hfc vsr 11

Hawkeye68

Iv got a USR-11 (or w/e!) and its completely compatable with TM parts. Its an exact clone (as good as) of a VSR realshock.

This means that it has zinc (i believe) weights around the piston to give it an extra kick. To compensate for this they put a 110 spring in as opposed to a 100 in the standard VSR, giving them the same power out of the box. This means that if ur willing to sacrifice the noise/kick (which you should, theyre hardly noticeable anyway) then you can remove these weights for a considerable boost in power. There's a great guide here:

www.geocities.com/drilltheshockweights

I'm not really one to mess around with internals too much but i did this successfully first try (thank god) and its definately worth it.

Mine's got a tightbore, barrel spacers and the weights removed and its a beast! Great accuracy and power! I used it for a while with only the weights removed and no other upgrades, even then it was incredibly accurate and easily powerful enought to be effective.

If you want even more fps then you could replace the trigger/piston sears and put in a more powerful spring.

This guns is easily as good as a TM VSR and definately worth the money! Only problem iv found is that you cant get custom stocks! :angry:

(got a bit carried away :rolleyes: )

Yip.

Its 98% compatible (2% is that when you put the Gspec outer barrel, the mag well gets very tight, and ejecting a mag is very difficult).

Here's a pic of mine to show you its Tm compatible.

HFCUSR11002.jpg

HFC Stock.

HFC Outer Barrel

PDI 6.03mm 555mm inner Barrel

K2 Bore up cylinder Set

TM VSR trigger assembly

TM Gspec Hop up

Kings Arms Silencer

Kings Arms 14mm- Barrel Adater

Plus more (Cant remember)

ENJOY :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

When I was building this rifle I did quite a bit of research and went for what I thought was the best upgrades available, so it has had just about every part upgraded.

It has a pro cylinder head

Teflon cylinder

Bearing spring guide

X-Fire 6.01 Inner barrel

Zero trigger

Piston which comes with the zero trigger

I bought the TM replacement hopup chamber and barrel (to perform some tests)

Nineball hopup rubber

I also bought two springs, a 130SP and 150SP

I’m sure that there is other stuff too, but I can not remember. One thing I did do was to wrap Teflon tape around anything which could cause air loss, i.e. the hopup chamber, the cylinder head, etc. It did take a long time to setup, I played with all the different heads for the Pro head.

I was expecting to use the 150SP spring to get to 500fps, when I installed this and chrono’d it, it was way too high for my site, which is 500fps. So I installed the 130SP spring, I was expecting about 450-470fps, and I was surprised to chrono it at 500. The 500 figure on the chrono is the highest reading, it chrono’s between 498 and 500fps constantly.

It is chrono’s using Excel or ISC .2g ammo. I use .28g SMG ammo when using the rifle for a game.

The 6.01 inner barrel did make a big difference, I installed all the upgrades in one go, apart from the barrel, which took a little longer to get here. I can’t remember the figures but I remember that I was surprised at how much difference it made.

Sorry for the bad pics, it’s off a crappy camera phone as it is the only camera that I can get my hands on at the moment.

Any other questions I would be happy to help with….

To be honest I can not remember how it performed. It was not in the rifle for long and I do remember a big improvement when the 6.01 barrel was installed and it replaced the TM barrel.

The main reason for buying theTM hopup chamber and barrel for for the TM hopup chamber, because I didn't think that the HFC one was very good, I think that one of the screws stripped so I decided to replace the whole chamber.

TheBauer, how is that PDI 6.01 barrel working out for you? I've been using a PDI 6.01 554mm barrel for 7 months now and have come to the conclusion that the LL 6.03 and the PDI 6.01 are nearly the same as far as performance goes, w/ the PDI edging out the LL barrel at longer range accuracy. One will need to check the PDI 6.01 for run-out though as I've found out through my comparisons. After it's sorted out though I found that the PDI indeed does perform better than the laylax at long ranges. As an example, w/ the PDI, I am able to make 200 ft head shots 4/5 times or hit a 12 oz soda can @ 150 ft 2/5 times. the grouping are a whole lot better than the laylax at longer ranges as well. I have compared this rifle w/ other snipers that have the PDI 6.05 and the LL 6.03 set-ups @ shooting events and skirmishes and have found that the 6.01 will out shoot them. For example, at a sniper shootout during "Combat Zone" held in Hawaii, shooters were given 10 rounds to hit a standard 10 inch paper target w/ a 3 inch "10" ring and a 1 inch "X" ring placed 120 ft away within 2 minutes. Of the 5 shooters, 4 were g-specs w/ various setups. There was only one aeg, a systema PTW. I was able to land all my rounds within the "8" ring 1/3 being in the 10 ring and a single round in the x ring. the other shooters got 4-5shots registered on paper w/ a couple within the 8 ring, w/ most outside the the 8 ring. Needless to say, I won the competition just from registering 10 rounds on paper!

Here is my current baseline setup: TM VSR-10 G-spec Custom w/ PDI 700mm Fluted outer barrel, PDI Palsonite Bore-up Cylinder set, PDI Bore-up one-piece Receiver, Laylax Bolt-handle, PDI Bore-up Barikaru VC Piston, PDI 6.01 554mm inner barrel, Mojii Viper variable power 4x-16x 50mm Blue illuminated mildot scope w/ Internal Scope/Weapon Level, ATN 30mm Adjustable high scope rings, King Arms 4" Harris Bi-pod, PDI Bore-up v-trigger set, ATN 4x90mm Aries 6650 Gen II+ multiple red on green reticule weapon mounted NVS (night vision scope)w/ digital remote, TM G-spec silencer, standard Mag, Guarder Cheek Pad (Desert Tan). During shooting comps, I will Micro-meter the rounds I am shooting to achieve the most consistent shots. I use TM's Superior Grade .30 as I find those have the least variance between BB's. I have used Guarder's .28, Super Grand Master .29, Straight .30 and .36. I have reached the conclusion that the TM .30 shoots very well in my setup! Let the Forum know what your findings are!

TheBauer, how is that PDI 6.01 barrel working out for you? I've been using a PDI 6.01 554mm barrel for 7 months now and have come to the conclusion that the LL 6.03 and the PDI 6.01 are nearly the same as far as performance goes, w/ the PDI edging out the LL barrel at longer range accuracy. One will need to check the PDI 6.01 for run-out though as I've found out through my comparisons. After it's sorted out though I found that the PDI indeed does perform better than the laylax at long ranges. As an example, w/ the PDI, I am able to make 200 ft head shots 4/5 times or hit a 12 oz soda can @ 150 ft 2/5 times. the grouping are a whole lot better than the laylax at longer ranges as well. I have compared this rifle w/ other snipers that have the  PDI 6.05 and the LL 6.03 set-ups @ shooting events and skirmishes and have found that the 6.01 will out shoot them. For example, at a sniper shootout during "Combat Zone" held in Hawaii, shooters were given 10 rounds to hit a standard 10 inch paper target w/ a 3 inch "10" ring and a 1 inch "X" ring placed 120 ft away within 2 minutes. Of the 5 shooters, 4 were g-specs w/ various setups. There was only one aeg, a systema PTW. I was able to land all my rounds within the "8" ring 1/3 being in the 10 ring and a single round in the x ring. the other shooters got 4-5shots registered on paper w/ a couple within the 8 ring, w/ most outside the the 8 ring. Needless to say, I won the competition just from registering 10 rounds on paper!

Here is my current baseline setup: TM VSR-10 G-spec Custom w/ PDI 700mm Fluted outer barrel, PDI Palsonite Bore-up Cylinder set, PDI Bore-up one-piece Receiver, Laylax Bolt-handle, PDI Bore-up Barikaru VC Piston, PDI 6.01 554mm inner barrel, Mojii Viper variable power 4x-16x 50mm Blue illuminated mildot scope w/ Internal Scope/Weapon Level, ATN 30mm Adjustable high scope rings, King Arms 4" Harris Bi-pod, PDI Bore-up v-trigger set, ATN 4x90mm Aries 6650 Gen II+ multiple red on green reticule weapon mounted NVS (night vision scope)w/ digital remote, TM G-spec silencer, standard Mag, Guarder Cheek Pad (Desert Tan). During shooting comps, I will Micro-meter the rounds I am shooting to achieve the most consistent shots. I use TM's Superior Grade .30 as I find those have the least variance between BB's. I have used Guarder's .28, Super Grand Master .29, Straight .30 and .36. I have reached the conclusion that the TM .30 shoots very well in my setup! Let the Forum know what your findings are!

Unfortunatly it was rather windy so i didnt get to get a great feel for it,

i was using maruzen SGM .29 in it and was getting simular shots to that of my LL 6.03mm.

this sunday im hoping to be going to another site with longer engagment ranges so i will be able to test it better, i will also be testing Digicon .36 non teflon coated as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived