Yeah I could believe that more than anything else. I just measured it and the HALO bore is 12mm all the way through. If somehow it was putting them out that it was 6mm off over about 100mm of silencer... well it would be insanely inaccurate. I'll put it down to a one off unless it happens again!

Oh yes and how easy is it to change the spring on this? I still haven't gotten my G&G AK back together properly after changing it's one, fire selector is wobbly and unreliable :angry:

Edited by Doncommie
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I, too, own a VFC HK416 and I would like to know if the King Arms Solid Stock can be installed on the HK416. I was going to go with a crane stock, but they're a bit expensive and battery capacity is somewhat limited. I also looked at the HK416 type "shortened" solid stock, but that's a bit too short, looks a bit funny IMO and requires a special type battery and modification to the receiver for installation.

So will the King Arms Solid Stock fit the VFC HK416? I think an M16A2 stock would look rather nice on an HK416...give it a sort of SR16 look to it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I saw somebody on another forum do the same (not sure if its King Arms stock though):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0026.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/xrx1911/DSC_0031.jpg

Well if your worried about limited Battery size cuz of cranestock i have a 9.6v 3300mah Ni-mh in mine. Only thing is i can collapse it all the way. Stays extended on last setting which i like the best anyways. The feel of cranestock is much better i think. More comfortable and much better looking. I got the Star Cranestock which was a very tight fit.

I'm going to send mine off to 6mil to get it modified... less hassle and the work is guaranteed.

Star/G&P Crane stock + Gearbox rewired to use stock

9.6 2000mah battery for stock

Madbull Black Python V2 363mm

1 Joule spring

And I think I will ask for a "Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly" judging by the trouble people have had... it's cheap so I might as well get it done. Also I read the VFC wires are crappy, worth getting those replaced?

I'm going to send mine off to 6mil to get it modified... less hassle and the work is guaranteed.

Star/G&P Crane stock + Gearbox rewired to use stock

9.6 2000mah battery for stock

Madbull Black Python V2 363mm

1 Joule spring

And I think I will ask for a "Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly" judging by the trouble people have had... it's cheap so I might as well get it done. Also I read the VFC wires are crappy, worth getting those replaced?

That gun is real easy to work with. You could save yourself some money and went this route.

th_IMG_0089.jpg

th_IMG_0088.jpg

th_IMG_0093.jpg

Just take off the top part of the gun wrap the wire back towards the rear on side of the mechbox, while top is off you could to the Inner barrel , and then put the wire through the pipe which you do have to replace the Fuse to a smaller one which i did to make it fit and thats it.

By the way if your not comfortable with doing it your self get the switch assembly done and have it wired to the rear not out the front.

Edited by AirRage
Well if your worried about limited Battery size cuz of cranestock i have a 9.6v 3300mah Ni-mh in mine. Only thing is i can collapse it all the way. Stays extended on last setting which i like the best anyways. The feel of cranestock is much better i think. More comfortable and much better looking. I got the Star Cranestock which was a very tight fit.

Actually, I changed my mind and decided to go with a STAR crane stock. Did you use the VFC stock buffer tube?

Just ordered the following for my HK416:

• King Arms Tactical Latch for M4 Charging Handle
  • Proud MK18 Mod 0 30mm Red Dot Sight Mount
  • King Arms Vertical Fore Grip with Pressure Switch Pocket (Black)
  • Magpul PTS MIAD Grip (Black)
  • 4x Magpul XT Texture Rail Panel (Black)

Once I get all of that on here, my gun is done! :D

Is the color of the gas block on the real HK416 a light-tannish color like on the VFC? I find it hard to believe it is. I'm planning on using some Semi-Gloss (HK) Duracoat to refinish the gas block(I've got a few gift cards to use up for Amazon.com and they've got it ;) ). I think it'll match much better on the gun. What do you guys think?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6...K416_D145RS.jpg

Some people complain that the color of the outer barrel doesn't "match" with the rest of the gun, but actually, the dark grey color is like what is found on the real-steel. The flash hider on the real-steel, however, is a black color, sort of like what AirRage has in his sig (I might refinish that too).

Edited by -[K!LLA]-
Just ordered the following for my HK416:

• King Arms Tactical Latch for M4 Charging Handle

• Proud MK18 Mod 0 30mm Red Dot Sight Mount

• King Arms Vertical Fore Grip with Pressure Switch Pocket (Black)

• Magpul PTS MIAD Grip (Black)

• 4x Magpul XT Texture Rail Panel (Black)

Once I get all of that on here, my gun is done! :D

sweet, cant wait to see it. im interested to see what rail covers will look like.

- Prometheus AEG Spring MS120

- Guarder Hop Up Bucking

- Systema Silicone Piston Head with Bearing (ZS-04-32)

- Prometheus Spring Guide with Bearing V2

- G&P High Pressure Polyacetal Piston

- Prometheus 6.03mm M4 (363mm) Tightbore Barrel

- Systema Low Resistance Switch Assembly

If i install all of this, will i solve all problems with this replica?
If i install all of this, will i solve all problems with this replica?

All you need to install for the gun to function correctly is the new switch assembly, and maybe a new hop up bucking. I run my gun at quite a bit above forum limit FPS though, so I replaced a number of parts in order to maximise performance and reliability. :)

A big thank you to all who took the time to post information in this thread. You helped convince me to take the plunge and buy one.

It arrived yesterday :) :) :D

I love it.

I've got a STAR clubfoot stock, tightbore, Halo silencer and aimpoint coming in next week. I really appreciate the tips on how to wire it up.

Quick question - how do the body pins come out? just punch them out?

body pins dont actually come off the body.. but to "remove it" so u can take the gun apart just what front one out. it should just hang there since theres a lil pin that holds it so it doesnt come off the body. (i like the design!) and just shot gun it off. The rear pin just holds the gearbox inplace and does not hold the upper.