weird firing, BB's going all directions

BigRedJ

my mates ICS m4 was behaving well today then after about half a day it started firing BB's in random directions, straight then curving left, right etc, it seemed random, but thats the weird thing, what can cause random bb trajectories? scratched barel? knackerd hopup bucking? ###### BB's?

any ideas?

Well was he using a *beep* BB brand? Spring gone in the hop-up?

which spring? the one n the front of the hopup unit? thats pushes it onto the air nozel?

the hop units got loose and moves around after every stroke maybe?

not sure it could, there are arms on the sides so it cant twist from side to side, but its really random, eg left then right, their not even close to eash other in direction. weird huh?

i'll have to grab the gun off him aand strip it sown, i was just after some input before i get it, its a new one on me!

try taking the hop p apart then putting it back together. sometimes the hop rubber will twist with the barrel inside of the hop up, so the hop will hit the bb on the side, making the bb's go to one side, then maybe the vibrations makes it move back and forth? not sure, but don't use .12 bb's in it, those will fly with the air coming from a fart, that is how easy it is to move those bb's while they are in mid air.

try taking the hop p apart then putting it back together. sometimes the hop rubber will twist with the barrel inside of the hop up, so the hop will hit the bb on the side, making the bb's go to one side, then maybe the vibrations makes it move back and forth? not sure, but don't use .12 bb's in it, those will fly with the air coming from a fart, that is how easy it is to move those bb's while they are in mid air.

yeah i dont think i;ve ever used a 0.12, i'll just have to get the gun and give it the once over

Don't fix it, just whack a huge battery in it and use it for CQB ^_^

Seriously, if they BB's are going everywhere, you just need to point somewhere near the target and they'll get hit ^_^

Maybe a dirty barrel? *shrugs* I had this once, barrel was filthy inside...

Most likely.

Take the upper reciever out and slide out the barrel.

Look down it at a lightsource and check for anything in the barrel.

Use the cleaning rod with some silicon sprayed J-cloth and give it a good clean.

You may need to use the other end of the cleaning rod to "scrape" the barrel clean.

Most likely.

Take the upper reciever out and slide out the barrel.

Look down it at a lightsource and check for anything in the barrel.

Use the cleaning rod with some silicon sprayed J-cloth and give it a good clean.

You may need to use the other end of the cleaning rod to "scrape" the barrel clean.

Yes, I believe this is probably the problem too! Also, don't forget to turn the hop up all the way OFF before shoving a cleaning rod down it!

Steve

I've had this problem and it was the taper plate that was not running smoothly. Take the mag out and shoot the gun. If the movement of the airnosle is erratic than you will need to replace the taper plate and I would change the taper plate spring as well.

also dont forget ALL aegs do this to an extent. they are not super accurate items.

my m60 takes around 40 rounds to go on target its that irregular.

yeah i know their not the best but this as every shot different, no consistancy at all, and the shots wer wildly off target

When I have had this problem it was due to there being a bit of excess silicon oil in the barrel. After about 60 or so shots it fixed itself though, and blasted all of the silicon out. I've also serviced a gun with a barrel that looked as if it had been used to dredge the local lake. It took about 20 patches with silicon until it was clean. The funny thing about this case was... the game right before I serviced the rifle, I was shot by it from 100 ft away. The gun was just about dead accurate WTF#@%!!! It doesnt make sense to me. But just make sure that if the barrel was cleaned, get all of the excess silicon out of the barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

my classic army m16a2 did something very similar the other day, was fine never had problem with it in two years, then suddenly started loosing range then firing them every where, this was in space of 20/30 rnds. first i suspected the hop so i replaced the rubbers, had been in there 2 years so likely suspect. made no difference at all, scratched my head a bit then realised it had lost loads of power also. turned out the piston rubber had cracked so it wasnt generating the air presure needed to produce effective hop, so it made them drop all over the place. just an idea.

Archived