G&P M11A1 Steel Body Kit

StarMonkee

Ok just been browsing Red Wolf as saw this added.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23730

G&P M11A1 Steel Conversion Kit for KSC M11A1

Material: Steel

For KSC M11A1

Included:

M11 Steel Metal Body

M11 Steel Made Stock

M11 Steel Made Flashider

M11 Rubber Grip

M11 Aluminum Silencer (with Marui Tracer Adaptor)

post-19595-1197904999_thumb.jpg

I also like the fact that the silencer has a TM tracer unit built into it.

I don't think it has a tracer unit built into it, there's an adaptor so you can replace the front section of the silencer with a TM tracer unit.

It definately looks to be better quality than the old G&P monkey metal parts. Shame it doesn't come with a metal bolt. Hopefully the stock on this kit has a tighter fit to the steel body meaning less wobble than the KSC stock.

Now if they could make the MAC11 WORK reliably...then itd be interesting. But given G&Ps quality issues, I doubt thatd happen :(

GnP's aren't that bad, and besides, this is just a body kit, not the internals. It's KSC that needs to improve the design. If you want to make your MAC work more relyably though, tape over the ejection port or build yourself a dust cover. The main reason MAC's don't work properly is that dirt and grit gets into the ejection port because they fire from an open bolt, and this causes the gun to shred itself. If you clean it thoroughly after every game and have a dust cover, they work infinitly more relyably. I fully disassemble mine every time I take it out to skirmish, which really doesn't bother me too much, and it works lieka charm every time. It's a KWA though... I don't know if that counts for anything though.

GnP's aren't that bad, and besides, this is just a body kit, not the internals. It's KSC that needs to improve the design. If you want to make your MAC work more relyably though, tape over the ejection port or build yourself a dust cover. The main reason MAC's don't work properly is that dirt and grit gets into the ejection port because they fire from an open bolt, and this causes the gun to shred itself. If you clean it thoroughly after every game and have a dust cover, they work infinitly more relyably. I fully disassemble mine every time I take it out to skirmish, which really doesn't bother me too much, and it works lieka charm every time. It's a KWA though... I don't know if that counts for anything though.

Experiences vary but with a few M11s owned and weekly skirmishes in dust and mud, I have not encountered dirt getting in through the ejection port as the problem. Primarily the plastic nozzle just needs to move, and on some bolts it is a little tight. Certainly dirt could cause this problem, it's just not what I've found clogging things up upon regular disassembly. It seems more of a factory issue, and one that can be fixed easily enough with a change to the O-ring and/or some fitting around the nozzle rails. I can compare here one MAC with a lot of skirmishing, one that stays home for backyard shooting, and one with a dust cover fitted just for fun. Dirt through the open ejection port makes some difference, but most that can get into the small, important areas is also small enough to slip through the closed chamber and ejection ports of my pistols and the M11 with bolt closed, so I think the open bolt system is blamed slightly too much for the failures of M11s.

I might have to pick up one of these kits... metal + MAC is always nice.

:)

I do not believe this is the same kit that came out years ago.

I have a fully upgraded M11A1 using the original G&P metal upgrade kit (with the white trade marks). The metal used in this kit is pathetic and cheap. I accidently bent the lower receiver with my bare hands with hardly any effort while installing the new body.

Thus I don't believe the original kit was made of steel (like the new one claims to be). You also did not get a rubber grip pad or stock in the original (or obviously a silencer). You had to re-use the stock and plastic grip pad from the KSC body. It's nice to see G&P have now included these.

I have just ordered one of these steel kits from WGC. I hope the quality is way better than the current metal kit I have. Most importantly I really hope it's made out of steel.

Btw, to get a perfectly working M11 (like mine) I suggest the full metal body kit and also two v.important items: the magnesium bolt and a reinforced recoil spring. You will not have any problems with your gun after this upgrade.

I've included two pix of my Mac as it currently stands...

B

post-431-1198285430_thumb.jpg post-431-1198285391_thumb.jpg

I just ordered my M11A1 Steel Kit as well. Been waiting for this for a while now! I wish G&P would make the CQB Rail Kit for this gun again also.

It looks like the barrel/silencer setup has a new ring that keeps the barrel from rotating, which will be a welcome upgrade.

I'm sure we'll all be posting pix of the new steel version once it's installed :)

I just ordered my M11A1 Steel Kit as well. Been waiting for this for a while now! I wish G&P would make the CQB Rail Kit for this gun again also.

It looks like the barrel/silencer setup has a new ring that keeps the barrel from rotating, which will be a welcome upgrade.

I'm sure we'll all be posting pix of the new steel version once it's installed :)

go to www.airsoft-war4.com and search m11 in the search box.they have the CQB kits, in black and chrome.they also sell the magnesium bolts.metal tops, bottoms, silencers, and the full metal kits.also they sell the rail system and a supressor in one package :D

go to www.airsoft-war4.com and search m11 in the search box.they have the CQB kits, in black and chrome.they also sell the magnesium bolts.metal tops, bottoms, silencers, and the full metal kits.also they sell the rail system and a supressor in one package :D

I went over to that site and the black CQB Rail kit was out of stock, but it said the silver one was in stock to my surprise! of course once they received my order for the silver one they realised they were out of stock of the silver ones too :( I've tried every major retailer of G&P parts, and nobody sells the rail kit anymore :(

On a better note, my G&P M11A1 steel kit should be here today! I've never had to take the internals out of the lower receiver, so I hope its not too difficult!

Also regarding the M11A1 reliability, the issue like someone said above, is the plastic nozzle on the bolt getting stuck. Its a very tight fit, and often sticks in the "out" position while firing, which jams the gun.

I've also experienced, when clearing a jam, the loose bb's getting stuck in the lower receiver internals, which is hard to see if you use black 6mm pellets. A freind of mine's M11A1 stopped working, and he gave up on it. Turns out he had a black 6mm pellet stuck in the internals. we popped it free, and the gun worked again, LOL!

I've also been using a thicker viscocity silicon lube (G&P Cylinder oil) on the metal bolt and moving metal parts. I just put a hefty amount on my fingertip, and spread it manually over the bolt, and inside the upper/lower reciever. This seems to provide better movement of the parts than using the spray silicon lube in a can. The spray kind tends to be too thin for some bolts, and will still allow metal to grind itself thinner.

So I got the M11A1 steel kit today, and its definately steel. These parts are VERY cold to the touch. The trademarks are exactly like the real thing. The construction is pretty good. As you can see on some of the photos, its a little rough around the edges unlike the ABS version. Like on the back of the gun, its not "smooth" like the ABS. and you can see obvious weld seams, as you can see on the handle picture. I have not fired a real M11A1, so I dont know if this is how the real ones look.

Even the silencer is steel!! A thin steel, but definately cold to the touch, unlike my King Arms silencer of the same design.

Now the only thing I have to figure out is how to remove the ABS body from the internals of my M11A1 so I can install this steel kit! I've spent a day trying to figure it out, and all i have is sore fingers and a scratched up gun.

The only thing holding the ABS body onto the metal internal frame is the 'safety' switch. (see last photo with red circle on it) For the life of me, i cannot figure out how to remove the 'safety switch" in order to remove the ABS body. The way it is installed, there is no way for the switch to be removed without breaking the ABS frame in 2 pieces, which is fine, but I cannot do that to the steel kit to install it of course! :D

Anyone have an idea how to remove the safety switch? Diagrams pulled offline are far too pixelated to see the parts in detail. Does anyone have an original M11a1 manual handy with a diagram?

Thanks!

post-46385-1199126689_thumb.jpgpost-46385-1199126698_thumb.jpg

post-46385-1199126711_thumb.jpgpost-46385-1199126703_thumb.jpg

post-46385-1199126722_thumb.jpgpost-46385-1199126716_thumb.jpg

post-46385-1199126729_thumb.jpgpost-46385-1199127055_thumb.jpg

Pop that pin out of there, part number 68

th_m11diagram.jpg

Thanks very much for the reply Jimel!! That small pin was the problem. I've learned that when dis-assembling an M11A1, any time you run into a brick wall, its going to be a pin that is stopping you, LOL. I'm doing this conversion on a Team SD/HFC M11A1, and the manual is not clear, and has no diagram. For me, figuring out that little pin was harder than dis-assembling the entire trigger assembly, haha. To get the pin out on the safety switch I just used an "allen wrench" that was similar width to the pin, and hammered it out. Getting it back in is the hard part!

I'm gonna finish this conversion, take some pix and a few notes, and post one more message about the kit. Thanks a million for the help with that Jimel, you got me over this wall i ran into :D

Happy New Year all!

I too received my M11 steel kit yesterday morning.

I noticed my box has slightly different writing to yours nyc... Anyway, the inside of the package is exactly the same.

Took me a few hours to install the new body as it was a few years ago that I installed my original metal body.

The G&P steel body is solidly made. However, the finish marks quite easily and there was some noticable rust marks on the lower and upper receiver.

During the installation the only adjustments I needed to make were to the pin hole for the magazine catch. I found I had to dremel this hole to accommodate my pin. Also, the safety switch pin (part no.68) was also a little tricky to remove but I gently used a very small headed hole punch to ease this out.

Just to correct you nyc... the silencer is not made out of steel but is aluminium.

This is a very fine upgrade to the KSC M11 and adds a fair heft to the overall package. If you're upgrading from the original plastic gun you will be amazed by the weight increase. My gun now feels extremely solid and heavy. I'm very pleased with the result (even though there are noticable marks on the body & I haven't even skirmished with it yet!! Guess it adds to the realism!).

Here are some pictures...

post-431-1199207436_thumb.jpg

post-431-1199207598_thumb.jpg

post-431-1199207700_thumb.jpg

Archived