AST/RA-Tech Monster hybrid hop up rubber

blobface

Already used both the AEG and VSR/1911 rubbers. Very good range on both with much better groupings than the A+ rubbers. Come with a very nice concave bridge type spacer (on AEG version) Dboys AK was ranging my flat hop'd 16 but at only 280 fps compared to my 348. Make of that what you will

Dboys AK was ranging my flat hop'd 16 but at only 280 fps compared to my 348. Make of that what you will

Sorry, didnt get this part.

So, you already tested the Ra-Tech bucking?  lucky ;)

These alternatives are a step in the right direction, but I think they could make it better, releasing a barrel+chamber+bucking combo with an enlongated version of the flat hop, I tried it once and even a poor finished prototype slinged BBs to crazy ranges just with an ICS stock barrel and no chamber mods XD

been out on EBairsoft for a while now. I have a flat hopped G&P M16 running 348 fps. My brother in laws DBOYs AKMS had the maple leaf fitted and clocked in around 280fps. both weapons have a very similar range when tested side by side. I appoligise for my first post, I may have been slightly on the beer!

Hope this clears it up

Dave

The one in Ebairsoft is a mappleleaf monster, this one is a RA-Tech monster and is supposed to be "new" and unreleased... seems like RA-Tech didnt do the homework when choosing the  products name :lol:

Thanks for the opinion on both systems Kalashnikov-kid :)

one problem about some Taiwan made Hop rubber is, they're too hard. 

Their product have to maintain its elastic under hot and humidity climate, so their hop tends to be too hard for other countries.

One of my friend tried AST blue hop rubber on his LM4 and ruined its accuracy horribly.

He's now using KWA original with modified hop spring and very happy with it.

and A+ devil hop was also terrible for my guns.

• 2 weeks later...

Too soon, mate! they have to choose among the applicants, send the protos, be installed, skirmished, reports writen, studied and finally be put into production... I wouldnt expect a final product or early review until mid summer to say the least...

Looks good, mate! thanks for the video, but, is that a VSR bucking? because the barrel cut seems like it is, but the bucking shape is more like an AEG type... certainly confused there.

Anyway, waiting for the shooting test, but if I can ask you, could you please tell the temperature which the gun has been tested in? these new HK/taiwan buckings are horrible in cold weather :(

Thanks for the effort :)

It looks like a modified vsr bucking without the square (outside). I put them into the VSR barrel and it fits but not installed into the VSR10 chamber yet.

I would say that the bucking is little bit softer than the Guarder 70degree bucking but I can`t confirm 100%.

Temperature should be 20 to 30celcius -> in austria the summer does not arrived yet.

Lets see how the bucking performs.

I will install them into my upped TM P90 which have a untouched TM Bucking and Barrel. Accuracy test will be made in 60m (target) and I will ask a friend to be a target and see what is the maximum range of this combo. P90 shooting around 360-380fps (forgot the exact fps now.

I am also thinking install the combo into a brand new TM G36C (stock)

• 2 weeks later...

OK I tried it. Well I don`t have words how to describe it. The performence is par with a prometheus setup. same range, some CTC (44cm) from 40meter target. I don`t know if I should make the work to cut the video I made today.

@Darklite

I hope you have better result than me

Well I think there are no room for improvements :(. As you remember from my preview video it came already with a tbb. The BB I used are on of the best on the market -> Bioval 0.25g

but for a serious test I have to fix the gun 100% and have to be a indoor test.

I found out that I have some innerbarrel wobble issue -> now I wrapped one layer of electronic tape and one layer teflontape around the electronic tape. This would explain the "bad" result of both setups. Yes I think I need heavier ammo cause to reach the 60meter I have to overhop both setups ( 380fps 0,2g without Hopup applied).

But my question is: who is playing with 0,3g or 0,4g BBs with a assault rifle unless you are rich. Most common ammo are 0,2 or 0,25g

I don`t know how I should make a video review wihtout to much trouble/effort. what do you think of that plan?

-P90 370fps with AST setup

-M4 380 fps with Prometheus setup

-VFC 380fps with Prome barrel and A+ bucking

and testshoot within 40meters I

tried today to make a compare between AST and PRome in the M4 (have 2 hopup chambers and barrel that i have switched) but it`s pain in the *albatross* to swap them-> did not filmed where I switched the barrel so no video proof!

Guarder 0.28 hpm's

cheap enough to use in all my aegs, £10 for 3700 @ Firesupport.

Most sites charge round me charge £8/£10 for bottles of 3000 x 0.2's...

Always amazes me how people can spend hundreds of pounds on upgrading their aegs, then buy the cheapest 0.2's they can find!

I am still trying to get my team mates to step up their ammo to 0.25's, they just cant get their heads around it.

Heavier ammo = better range and accuracy.

Jim

Archived