May 23rd: UK Terror Threat Level raised to highest level

DarkLite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40023488

Chaps/Chappettes, the terror alert has been raised to Critical.

That means armed police on the prowl and Armed Forces being deployed to guard key sites.

Be especially careful when transporting your kit and especially your Airsoft replicas.

The very last thing we need is a RIF getting mistaken for the real thing and someone getting shot.

Stay safe.

After the controlled explosion (yes, not including the terrible atrocity at the concert, I mean aftermath) last night and the panic at the shopping centre earlier today, I think it's fair to say everyone is on edge.

Hopefully the worst is over. My heart goes out to the people affected by yesterday's bombing and my sincerest condolences to all the families who have lost a loved one.

Obviously I am biased, but 'armed police on the prowl' does not seem like the best way that could have been worded.

If airsofters aren't being proper *fruitcage* stupid and observe basic common sense, the likelihood of getting shot is minuscule. I get the sentiment of the post, but feel it's... Slightly antagonistic.

Darklite, I feel this post has a dash of sensationalism. I've always liked you on here, and your posts have made me chuckle on several occasions, but I saw this as an 'us and them' division. We need to be together. Our armed cops are some of the most level-headed, well trained people I've ever met.

Apologies if I have totally misread that. I hope I have after not much sleep in the last 24 hours.

Obviously I am biased, but 'armed police on the prowl' does not seem like the best way that could have been worded.

If airsofters aren't being proper *fruitcage* stupid and observe basic common sense, the likelihood of getting shot is minuscule. I get the sentiment of the post, but feel it's... Slightly antagonistic.

Darklite, I feel this post has a dash of sensationalism. I've always liked you on here, and your posts have made me chuckle on several occasions, but I saw this as an 'us and them' division. We need to be together. Our armed cops are some of the most level-headed, well trained people I've ever met.

Apologies if I have totally misread that. I hope I have after not much sleep in the last 24 hours.

My edit window has passed, but it's meant to say "On the prowl for the bomber's mates".

I'm not trying to make this an us-and-them at all, but I can see how that might come across.

My edit window has passed, but it's meant to say "On the prowl for the bomber's mates".

I'm not trying to make this an us-and-them at all, but I can see how that might come across.

Then I apologise in full, sorry :)

I would have agreed with you 100%, until this morning when someone was complaining on the Tipman Owners Group on Facebook that he was interrupted testing the new hop mod by someone walking their dog at 1am....

He thought the best way to set it was to go into the local park at 1 am, use tracer BB's and set it from there. A simple smiley does not describe how much this worries me....

Sadly these are the people who give the sport a bad name, and lead to repeated warning like the one above.

Lee

I would have agreed with you 100%, until this morning when someone was complaining on the Tipman Owners Group on Facebook that he was interrupted testing the new hop mod by someone walking their dog at 1am....

He thought the best way to set it was to go into the local park at 1 am, use tracer BB's and set it from there. A simple smiley does not describe how much this worries me....

Sadly these are the people who give the sport a bad name, and lead to repeated warning like the one above.

Lee

And I refer to my comment about being proper *fruitcage* stupid...

Lee

facepalm.jpg

Yeah that's 5.56mm levels of stupid.

Starting to think carrying a trauma kit in my EDC isn't such a paranoid action. Not in regards to armed police but in general.

I've had a few Israeli bandages and a CAT tourniquet in mine for a while now. I chuck the FAK in my duty bag for work, and also have more Israeli bandages on my duty belt.

It can't hurt for the weight and space they use.

Yeah I carry a BFG Trauma Kit Now! hidden inside the front pocket of my ruck with Israeli bandage, Celox, chest seals and gloves with extra bandages in one of the internal pockets.

Hope to never need it but better to be ready.

Not just armed police about either (you can do a search on Google), but remember that there is a need right now and should be seen as a necessity.

At any time of the year, if you think going to a public place and testing your airsoft aeg/gbb (or other), is a good idea, go the doctors. You have lost the plot.

Not just armed police about either (you can do a search on Google), but remember that there is a need right now and should be seen as a necessity.

It's quite surprising just how overt certain elements are being in the aftermath of this attack, they've always been there but tended to blend in better. Now they're keen to kick some doors in and grab some *fruitcage*ers.

Come after our kids and we'll *fruitcage* you up.

It's quite surprising just how overt certain elements are being in the aftermath of this attack, they've always been there but tended to blend in better. Now they're keen to kick some doors in and grab some *fruitcage*ers.

Come after our kids and we'll *fruitcage* you up.

Fair enough, but given the fact the that they're ready to blow themselves up, and kill innocent children in the process. I don't think there is much to *fruitcage* up.

Like the mass shooters in America, were totally dealing with a 'Joker from the Dark Knight" levels of insanity, that will only end in mass amount of innocent lives in the long run.

The truth is, this will never end.

We can't stand by and do nothing, talking about peace and love isn't going to cure anything. We need to seek put these vermin wherever they hide and destroy what we can,to make them think twice. There's no honour in then getting a bunch of rounds in the face and not killing any infidels.

This problem isn't going to go away, no. But we need to minimise the impact these people can have. We need to be open to greater government surveillance and bring in enhanced interrogation techniques.

Me?

I fail to see how destroying those who seek to harm non combatants is anti-democratic, nor surveillance of the population. If you're not doing anything wrong you should have nothing to hide from the government and it's not like they'd actively trawl everything but look for signals and patterns.

What I'm an enemy of is people thinking it's acceptable to kill children who have never held a weapon.

I invite you to google the spanish inquisition, not as funny as the Monty Python but more or less what you would like: more surveillance and enhanced interrogation technics as you "say" it.

The thing is not in surveillance (massive) or torture as you do not have training resources of info to start with.

As the Prince Philip said:

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" In a Radio 4 interview shortly after the Dunblane shootings in 1996. He said to the interviewer off-air afterwards: "That will really set the cat among the pigeons, won't it?"

So what do you propose? Sit back and let everything blow over? Because it won't, there will just be more blood on people's hands, more people burying their children.

Or maybe we need to talk to these radicals, they're just misunderstood right?

They want a holy war they can have a ton of Hellfire and Brimstone (missiles that is).

Tw1tch, the problem is that eliminating privacy doesn't work.

The UK already spies on it's citizens more than any other western democracy. The Manchester bomber was known to the police and MI5.

His own family reported him last year for being possibly radicalised. He was already under surveillance.

He still killed 22 people.

As you ask my proposal would include:

1º Proper terrorism training (I have had police "terrorism awareness" training here and was a JOKE).

2º Proper firearm training.

3º Proper armed presence.

4º Proper immigration/emigration control.

5º Proper surveillance on suspects.

6º Proper violence-reduction education.

7º Proper radicalization(anti) education, know what you are looking for, not sketches!.

In Spain we also have had bombs, but we are not scared so see armed officers, indeed each and every national police officer packs openly.

We have about 3,6 millions of guns legally owned by individuals (and about 1,1 for the army and police) but our level of violent crime is not as high as yours.

We have identified and arrested quite some terrorism suspects and plenty of gaffes but we do not think about spying on our own people of blame the police.

Tw1tch, the problem is that eliminating privacy doesn't work.

Not acting on intelligence doesn't work. I don't see any harm in operating more stringent surveillance of the population, you never know what you might catch. And its better than doing nothing, things will still get through (for example lone wolf attacks which are almost impossible to predict).

I'm not saying he could've been caught by an extensive surveillance system, in fact it's likely he wouldn't have been but what do you think the families of those who suffered on Monday would say if there was a chance that he'd have been picked up if everyone was subject to invasion of privacy by HM government?

Archived