Tokyo Marui Fn 5.7 OD/Tan/Bk slides and frames

Kretschmer

Haven´t seen these on any shop or in news...

Guarder 5.7 Slides

As the RS 5.7 has a policarbonate covering over the slide, these plastic, pretty cheap slides and frames are just as good as the stock one. And they sure add variety and a non-expensive solution for chipping or wear on the original. And the extra bit of tactical fashion :P

The profile on all 5-7s should still fit in a SERPA as the lowest point on the curved guard is the same as the lowest point on the USG guard, and the SERPA is not the only custom fit holster, both FOBUS and safariland have holsters for the 5-7 ,as do many others. I think the main reason this design was chosen is that the original, IOM, and the tactical are now off the market, and the USG is the only one still in production.

Guarder could have just as easily made one of the other models, but I think sticking to the one most common is a safe bet in an initial run, if these sell enough we may see a IOM version although I doubt we will see an tactical or original as the changes between the IOM and tactical are really not that noticeable to the casual eye, the same could be said for the USG unless you really like the rounded trigger guard, and the original is a "tactical" with a double action and no safety, not something that could be placed in a replica set up to be single action with a safety.

In my opinion the trigger guard and smooth textured grip of the early models look stupid, I honestly did not like the looks of the 5-7 pre-USG.

Bankz that's the original, notice the lack of a safety, that's the giveaway.

Somegirls, I ran across this a few years ago, don't know if it's real or not but I think I have seen OD slides as well, It wouldn't be too hard to powder coat the whole thing, just like the 1911s.

Five-seveNTan.jpg

Archived