Your government

Stalker

Do you have any confidence In our leaders?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any confidence In our leaders?

• You do believe they are acting in our best interest.
    • You do believe they are acting it their best interest.
    • They are all scum who should be banished.
    • They always tell the truth.
    • They tell you the truth they want you to believe.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also troo: BNP local HQ was near my house (The Dunrobin, Florence, Longton). And we have had no end of problems with that place. It does seem to have changed though, we havent had a car window smashed or door mirror broken off in a while. Or heard heavy rock music playing till 3am.

Wrong.

You are calling me a racist thug and i'm sure that is against forum policy.

All politics is 'snake oil'.

It's not the propaganda I believe but the policys.

Which ones say I can't call a spade a spade.

They misrepresent their true politics. Their policies whilst very right wing are ###### compared with their history, senior members history and general ethos.

I loathe and fear the popular support they seem to be gaining at the moment.

Clear enough?

So basically - you want an active alternative to the big three who are all the same?

Agreed - so do I, but I think the BNP is sorely lacking.

CC

*Partial agreement with the guy above on the aspect of misrepresenting policies*

Which ones say I can't call a spade a spade.

They misrepresent their true politics. Their policies whilst very right wing are ###### compared with their history, senior members history and general ethos.

I loathe and fear the popular support they seem to be gaining at the moment.

Clear enough?

Extreme* right-wing parties are gaining popularity in several countries, including Norway. Scary, really.

*/radical, far (right), nationalist

TBH, I can see that there's a facet of the BNP that a lot of Brit's could relate to.

From what I understand, the Respect Party has/had a lot of the same convictions.

Thing is, the presentable face of the BNP might have some appeal to a lot of people but it also attracts a lot of neo-nazi skinhea yobs and, frankly, the thought of associating with that type of person should be enough to put anybody off joining the same organisation.

We DO need take more pride in our country, our history and our flag AND take political and legal steps to protect our nation and help it grow, even if that means we need to become slightly biased toward domestic industry and culture.

That part of the BNP manifesto is something I do find myself in agreement with.

Oooohh. We're on to the BNP now!!

I can't profess to be a fan, but being the great big "Freedom over all else" type I am I support Stalkers choice to follow.

That said, I do believe they mis represent their policies to a great extent. Some do have merit. I did like the one where they advocated custodial sentences for anyone found guilty of assaulting a member of the NHS.

But... despite what they claim, it is a racially motiviated party. Their section on membership in the constitution only serves to highlight this fact. If they came into power, they seem to have the ideal that only white europeans should have full citizenship. I seem to recall that they also wanted to recriminalise homosexuality, as well, which I'd consider a major violation of a persons freedom.

Despite what they claim, they'll never be able to shake off the association with the thugs. The BNP was founded as a racist organisation by John Tyndall, as an offshoot of the National Front. Just because it's a little more watered down to make it more presentable, it doesn't change many of the aims highlighted in the small print.

The press infiltrations, and hidden camera's that catch them out doesn't really help, either. They are rather popular with undercover journalists these days.

One aspect where I will choose to totally disagree with Stalker is on the "Black Sheep bit". While it is totally true that all political parties contain some pretty bad people, I seem to recall an argument that "A significant proportion of the population have a criminal record" to justify certain people.

Who I really mean is Tony Lecomber. A criminal record is one thing. I'm sure a few MP's have a few misdeeds behind them. A nail bomber as one of your most senior members, is quite another. Its not exactly ancient history. I just checked, and its only a year since he left the party. Black Sheep is one thing, but having people like that in the upper echelons is not something I'd look for in a political party.

But, I congratulate Stalker on sticking up for himself. That's what free speech is for. I may not believe in what a person says, but I'd lay down my life in a heartbeat to defend their right to say it.

Archived