Send in the clones. But not for noobs.

Sledge

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Hey, you know that DVD you were going to buy from HMV? I bought it the other day. Don't pay HMV £20. Give me £10 and I'll run you off a copy."

Get the point?

:zorro:

now theres a diference between piracy and cloneing,

piracy is give me £10 and i'll run you off a copy

whilst cloneing is i reproduced the film and in my film i used brad pitt instead of leanado decaprio but it still has the same story line

^{Woozie},Mar 7 2007, 08:40 PM]Indeed they are not ideal for Newcomer, I totally agree that Sledge...

But we can't possible make the decision for them, all we can really do is just give them advices and comments.

Woozie

Hence Sledge's original post urging people to stop telling newbs to buy clones!

Full circle finally!

They make TM compatible parts becoz that's the most majority of users are using on their weapons, it will be foolish of them to create a brand new system that none of the other systems will accept since they will not make a profit at all due the the fact that the system is not compatible with the others, and they normally get rejected very soon.

Woozie

ok then, if 2 car companies bought out a new car,

with identical handling, acceleration, horsepower.

etc

but one was £2000 cheaper.

which would you get?

Is that supposed to be a metaphor for the situation with clone guns?

It's wrong, you know.

It would be more appropriate to say that one car manufacture has a dozen different models which are all identical to the Ford Mondeo. Some are as good as the Mondeo. Some aren't. Some have windscreens that you can't see out of and have the doors fitted upside down. Some have engines that don't work properly so the top speed is only 45mph.

Some are perfectly acceptable though.

The only problem is that you'll be buying your car sight-unseen and you're just going to have to hope for the best.

Me, I'd just spend the extra money and buy the Authentic Mondeo.

It's all very well saying clone guns are good for beginners because they're cheap and almost as good but I'm stunned at how blinkered people can be.

There's a 150 page long thread about UTG MP5s and an 80 page thread about the Warrior L96.

Those threads aren't full of praise for the guns, you know.

I'm not 'up' on Airsoft history, I've only been doing it for around 18 months.

Was there this 'fuss' when the first clones came out?

I don't even know what the first clone company was, was it CA, ICS, other?

Or did it not seem to matter because they were a similar price? ;)

There was a similar topic recently, bringing up all the same points pretty much.

well if everyone was completely loyal to marui, we would have a monopoly.

and you think marui are very nice and wouldnt exploit that?

You're so very very wrong, your opinions are skewed, your statements biased and totally unrelated to the topic at hand, also, your tag is lame.

I think I'm done.

Departed = a RipOff version of Chinese Movie- Internal Affair,

Which I still think Chinese Version is better :D

Stealthbomber: Yes I do agree that Chinese manufactor ( Clones ) do tend to have the lack of Quaility Control, aber there are also problems on TM and CA guns as well....

CA EARLY MP5 handguard being fraglie is one of the examples...

TM.... not sure they do have much problem really!

Woozie

ok hardboiledcop.

marui is a business, correct?

a business exsists to make money.

look at microsoft, they have a monopoly and windows is a pile of *beep*

yet again, the point of this thread is that people should stop blindly suggesting clone guns for newbs just because their clone gun worked fine, many of them don't, and as such do not make good first buys.

Archived