My Problem With Evike

Tony007x

Wrong vest was sent to me. In my package I got

This

When I Ordered

This

I let them know that the laser I bought didn't work either, Rma#1249. I returned the vest and the laser, a new laser was sent to me, but the replacement vest was not. I am still waiting for my vest, and haven't had contact with Evike since the 13th of Feb 2007 on the status of my order.

Came to Arnies and posted in the Evike section and still isn't resolved...

Timeline:

All times and date are PST

12/29/06 I get my package with everything in it, except two items were wrong with the order. My Laser did not work, and the wrong vest was sent to me.

12/29/06 (9:24 PM) The same day I got the package I put in a request for a RMA #

01/08/07 (5:37 PM) After waiting for a RMA with no reply I send in another request

01/10/07 (10:49 AM) "You RMA number is 1249. Please send the item back to us at 129 N. San Gabriel BLVD San Gabriel, CA 91775."

01/31/07 (12:44PM) I send both the Vest and the Laser back

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8172/recpitoi3.jpg

02/05/07 (6:35 PM) I recieve Notification that a package is being sent to me

Confirmation Number: 9101010521297717277582

02/08/07 I recieve my package it was my ICS Laser

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1824/package2ju4.jpg

02/12/07 (3:50 PM) I ask about the status on my vest

02/13/07 (11:33 AM) "Dear Customer, if we haven't sent it out yet then its probably on back-order, give us a week or so we should get them in normally"

02/13/07 (12:43 PM) I ask if I could get my money back because its been awhile

02/17/07 (9:30 PM) I ask about the status of my vest

02/21/07 (9:35 PM) I ask about the status of my vest

02/23/07 (9:54 PM) I ask about the status of my vest

03/02/07 (10:20PM) I come to Arnies and Post My problem under evike.com section

03/06/07 (03:48 PM) I start talking to osovega via pm Giving him a timeline similar to this. Now i added time stamp and more recent events.

03/13/07 (2:02PM) Via Pm from: osovega

Okay, I check on your RMA and it says that everything's been shipped back to you. It says that the right vest was sent out, and that's the end of it. Obviously, you're still waiting for something so that's not the case. Can you tell me what's wrong specifically? I know it seems like you're getting the run around, but I'm doing everything I can to take care of you. So please bear with me a little longer. Just tell me what your issue is and whether or not you have another RMA that you filed for this specific problem.

Just as I posted this I got a phone call from evike.com

03/13/07 (3:59PM) "Is this Thien? We just called to let you know there was a mistake on our part and the money is being refunded to your account as requested, sorry for the mistake"

Now awaiting for the money to be refunded into my account will keep you posted!

cause it sometimes it is much cheaper than having to order from out of the country since other u.s. retailers may not have it. so it's a gamble.

evike though used to have good reports from the reviews i read... or maybe i just missed the bad ones somehow... i dunno. i'm actually going through a return with them now, i sent em the item about a week ago, but have still not heard anything.

i am currently returning a broken item they sent me, i find that they don't reqally do anything till you get ######, at that point (when practically yelling at them on the phone) they begin their long process of making good on the return.

it's been about 26 days since i received it, the claim that it will be handled within the next few days... we'll see.

unfortunately no. if it is taking the seller too long then it is you may be able to prove that they are not intending to do anything, but there is no time restraint or anything.

is there such thing in england?

In the United Kingdom we do, we have a goverment Agency called trading standards, they state any refund must be made within a REASONABLE ammount of time, (usually 30days but is up to a court to decide that)

• 2 weeks later...

update! (for those who are intrested) stupid me, i just ordered again from evike. (i was still hearing nothing but lies, excuses, and "talk to the next guy" about my return)

they sent me two of the same item that i ordered only once, and clicked on the confirm order tab only once!

so i called them, but their line was busy till closing hours.

i called again today, it took me an hour to get through because their line was first busy, then no one picked up, then it was busy again. finally someone answered the call.

i explained the problem about the tracking, and after about 15 minutes of trying to get the guy to understand what the problem was, he said that they accidentally sent me a random tracking number, but that i was not charged twice. i then went on to ask what was happening with my return. i gave the rma number and aparently the tracking number they sent me was the one for the item i had returned. anyway, they said they sent me a new one, it is ariving on the 3rd so i will know then if i will ever order from them again.

o, and the total time it took for the item to be delt with was well over a month, and countless phone calls made to them to get them to start actually working on the return.

i guess it is kinda just taking your chances when you order from evike, for gear and accessories they seem ok, but not for actual airsoft guns.

their not nearly as bad as airsplat though.

• 4 months later...

i recently ordered a TM 1911, i payed for shipping (didnt trust "free" shipping)

it took 7 days for my TM 1911 to come and i have not gotten my x2 spare TM mags

i have emailed them but nothing so far...

kinda angry but the TM 1911 makes me happy :) (read my review)

its kinda strange but the TM 1911 they shipped to me had no Orange tip (saved me some time, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived