How to put a sliding stock on a MP5K

FireKnife

Essentially - you can't.

The body of the K has reinforcing plates moulded into the upper receiver, these would have to be removed, and the resultant holes filled. (This would no doubt weaken the body)

Then, the body is too short for standard slidig MP5 stocks, so they would need to be shortened.

I 'think' the shape or the rear of the K is different as well, so the end cap may not fit without alteration.

If you try this, good luck.

Amazing that I have definately answered this at least twice before.

As above, it's not easy to build a K with a sliding stock.

The stock requires that you fit an a-series butt-cap and to fit that you need to build a lump onto the back of the receiver that extends it by an inch, allows the a-series butt-cap to fit securely but still allows the butt-cap to be released by the standard K pins to gain access to the battery.

Then you've got to grind away the molded tabs at the rear of the receiver.

If you want a stock on an MP5K, there'd have to be a REALLY good reason not to just use an MP5PDW stock instead.

Does anyone know if the MC-51/G3 stocks suffer the same issue? When I did my MP5KSD (Which I will be posting pics of once I get a camera that doesnt make everything ORANGE! *Hops up and down on his phone*) I was a cheating gimp and modded the butt of a folding stock so that the metal backplate is essentially glued into the recess cup of the stock. First I removed the tabs on the body of the gun to allow the stock to slip over it, then I used a Dremel to enlarge the cup of the stock that slides over the rear of the body (Not sure you will have to, but I did.), after this I used something called LocTite to glue the stock and the metal backplate together and then I used a power drill to enlarge the holes in the stock so that the pins needed to affix the stock+backplate actually have to be push through enlarged stock holes and into the smaller ones on the metal backplate. This requires a LOT of Dremel work and the stock can no longer be used with normal MP5s, but it worked for me. I dont know if this will work with a sliding stock though.

In the end my stock ended up looking quite a lot like Ledpocket posted here, but the endcap on my stock had heavy Dremel work so that it slid further onto the MP5K body. Follow what Led and Stealth have posted. It is the only way I know how short of buying and aftermarket mod like the MFI MP5K buttcap adapator.

M4 type stock is easy, Just drill a hole in the K endcap and bolt the stock on. That's pretty much it.

Ryan, why do you want a K with a slither stock? Is an A5 too long for you, or something? ^_^

Could be for looks and not practical reasons. I do that A LOT as of recent. I made an MP5K-PDW four inches longer with a recent mod I did. Lost some of its' CQB factor, but looks like no one else's gun. It could have sentimental value. One never knows, eh?

I like the slither, but not on an MP5K. They look best, in my eyes, with either the PDW or the B&T folding stocks...or nothing at all. ;D

Archived