Glock 18c Gas

tayside hotshot

Ok when i fill my mags with gas ... insert into the gun ... sometimes even hold the mags for up to 10 MINS before inserting and firing when i fire the first few shots .. its ok, but then after that the gas just all comes out in a puff of gas/smoke from the muzzel etc, and the power and gas in the mag have been emptied...

Any suggestions ?

Ok when i fill my mags with gas ... insert into the gun ... sometimes even hold the mags for up to 10 MINS before inserting and firing when i fire the first few shots .. its ok, but then after that the gas just all comes out in a puff of gas/smoke from the muzzel etc, and the power and gas in the mag have been emptied...

Any suggestions ?

Have you checked the rocket valve? There could be a problem there.

How old is the gun?

What gas are you using?

I've found gassing my G18 mags a bit awkward, gotta take your time n do it slowly.. You'll know its gassing properly cos the mag becomes almost too cold to hold.

Try running warm water down the back of the mag to warm it up...

If its fairly old, strip it down and give it a good clean and relube..

Charge the mag and wait till its nice n warm (use ultra gas or similar, 134a is pants)

Then give it a go..

Also try pressing up on the mags baseplate whilst firing, sometimes a worn mag catch is the probelm...

Get back to me if you're still having probelms...

The most common issue is the mag catch, if you still have the stock plastic mag catch in there then this is almost certainly the cause. The catch wears down and the mag doesn't connect so well with the nozzle resulting in poor efficiency and gas-dumping. Most glock issues come down to the mag catch :(

The prob in your last post, the slide goes all the way to battery save for about 3mm? Can you reproduce this without gas in the gun (ie racking the slide back and letting it go forward)?

If you push the slide forward (don't force it) when this happens does it go the last 3mm? Is this happening with BBs in the mag or no BBs at all? Could be the little feed ramp is damaged and that BBs are getting caught.

Also when you hold the gun are you holding it with two hands placing pressure on the mag in anyway?

If you push the slide forward (don't force it) when this happens does it go the last 3mm?  Is this happening with BBs in the mag or no BBs at all? Could be the little feed ramp is damaged and that BBs are getting caught.

Also when you hold the gun are you holding it with two hands placing pressure on the mag in anyway?

Hi yes when i push it carefuly it does go the last 3mm or so, and it only happens when bbs are in the mag :)

---------------------------

Im not putting any pressure on the mag when holding the pistol

-----------------------------

Ill buy that metal mag catch and see if it works!!! ( good to have anyway, another metal part added to the gun)

I've been having the same problem with a KWA G26c that has been shot a lot. I took apart the slide and the gas piston does not stick but it seems like it could move a bit more freely. The magazines (I have 3) all ride about a millimeter lower than if fully seated upwards against the grip frame. I took apart the mag release and it does look worn. I've got some metallized epoxy on it & I will file it to shape when its dry. Are there any parts sources in North America? Or I think I might try the part from a real Glock.

Test shooting the gun by holding the magazine fully upwards seems to have eliminated the problem of losing all the gas; however I am only getting 17 shots per gas charge and I should be getting two or three times that many. Can a gun wear out in a way that simply increases the use of gas? It shoots as hard as I need it to.

I know that some manufacturers use many identical parts; what brand(s) can be substituted in a KWA?

I maintain my actual firearms and would like to do the same with the Airsofts, but gas Airsoft-smithing seems to be something of a black art, at least in the English speaking world.

see if this helps

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=108670&hl=

you could also try replacing the ruber seal on the top of the mag , they wear down and you lose power/gas efficiency,

ksc/kwa are the same company or at least manufactured in the same factory from the same parts , people divided on this !

Jim

Using tape to move the blowback unit down to compensate for loose slide to rail fit is a good idea. You could also use metal shim stock to get a really exact fit.

I suppose you could also glue shim stock onto the plastic rails, in order to prevent them from wearing in the first place.

My epoxy didn't hold; too soft vs the sharp metal top edge of the magazine slot.

Instead I filed the top of the mag catch down and epoxied a piece of metal shim stock, and it seems to be working well. I used superglue first, and it came off after a while but I half expected that and it allowed me to use it enough to prove that it was fitted correctly.

It is shooting hard and seems to not get as many shots per fill. Is it possible to buy just the springs for the magazine discharge valve? The complete valve is fairly expensive.

I never noticed before that there is a rubber seal at the top of the mag. What is the name of that part per the parts list?

I spent some time trying to dial in the elevation using the hop-up. It has terrible accuracy though. Used to be much better. I suppose that is rubber part in the barrel wearing? Is that part common to all the guns by that maker? Seems like I might need to order a bunch of little parts.

ksc-g19s.jpg

hope this helps

part #209 for the mag rubber and #14 for the hop rubber , try WGC or Den trinity for stock a lot of places dont carry these sort of parts.

(also part #9 can wear and allow lots of inner barrel movement.)

jim

The part in question of this problem is the glock's full auto sear and where it interfaces with the hammer.

Both of my G26Cs suffer from the same fate as yours described here.

Although I have yet to get off my lazy butt and order some, I'm fairly certain thats the issue.

What happens is that during full auto operation, the points where the sear makes contact with the hammer get worn down to the point where any vibration in the guns frame triggers it's release.

So when switching the gun to full auto, the gun blows back, but as it blowsback, the hammer gets cocked, and allows the engine to return via spring, but due to the slide comming to a stop at it's utmost rearward position, it releases the very sensitive full auto sear, thus triggering the hammer, allowing it to fly up and jam the slide, and the return of the blow back engine.

And if the blow back engine has not returned reward enough to be crushed between the piston and the hammer, the hammer will have enough travel space to reach up behind the engine, and the valve hammer will be able to actuate the mag, releasing all your gas.

The easiest, but most expensive way to fix this problem is to buy a new full auto sear, and hammer, but once I find a free weekend, I intend to find out if I can't file myself a better catch.

NRA4EVR, if you're having problems with the hop up not adjusting the flight path of the bb it could be the barrel.

Strip the gun and remove the outer and inner barrel from the slide. When I did this I found there was an awful lot of grease and what looked like dirt lining the complete length of the inner barrel. There were even smoothed out lines where the stuff had been gripping the bb as it travelled down the barrel. This was just from general use in a primarily woodland setting.

Use a cotton bud or something similar and rub the insides of the barrel until the metal is free of any marks.

Beforehand, the bbs from my Glock were travelling a short distance after leaving the muzzle and then curving violently into the ground, immediatly after cleaning the barrel the range suddenly improved ten fold! I now get a nice straight trajectory.

• 2 months later...
The part in question of this problem is the glock's full auto sear and where it interfaces with the hammer.

Both of my G26Cs suffer from the same fate as yours described here.

Although I have yet to get off my lazy butt and order some, I'm fairly certain thats the issue.

What happens is that during full auto operation, the points where the sear makes contact with the hammer get worn down to the point where any vibration in the guns frame triggers it's release.

So when switching the gun to full auto, the gun blows back, but as it blowsback, the hammer gets cocked, and allows the engine to return via spring, but due to the slide comming to a stop at it's utmost rearward position, it releases the very sensitive full auto sear, thus triggering the hammer, allowing it to fly up and jam the slide, and the return of the blow back engine.

And if the blow back engine has not returned reward enough to be crushed between the piston and the hammer, the hammer will have enough travel space to reach up behind the engine, and the valve hammer will be able to actuate the mag, releasing all your gas.

The easiest, but most expensive way to fix this problem is to buy a new full auto sear, and hammer, but once I find a free weekend, I intend to find out if I can't file myself a better catch.

yes the sound of your gas all realesing dose sound the same as me, but how can this happen to me .. ive only used the gun ... or used 8 mags worth in the gun!!

This maybe such a stupid question but ill ask it anyway.

I've bought a KWA glock 18c, and i after owning it a few weeks the time came this wkend to test it out with some gas..I popped down to wolf armouries and bought some gas.

After asking the assistant (manager) if it was a relatively easy gun to gas he told me that i just have to press the nozzle against the valve and hey presto. Its now been 2 days and i have yet to find the nozzle.

I have opened up the area under the rubber seal and tried the nozzle in there but it dont seem to fit and the gas just escapes. There just doesn't seem to be any obvious place.

I dont speak Japanese so reading the manual is useless. Is there anyone out there that can help?

This is my first gas pistol and i an eager to try it out before skirmishing with it.

thanks

matt

Well that worked, cheers i knew it had something to do with that....just needed the magic touch.

Scared the *beep* of of me when i accidently fired it in my lounge. Luckly it didnt hit the priceless vase on the mantel piece.

Cheers for the know how

Archived