The Survivalist

Sledge

With TM giving us, out of the blue, a Detonics CombatMaster GBB, now seems to be the time to see how many of us will be buying a pair of these. And where can we get the Alessi double shoulder rigs from? Are Milt Sparks Six Packs available? Is my S&W M66 2.5inch an exceptable substitute for the 3 inch Colt Lawman? And will anyone ever give us a decent Browning Hi Power for our sidekicks?

:zorro:

i think you know the answer to all those questions mate

1. probably just you

2. you'll find em eventually

3. probably not

4. for most people yeah, for you no

5. id have to go with no at this point in time

Sadly, this is all probably true. That said, Rourke didn't seem to use the Lawman in the later books, so we can probably leave it aside without affecting the integrity of the loadout.

Anyone remember which S&W semi-auto it was he fitted a silencer to?

Sadly, this is all probably true. That said, Rourke didn't seem to use the Lawman in the later books, so we can probably leave it aside without affecting the integrity of the loadout.

Anyone remember which S&W semi-auto it was he fitted a silencer to?

I do believe there is a Tanaka 3" M19 that might be a more suitable replacement for the Lawman:).

Hmmm Model 69 was it by anychance.... (and yes there was a S&W model 69 :P )

And it isn't just You I stilll seek to complete my Survialist and Defender series from Jerry Ahern :rolleyes:

I have a couple of "swaps" from the survivalist series if anyone wants to trade , of the top of my head I think i have #1 #4 and #9 spare , I need #22 -#25 i think oh and "the legend" standalone book.

I got a feeling Milt sparks 6 packs = rare as hens teeth.

I saw a six - pak on e-bay a while ago for only 120 dollars.

I didn't have 120 dollars.

Lou Alessi is still alive, he has an e-mail address and if you write to him he will do a double detonics shoulder rig. He just doesn't advertise any more.

What I always wanted to know is this: Was his CAR-15 what Marui call a CAR-15 i.e. an XM607 or is it the later CAR-15 which is what lazy Americans call any shortened M16 with a slither stock?

I just love the Detonics, A friend had a pair of them before the handgun ban in the UK. What do you think the chances are that Prime will do a steel kit?

• 2 months later...

vival.jpg

Sweet,

I've never seen a six pack appear for sale, but am sure they could make one if you inquired, the company still exists, $200 odd or more for a dual rig, I don't think I could justify it when I have a comfy nylon set up I like :)

I will replace my NBB brace of combat masters with Marui ones when they appear, but the NBB are very nice, and so so comfy, glad I bought them now (arrived this morning, pachmayr grips are in the air ;) )

edit ; Sledge, the SW66 is a fine substitute, I must tell myself that or I will spend more money I really don't need too :)

edit ; Sledge, the SW66 is a fine substitute, I must tell myself that or I will spend more money  I really don't need too :)

The SW66 is, IMO, better looking than the Colt Lawman Rourke used. Are the 1911s the 8mm Marushin model?

Having had a better look at the laws regarding restricted items, I can't help but laugh btw

vival.jpg

Sweet,

I've never seen a six pack appear for sale, but  am sure they could make one if you inquired, the company still exists, $200 odd or more for a dual rig, I don't think I could justify it when I have a comfy nylon set up I like :)

I will replace my NBB brace of combat masters with Marui ones when they appear, but the NBB are very nice, and so so comfy, glad I  bought them now (arrived this morning, pachmayr grips are in the air ;) )

edit ; Sledge, the SW66 is a fine substitute, I must tell myself that or I will spend more money  I really don't need too :)

I must kill you and take your load out, that t-shirt and any survival series books you have that aren't part of my collection :P

DarkMM :flamed:

Ok maybe not kill rather so much as beg alot.... :)

T-shirt was easy, custom made (comboutique.com) arrived in about 5 days, £31 for 2, just use photoplop and copy the logo from a US release book and add your own text beneath ("In a world full of morons can one man survive ?" was my choice :P )

Books, I have 29 of them :D

survive.jpg

T-shirt was easy, custom made (comboutique.com) arrived in about 5 days, £31 for 2, just use photoplop and copy the logo from a US release book and add your own text beneath ("In a world full of morons can one man survive ?" was my choice :P )

Books, I have 29 of them :D

Damn you I only have 16 :D. Mind you the t-shirt idea appeals to me :).

But do you have the defender series ;)

Proud owner of 500+ 80-90s pulp series fiction :)

#edit# I taked out the picta :)

I've considered getting copies of track and the defender, but I'm unsure if it is more of the same, like the survivalist but the character names changed ? so I've never bothered, I just went buying daft this month because I broke my tv and needed something to do while waiting for the new one to arrive so started re-reading the survivalist again, then had to get me a brace of detonics, I did thin they looked terrible in pictures but my mate bought a pfc one and showed me it and they are just so comfy :)

My cats are called Rourke and Reuben ;) (am best pet names)

Defender is different - same style of writing but very different.

Odd loadout for the defender -

Desert Eagle

M92F

M92 Centurian

M16a1 or G3

Custom Survival knife :)

Ahern isn't actually the best writer of the style and period, he just had the best agent and got sold world wide.

But I'm still getting the twin detonics, have an m66 already :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on amazon tonight, my reccomendations included #22, I was a tad shocked at the book being touted at £396 (not a typo) I got mine for £13 2 years ago (Second full colection or me, sold first lot years ago)

If amazon is accurate books range from a penny to 400 quid, eek!

Archived