tm1911a1

neil555688

well mine does the same and i asked around and people said that it is almost impossible

:(

but if u do work it out please tell me how... :)

You might get a bit more efficiency from fitting a Nine Ball Air Seal and the Dyna Piston. This will just increase the blowback speed a little and not waste as much gas, but I don't think it will save you 5 or 6 shots. Try polishing and maybe fitting a FireFly recoil guide with bearings, but really the gun doesn't have much gas in it to begin with.

buy more magazines?

--

Although, in all seriousness, WA have managed make single stack mags gas efficient.. don't know why TM can't do the same..

I think WA cures it by using the good floating valve system they have. I don't think the TM system is the most efficient around. But I still get one mag from a WA single stack, plus a shot or two. Not that much better than the TM.

Disassemble the mag and pad the BB loading spring with a 36mm long shim, reassemble. There, a 18 round mag that won't leave BBs unused.

I honestly don't know why TM thought it was a good idea to have a single stack mag with a 28 round capacity. I mean, WA can do it, but that's a credit to WA's gas system. TM1911's gas system came from the Hi-Capa line, where gas efficiency wasn't exactly an issue.

That, and I hate double row BB reservoir channel. The BBs never stack right.

there is a thread somewhere on ASR about it.Basically you do the following:

1. Thoroughly clean your gun thru barrel and slide.

2. DO NOT LUBE IT YET

3. With fine san paper not anything below 100, lightly sand the METAL part where the slide comes in contact with the lower frame.

4. Some parts should be silver so you are trying to get it smooth, not bumpy like how it probably was.

5. Lube up appropriate amount.

6. Gas up, throw a fresh mag in and hear the crack of a fresh 1911 and plastic bbs!

*if you do this wrong I am not held liable*

Not really a fair comparison, though, as the 28rd mag's got a much bigger reservoir than the TM's mag (which is only as long as the WA 23rd round mags).

Obvious answer to the OP - Use 134a ;)

Cheers.

i use cheap propane gas and on a hot day i can get 1 and a half mas from hem in my tm 1911a1 but i only load them to the notch that first widens on the mag as long as the slide and piston is well lubed you can go through full mags no probs remember use good quality silicon lube

Archived