Autococker Airsoft Gun

mcnuggets

Hopefully those irrelevant posts could be split and soft-deleted...

Anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and try the project. Guys, he knows very well that it's going to take some work, and he's obviously not going to be able to or try to skirmish with a 16J gun.

Seems like a fun project to do.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh.... Its a silly idea to be honest, i can see why you may want to do this, but it really has no benefit.

im ex tournament paintballer too, played it for 3 years and I still have my marker in perfect tip-top condition (wouldn't allow it to be in any other state) My marker is a.....Evolution X Racegrip autococker, so basically the uber top end of the marker your talkgin about in this thread. Mate, its just not made for airsoft, your going from .68 cal to 6mm, the power will be miles off, people will laugh at you at the airsoft site etc. I know why you may want to do this, I still get peeved with the fact airsoft equipment always feels like badly designed toys in comparrison to the top end paintball markers, but its a different game altogether, with different limiting factors in the design specifications. Its like trying to convert a volvo to fly, it be cheaper just to buy a light aircraft.

Yes, i do wish they made GBB airsoft rifles with the same mechanism as a paintball marker, that be great, but it would still have to be re-designed from the start, and its a lot more difficult when you have to fit all those bits inside of an imitation firearm with no-where to store the air system.

once again, just leave it, its not going to happen.

I think you guys are missing the point of the projects section. Maybe he is proposing this not because it would be good for airsofting, but because it is something that requires hard work and engineering expertise to get perfectly right.

I'm actually planning on doing something like what he was doing just because i am bored. Even if he cant use it, at least he will have built something of his own which I bet is more than most of you can say.

Do you guys think the people that invented napalm now think " man i shouldve stayed with handguns", no, they think "We invented something that was used in a war, we did something to help our countries, we are patriots."

I understand constructive criticism but you guys are just plain mean.

Yes, you folks are mean.

If someone said that incandecent light bulbs were "good enough," or if someone said that the 8080 was "good enough," no one would have invented LEDs, flourecent lights and we'd all still be playing pong and the rudimentary space invaders if no one took the risk in advancing technology in a different direction.

By pulling this off (and somehow putting it in the body of an M4 or AK), mcnuggets could very well have invented the next big thing in airsoft.

I'm sure that they are more likely to have nightmares about all the Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese civilians and American servicemen who died in agonizing pain because of their invention, rather than thinking that they're patriots.

That was pretty depressing but in fact Louis Fieser lead a very productive and happy life despite your belief that he had horrible nightmares.

Anyways thats besides the point, I only used it as an example of the reason behind making something and the reason you probably shouldn't be so unhelpful. I understand that maybe you feel its a bastardization of your beloved airsoft but thats no reason to be so angry and insulting.

If we can get back to the original topic though. I agree that you shouldn't mess up what seems to be a perfectly good marker if you don't have to. maybe you should try to get a simpler one beacause its more easy to do work on something with a totally contained gass mechanism and just deal with what comes in front of the bolt and not worry about anything else, and anyways you should probably use an open bolt style marker as it would be more easy to deal with the loading and stuff i've seen one of these mods and the open bolt really helped because you could see the inner barrel or whatever you plan to do inside it.

Yes, you folks are mean.

If someone said that incandecent light bulbs were "good enough," or if someone said that the 8080 was "good enough," no one would have invented LEDs, flourecent lights and we'd all still be playing pong and the rudimentary space invaders if no one took the risk in advancing technology in a different direction.

By pulling this off (and somehow putting it in the body of an M4 or AK), mcnuggets could very well have invented the next big thing in airsoft.

Okay, so let's all take a nice big step backwards and go back to a pooped-up system of what airsofters used 15 years ago. Hey everybody, how about we all go ride those bicycles with the giant wheels in front, or maybe we can all ride around in steam-powered cars and use donkeys instead of tractors?

All this would do is make a system we already have worse and stupid looking. Lock up this thread before it gets really nasty.

me and my friend used a paintball gun a few times as an airsoft gun, it was interesting to say the least, wasnt to powerful though, we used it more as a single shot super shotgun :D it was fun, honestly its not a bad idea and if i had more free time on my hands and a spare paintball gun [alas i do not] then i might try and make the shotgun so its not single shot. but its seriously not a bad idea, and im an airsofter and a paintballer, i just dont play tournament paintball, i play woodsball

The guy would be better off stealing the internals out the paintball gun and working them into a new system rather than trying to hack a (fugly) paintball gun (they're all fugly though) into something for airsoft.

Dropping the output power down isn't such a big thing as regulators aren't too hard to come by or just narrowing the airflow till you get it right on the chronograph.

You'd have to mod the bits to be full auto as well which'll be a pain as it's designed to be semi-auto only.

So yes, in truth it'd be easier to start from scratch or tea leaf some other system/design. I seem to recall that the last time someone mentioned modding a paintball gun into an airsoft gun it was to great somekind of a shotgun.

edit: lol and just as I say that someone beats me to it mentioning the shotgun :P:D ohh freaky *twilight zone music* :D

You guys don't get the point.

mcnuggets knows very well that this project (1) will require time and effort, (2) could be somewhat expensive (I doubt it though), (3) probably won't perform well as a standard gun. He knows what he's doing. As somebody said, this is the projects sections.

So unless you have no help to offer or any good words, or unless you have a thought that he actually might not have considered, then your post isn't worthwhile. No offense.

EDIT: Couldn't use (A) because ( B ) became (B) and ( C ) became ©.:P

You'd have to mod the bits to be full auto as well which'll be a pain as it's designed to be semi-auto only.

Actually although that gun isnt full auto there are alot of full auto paintball markers so it wouldnt be to hard to just get a cheap one of those. The gun pictured might just not be the best one for the job.

this is actually a pretty viable idea if you can figure out a system.

I dont really know how hard it is to juryrig a pressured release from a co2 canister so building from scratch might be tough.

the shotgun effect would be nice because it would be pretty much the same as filling a paintball grenadde with bbs, and that actually works quite well and with the barrel it will probably be even better so that there is less spread and more bb on the target.

that could work... in fact it worked about 15 years ago when everyone used externally gas powered CLASSIC AIRSOFT GUNS!!!! its been done, except with guns that look like guns and are designed for the purpose of airsofting and most importantly THEY WORK!

threads suggesting air rifle to airsoft conversions have been locked despite talking about power reduction and the people who made those threads have been called morons, this thread hasnt been locked despite suggesting something just as pointless, potentially dangerous but looks worse than an air rifle and will be even less skirmishable.

@jimma: why not just buy AIRSOFT reuseable gas grenades or pyros?

@tecro: you say all of that, which leaves no reason whatsoever to do the conversion, all you'd be left with is an ugly, gravity fed, externaly powered, inaccurate waste of time, money and effort which has no benefits whatsoever. if he wants the satisfaction of building a gun, why not build it around an airsoft gun???? build a minigun, its a challenge but you'll have the satisfaction of it WORKING (working well at least). put an AIRSOFT GBB mechanism inside an AK or something, its possible to build custom airsoft guns using airsoft internals that were designed for that purpose.

this has no point... hes designing something weve gone past tecnologically.... which was probably adapted from paintball.

paintball and airsoft have totally different ideologys. they cant be combined, because the kill obsessed style of play winds airsofters up, its simulation, not obliteration.

@jimma: why not just buy AIRSOFT reuseable gas grenades or pyros?

1. you touch yourself at night

2. It is a reusable gas grenade you idiot and it is better and easier to use than a regular grenade because you can reload during a battle.

3 I airsoft in a place with brush and i don't want to light the surrounding hills on fire.

this has no point... hes designing something weve gone past tecnologically.... which was probably adapted from paintball.

paintball and airsoft have totally different ideologys. they cant be combined, because the kill obsessed style of play winds airsofters up, its simulation, not obliteration.

Actually for retards like all of you we will have a little lesson.

Paintball and Airsoft were started around the same time, in the 80's, on opposite sides of the planet, for opposite reasons. (well, the were both caused by boredom, but that's besides the point).

Paintball, the game, was created by Americans in an effort to simulate a hunt and the adrenaline rush that comes with stalking and being stalked.

Airsoft, on the other hand, was created for gun enthusiasts in Japan since real firearms are illegal there.

Both paintball guns and airsoft guns are now used to simulate battles, to differing degrees of realism, but paintball started as a tree and cattle marking system while airsoft has always been for simulation of real guns.

--This lesson however, should not be used as an argument against converting a paintball gun to fire airsoft bbs since the conversion is done out of boredom, not because the guy wants to shoot someone in the face with a high powered air rifle of doom.--

--(I remind you that boredom created both these games, shouldn't boredom bring them together as well?)--

It's not nice to call people retards, you retard :P

People are giving the best advice they can here (which is to forget that if he want's a gun he can skirmish with). He actually said most out in the first post already, so he should just start building the gun.

Using one of those Maruzen shotgun shells could work, if it could be made to sit tightly in the barrel. Just fill that with bb's, put it in and feuer frei.

Archived