KJ Works M9

Onechance

Hello

I'm considering buying a KJ M9 the new one with the adjustable hop up, i have a few questions i would like answered.

1.Perfomance wise, any good?

2.Quality of the build?

3. Do KJ M9 fit those fancy SERPA or other types hostlers of similar design

I already have a HFC m190 and there is only so much of those trademarks and rail i can take.

Thanks

Well, range is good on the new KJ with adjustable hop. It's just a standard hop as found on TM hicapa, glock, sig...

I would prefer a KJ over a HFC anyday.

No rail, no funky slide, adusjtable hop. Both are the same quality wise, made with the same pot metal.

And darklite, you seem to be in love with m190. Can you develop why the KJ is *suitcasey* ?

I remember when i was looking to buy one second hand, i asked the seller about the hop and he said it was a WA stlyle which is adjusted with an allen key, as Sledge said. I then researched it further and a couple of people said it was a poor hop design with poor range and accuracy.

Mathub, if i remember your sale add for your KJW M9 correctly, it was a BoomArms custom was it not? BA may have put in a new TM style hop as part of the 'custom', which may be a reason for yours having had good range? (all conjecture mind).

Well, I've had a new kj m9.

The adjustement in made by an allen key you're right, but the system is the same as a marui adjustable hop.

Example for you, hop adjustement is different between a TM DE and a TM Hicapa. But the system is the same.

Mathub, if i remember your sale add for your KJW M9 correctly, it was a BoomArms custom was it not? BA may have put in a new TM style hop as part of the 'custom', which may be a reason for yours having had good range? (all conjecture mind).

You think boomarms will make a new hop design ??

No, they called it boomarms custom because they put some uprated springs in it. Other than that, it's a bog standard KJ gun.

Have you guys ever seen the new KJ paraordnance with adjustable hop ?

It's just "nearly" a TM hicapa hop unit.

I have a KJW m9, and it's great. The range is good at up to about 100ft with the hop adjusted right. Its mostly metal in construction (minus the sides of the grip) so it's got a decent weight behind it. As far as power goes, I love it, but I'm running Propane in mine. I've had it for almost a year now, and the only problem I've had is a leaky mag, which was easily fixed. The hop can be a little tricky to adjust, but it's really not that bad.

I can try to get pics of the insides if anybody really wants them.

Spoon Man

It's just a standard hop as found on TM hicapa, glock, sig...

but the system is the same as a marui adjustable hop.

The TM M9 has a fixed hop though mate.

Anyway, I've a brocken m190 at home, the "metal" piece that hold the piston head is brocken around the safety. :Zzz:

Sledge I have to disagree with you, HFC internals won't fit directly in a zeke kit meant for a TM M9. I've heard the HFC is oversized.

Face breaking slides eh... I'd better watch out.. :P

I've put a few hundred rounds through my new KJ M9, and I'm liking it. Do I think it's better than the HFC? Well for one, I do think the externals are a bit better. It has a heavy slide and frame that seem to be well made. Paint doesn't chip as easy. Performance... I'd say is "on par" with the HFC, adjustable hop is a plus. Overall I think it's a pretty decent M9 that shouldn't be overlooked.

My mate bought a KJ m9 a few weeks back. He said he couldn't get the hop to turn up, this is because the manual tells you to turn the key the wrong way. He only realized that my prediction of the manual being wrong was correct was when I went "ok I bet it will work now it is turned the other way". Lo and behold that worked. However it is such a silly design having to carry the smallest ever allen key around just to adjust the hop.

Even after the hop had been set for range, the accuracy was god awful. The finish I thought was also very poor.

Now he tells me the hop has gone off again, however this could be due to wearing in. I'm thinking it is more due to KJ being a bit cack.

Archived