Enfield SA80 L85 A1 Petition

Ad_Enuff

I can confirm what people have been told by AA.

One of the guys who works in the Chalfont store lives in the room below me in the barrack block, and while speaking to him on Friday he said that they have been sending bits and pieces to CA to assit in the project for a while now.

So fingers crossed we're going to get a decent AEG L85 sometime in the future.

that's possibly the best news I have heard for a long time! If it's true :unsure:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem is that the L85 is not as vastly popular or known as the armalites or AKs are around the world. Personally I think M4s are the most beautiful guns in the world :P But I will sign the petition just because the armalites are so popular that everyone has one and I wouldnt mind seeing one or two people with an L85 now and then :D

I think the problem is that the L85 is not as vastly popular or known as the armalites or AKs are around the world.

I disagree with that, OK the M16 and the AK47 are probably the most recognised weapon of modern times simply due to conflicts around the world ie Afghanistan, Irag, Chechnya, Iraq, Vietnam etc.

Remember the SLR has long been replaced....I cant remember when the last time I saw one in active service. The SA80 has been around since after the Falklands War since 1984 and has been seen as part of NATO intervention in Europe and World Conflicts ever since where ever British Troops have been required.

I would say the top three recognised rifles in the world are currently being used in Iraq right now: M16/M4 variants, AK47 and of course the SA80.

It was actually 1985 that the L85A1 was introduced it was the same year that the kevlar helmets were introduced. It looks like we will be seeing the L85 for a lot longer now since F.I.S.T. are now sticking there oar in and developing body armour and helmet-mounted displays, and night-vision for each soldier they are also designing some grenade launchers for the L85 and new sights that can let you shoot around corners and they hope all this will be introduced by the year 2009 (yeah right)

cheers

Some ppl left some nasty remarks on the petition.

As long as they sign it, it doesnt matter! Its a signature afterall! Any manufacturer isnt going to read the comments just the number of people signing and therefore wanting it!

People that have made bad comments not realing that point are just st00pid! :blink:

Signed.

Have anyone else ordered the SA80 from Airsoft Club? I ordered one before new year, and today canceled my order as I got tired of waiting. Just would like to know if anyone has actually recieved their gun from AC?

Has anyone else ordered the SA80 from Airsoft Club? I ordered one before new year, and today canceled my order as I got tired of waiting. Just would like to know if anyone has actually recieved their gun from AC?

Is that because they are snowed under with orders ? Or exactly why is it taking them ages to make just one gun?

Are they sending them away to be made or are they actually made on site?

Is that because they are snowed under with orders ? Or exactly why is it taking them ages to make just one gun?

It's probably because, as I've been saying for ages, the gun doesn't actually exist.

I'd bet that they've never even made one. They probably figured it would be possible and then found that it was harder than they thought.

Kinda like if I started saying I could sell an F2000, assuming that I could make one out of a P90 stock and FA-MAS receiver. Obviously, there's a lot more too it than that.

Who knows, if they do bring an SA80 AEG out, they might bring conversion kits to turn it into the L86 SAW or the shorter carbine model. Would be a helluva lot cheaper than buying an 800 quid custom.

For the last thing you said, at DENTrinity they have a Modified Academy L85A1 R.I.S. Rifle. Its in the $650 to $700 range I think. To much for a $116 Rifle at WGCShop. A good price for it would be $250, those things would fly out of the store.

The L7A1 isn't an assault rifle mate, it's a General Purpose Machine Gun it's a variant of the FN MAG it's known to you Americans as the M240

cheers

Oh yeah. I always mix up that weapon and the Assault Rifle that the Brits used before the SA80A1. They should make the L7A1,M240B [u.S. Army Version] and the M240G [u.S. Marine Corps Version].

Archived