ABU Picture Request

tommyknocker2121

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TDY=Temporary DutY. TDYs are awesome, as they are generally voluntary (in the Guard, anyways), so you can do stuff you WANT to do. We had a couple guys go down to New Zealand, others to Spain, all kinds of cool places. You can pretty much guarantee that you'll get deployed to the box eventually, though.

that belgian puzzle-piece camo works pretty well in their AO, or so the pictures i've seen lead me to believe. can't be any worse than Alpenflage.

but, of course, personal camo is an almost moot point on the modern battlefield - ACU does a fine job of breaking up outlines and whatnot. maybe there will be a KLMK style disposable woodland oversuit someday, who knows. ressurect the desert night parka idea maybe?

no need for camo if your not sitting still. Only need camo on greenside ops ect. In urban combat or in the desert when your working with vehicles........you roll up to an area and get out and want to be camoflauged? they already know your there. But i do agree the army and airforce need to move to uniforms and gear similar to the usmc, or make uniforms for sf personal, scouts, snipers ect that do help them blend.

Being Aircrew beats out being SF anyday :P

Not only do you go to really sweet places for TDY, but you stay in Hotels and not tents :D And you beat the officers at drinking games, too.

I've considered being OSI, but I think I'll give it a few years first.

Saw ABU here in IRAQ today, tried to snap a pic but my camera is being a ######. If I can manage to see some tomorrow I am gonna try and get a pic. It honestly doesnot look all that bad in person..actually better then ACU in my opinion.

Please do so, there are NO pictures of ABU in the field anywhere. I will give you a fat +1 for your troubles lol.

My Camera Chip is all jacked up. I am not able to access it. So I am not able to get the pics :( They aren't really in "The Field" Just guys on a base...garrison pics. They were not wearingthe Foliage boots..but desert boots. Both Boonies and Patrol Caps were seen. There are no Pockets on the sleeves but they have that little extra pocket on theleg like the ACU's.

The SF squadron on Tinker is starting to use ABUs now. Since SF deploy the most, I'm sure you'll see a lot more ABUs in the desert by the end of the year. My 1st shirt is already wearing it, and some airmen are wearing the baby poo green boots with their BDUs and flightsuits.

My Camera Chip is all jacked up. I am not able to access it. So I am not able to get the pics :( They aren't really in "The Field" Just guys on a base...garrison pics. They were not wearingthe Foliage boots..but desert boots. Both Boonies and Patrol Caps were seen. There are no Pockets on the sleeves but they have that little extra pocket on theleg like the ACU's.

Mind snapping pictures for the rest of us?

Not my pictures. I found them on AF Forums. Just thought you'd all like to see what the pictures look like when they aren't part of an official press release.

Besides, don't you think I'd have been a bit more judicious with my PerSec?

If my application comes through though, it may be 2nd Lt. Tommyknocker this time next year :D

lol, I did wonder about that :P Doesn't help the good Sgt that you posted his ABUs on an international forum!

Good luck! Are you going Academy or OTS?

Thanks Kraut. I'm going to COT. I applied to the Medical Services Corp. If I get into it, I go straight to COT which is 6 weeks at Maxwell as opposed to 12 for OTS. After that it's an 11 week course in MSC practice. *Fingers crossed*

Good point about SSgt. O'Connor, pictures down.

EDIT: Uh, where'd the edit button go? Mods will you please take down the picture of the blouse?

Archived