KWA Releasing Lithium Polymer Ready AEG

orca

Hatman: What happened to site rules? Do you really need a law to control what's on the playing fields? All the CQB places where I have played in Finland had a 1J limit, even though the gun could be 100J and still legal, just not allowed on the field.

Xaccers: Common sense... What? I understand if an armed robbery is considered armed robbery regardless if the gun was an airsoft or other replica, but you can't really compare the potential of an airsoft gun to an assault rifle with over a thousand times the muzzle energy.

As to keep this even remotely on topic: I do agree that releasing an AEG this hot out of the box certainly restricts the market. Not only because the legality issues, but player preferences as well.

-Sale

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of you don't even realized this gun is only marketed for US only.

We have much relaxed law on the muzzle velocity here and quite frankly I like it this way because I rather have the frield owner determine the speed than a Nanny State Government determine what's safe or what not.

Hatman: What happened to site rules? Do you really need a law to control what's on the playing fields?

Whoah, I think I must have worded it wrong. The actual law is incredibly stupid and was only made because some bigwig drew a line. I was just light-heartedly saying that I am - in a way - glad that something that painful is illegal. :P

And my posts in this topic were not supposed to be seen as 'stop talking about this because it is for Americans and this is a UK forum,' just in case anybody was wondering.

Hatman: Like I said up front, I know your comment was tongue in cheek. I just responded to it in case someone else was reading it and thought you had a serious point there.

Allizard: Aside from the legal issues in certain countries, I did also mention player preference, which covers the US as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've understood 400 fps is quite a common limit for general use automatics.

-Sale

Most places in North Carolina, USA, have a limit 400fps measured with .25g BBs. Except one place that is 350fps with .25s and one place with 400 using .20s.

To my eyes, there appears to be a trend in the USA with moving towards using .25s as the standard.

Why would anyone chrono with .25 bb's? Thats just confusing.

All events down here in florida chrono with .20's and at 350 fps or less. These kwa aeg's would obviously not be usable in their stock form. I would hate to see what one of these guns would be spitting out ROF wise with a .9 joule spring lol.

Hatman: Like I said up front, I know your comment was tongue in cheek. I just responded to it in case someone else was reading it and thought you had a serious point there.

Allizard: Aside from the legal issues in certain countries, I did also mention player preference, which covers the US as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've understood 400 fps is quite a common limit for general use automatics.

-Sale

Sale, most sanction games, ops and legal field don't have an universal standard here in US. Yes most places will limit 350 - 400. But shooting 425 on .20g outdoor with AEG isn't un-common either. Back to KWA M4, the one I was testing is a pre-production model so nothing is set in stone. I would have guess they put a stronger spring just to do stress test the gun. I still don't know what's the spec on the final release yet.

Why would anyone chrono with .25 bb's?  Thats just confusing.

All events down here in florida chrono with .20's and at 350 fps or less.  These kwa aeg's would obviously not be usable in their stock form.  I would hate to see what one of these guns would be spitting out ROF wise with a .9 joule spring lol.

How about Lion Claws for example? http://oplionclaws.com/field-rules.php

Confusing? Yes I don't disagree that having varying standards can make things less clear.

But using .25s instead of .20s lessens the impact of energy creep, particularly for folks using gas guns.

• 3 months later...

I play at a site in South Florida and I use this gun (obviously the way-to-hot-for-anything-especially-cqb U.S. version) and they chrono anybody who they think might be running hot. The limit is 375 FPS with .20's (I dont know why they use such an unusual number, but w/e) for an AEG, so I have to put .25s in an old .20 bag and tell them its a KWA I downgraded just to pass the chrono. I'm too lazy/broke/hesitant to have it really downgraded, so cheating it is!

Now you can all call me a horrible person, but know this: I've never shot somebody who could tell the difference between this borderline-illegal gun and my 320 FPS Classic Army, and to date I have never had anybody accuse me of playing hot after the initial test, so if nobody gets hurt, whats the big deal, right?

No harm no foul! ;)

I play at a site in South Florida and I use this gun (obviously the way-to-hot-for-anything-especially-cqb U.S. version) and they chrono anybody who they think might be running hot. The limit is 375 FPS with .20's (I dont know why they use such an unusual number, but w/e) for an AEG, so I have to put .25s in an old .20 bag and tell them its a KWA I downgraded just to pass the chrono. I'm too lazy/broke/hesitant to have it really downgraded, so cheating it is!

Now you can all call me a horrible person, but know this: I've never shot somebody who could tell the difference between this borderline-illegal gun and my 320 FPS Classic Army, and to date I have never had anybody accuse me of playing hot after the initial test, so if nobody gets hurt, whats the big deal, right?

No harm no foul! ;)

This is so not cool, I don't even know where to begin. Let me know if you ever come out to Cali, and where you'll be playing so I can avoid you and any associated with you. Cheating on any level is what gives this sport a bad name. First it'll be the chrono, next it'll be hits. :angry:

Archived