DSR1 - candyman style

Candyman

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, this is a spot the difference this is the gun..

dsr224.JPG

dsr224.JPG

and this is the gun 24 hours, and about 7 hours work later.

dsr225.JPG

dsr225.JPG

lol, na me either, fact is now the trigger will fire the gun as I intended it would, where as before it felt like the safety was on........ oh yeh and the safety works now! I drilled into the back of the safety catch and put in a tiny spring and then a ball. I then dimpled the body so it clicks from safe to fire. I thought I had pics of this but I think I lost them :(

Nearly forgot, these wonderfully turned steel rods done for me by SAS / Sidewinder will be the legs of the bipod. I threaded the end and put a washer on the end then stuck a bit of rubber on the washer and fashioned it into a foot. This done by spining it in a drill and holding a file to the rubber, a poor mans lathe if you will. Does look like a giant snooker que on the baize!

dsr226.JPG

dsr226.JPG

snipers are certainly classier weapons. as he doesnt skirmish surely thats what counts.

how about a russian SV-99 .22lr sniper? http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn57-e.htm

get rid of that supressor and stick a longer barrel on and it would look cool. plus it has an interesting bolt design.

snipers are certainly classier weapons. as he doesnt skirmish surely thats what counts.

how about a russian SV-99 .22lr sniper? http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn57-e.htm

get rid of that supressor and stick a longer barrel on and it would look cool. plus it has an interesting bolt design.

I always wanted to see this done in airsoft form...

Toggle bolt goodness...

What about competition pistols? Walther OSPs and GSPs are excellent, 'classy' ((in my opinion)) weapons that mainstream manufacturers are, for obvious reasons, not going to be producing. Of course, that's a personal taste, but there are classy weapons out there which aren't sniper's rifles.

What about competition pistols? Walther OSPs and GSPs are excellent, 'classy' ((in my opinion)) weapons that mainstream manufacturers are, for obvious reasons, not going to be producing. Of course, that's a personal taste, but there are classy weapons out there which aren't sniper's rifles.

Target pistols would be interseting and a breeze for Candyman.

:thumbs-up:

I admire your patience Candyman, 6-7 hours on a single piece must be tedious.

not if its a new piece, but when its exactly the same as what I have already made its so boring I cant describe it!

Are those steel bars hollow?

Nope, they are 10mm thick solid stainless steel, you see the whole front end of the gun hangs off those rods, the big tube/rail/barrel has no strength in it. This was one of the big challenges logistically. The bars are sunk into the body of the gun, the end "cap"clamps the big tube on and the rail scews to that. The bipod then hangs on the rail and supports the whole weight of the front end.

Hammerli pistols are quite nice as well. Especially their S205 300m rifle.

I admire your patience Candyman, 6-7 hours on a single piece must be tedious.

Hammereli make really great air rifles too. I was dead split between a Hammereli and an RWS, and bought the RWS Diana purely for cost. It's like the difference between a Porsche and a Ferrari, the Hamm being the later. They're both nice, but one is slightly more uber than the other. Hamm's have all nice wood and such, and the ergonomics are well thought out. My RWS is... well, it feels like an old German G43. Ergonomics arn't bad, but arn't great. Anyway, you get my point, Hammereli's are teh Uber.

Damn, you know you're almost done with this one Candyman. Are you going to build another gun after this one?

A page about the actual gun used in the film here:

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/?p=480

I may make another gun, not straight away, maybe not as the next project. Im not sure what im doing yet.

Ok people we are close :)

I found a couple of pics I forgot to post, so if it looks like Ive done a huge about of work in 1 day I havn't!

First up SAS / Sidewinder was nice enough to make me a flashhider on his lathe, cheers buddy you did a perfect job with that.

dsr229a.JPG

dsr229a.JPG

All I had to do was very carefully mill the 4 slots in it and smooth it all off

dsr229.JPG

dsr229.JPG

aaaaaand it fits on the barrel, fwew. a little grub screw on the underside will secure it.

dsr230.JPG

dsr230.JPG

Didnt spend to long on the scope mount, I cut up some high mounts and made this, I could have made it a bit more fancy, but it does the job and is descrete.

dsr231.JPG

dsr231.JPG

....also this is the scope im using, a fairly cheap thing enyet good quality, 4.5 - 14 x 50mm with a sunshade.

dsr232.JPG

dsr232.JPG

I had to make a little L bracket for the back of the gun, I wasnt happy with no support right at the back. Im sticking a piece of rubber on the inside of it as the bolt will hit it when you cycle the action, I prefer this rather than it stopping in mid air. Being gas the bolt only has to move about an inch anyway, as it is it will move about 7/8 inches a nice short action.

dsr233.JPG

dsr233.JPG

The parts in the photo that look like a very light grey I interpreted as polished, i think this with the matt black will work.

dsr232.JPG

dsr232.JPG

I am now painting!

It's been said before and I will say it again, you truly are a master craftsman with your work Candyman, I wish I had half the skill which you exibit :(

Having watched this from the begining it's nice to see it so close to completion, I hadn't kept up with reading this recently so have just read through 8 pages of grintastic material :D

I can't wait to see what you decide to make as your next project ;)

41XAVPTG4YL._SS500_.jpg

hammerli-280.gif

I think that would make a nice project, something different.

Liking that scope, 4.5-14x50 is a good spec, how much did you pay? My Hawke Sidewinder 6-18x55 cost me about £180 or more, and its still not really a high enough mag for target shooting really **Im a cheapskate**....

EDIT: Missed that page you found on the pistol Candyman, its an interesting read.

Also, it seems the M82 is spawned from, and spawned, several derivitives; all of which look 99% identical to the average gun enthusiast, like me. Lets but it another way: I like *fruitcage* off great big guns....

Archived