Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Father I have sinned.

I checked the time again and yes it says "時間 : 10:00pm - 04:00am" right there in my email. I am *fruitcage* stupid. Sorry. So I got KWP with a total of 8 guys with me in front of water plant standing there in the sun. I am sorry. It won't happen again I promise.

Thank you for forgiving me and we had a good game on another field. KWP, please tell your friend I am sorry I feel really bad.

It was good to meet you also, and that last shot I really held up my thumb cuz you got me good lol. Would love to play with you again but I think I should stop being the contact person for a while. I forked everyone over today.

Ninja if you're reading this don't laff damn it!! :)

Just wondering...

If the site scouting and the organising have commenced??

I know Bron has all the contacts, Jim and others will go skirmishing eventually.

But can someone give us Chinglanders a quick summary, of your happenings? :)

Well we have a guy called "ah ho" who knows all the site and basically last time we half firmed that we're going to a site call "tin foo jai". It's a good policed one with enough space for 50. While the site can still maintain a schedule cuz we don't have enough people to take the whole site.

Besides contacts I will also do the plastic badges so people can be ID by name.

We are having a typhoon right now and basically it's gonna rain just like UK for a week more. Once we get some nice weather I think ima go play a game or two with jimmy at tin foo jai and see what's up. If it's good, we then get the registration and badges together. It has to be super organized cuz the badges need to print at a pro shop.

Jim's prolly busy getting people to teamspeak at the moment hehe.

roger that...

I heard about your ID-biz... Magnetic swipes.

You guys are doing good. The HK chapter will soon come together and bring Arnie's to the east, Imperial Airsoft Empire. LOL

*The more things change the more stays the same eh?* ;)

I had a quick word with Jim a week or two before about stuff: Do you guys have an update on accomodation, food or travel?

I stress: I'm not an active organiser or helper of AG-HK at this time. I'm in England doing bugger all, but I just want to see how you guys are doing, that's all.

Don't suppose you guys can help Hissing Sid could ya?

Click on this thread, if you haven't seen it already.

Sid's (mate's) UNCo order forgotten?

If anyone is heading to UNCo anytime soon, I would be grateful if you ask about the international orders and the new internatinoal storerooms.

This may give us a clue as to what may have gone wrong. After all, the guy's been waiting for his gun since March! which he has already paid for! :mellow:

ANY sort of help is appreciated. If you don't mind me, I'll PM some of you too.

Oddly enough, I just had the same idea.

If anybody in HK is near UNCo and fancies going in to have a POLITE word with them about the state of their back orders, please PM me and I'll give you the guys name, address and what he's actually missing so you can go in with all the info you need.

[edit]

If you like, I can hook you up with his MSN addy so you can chat to him to see what's going on.

Sid,

Send me all the details and I will try. Though I must tell you their retail operate differently from the warehouse and I might need to call their warehouse for you but they're nice pople :) No problem.

I am afraid to visit the shop as I still need to pay my bills and you're kinda forcing me to pick up another chamber and slide. :( hahah

Has any one of you guys utilize the service of a guy name |Ah Kwun|, his shop is a small one situated inside Yan On Building, Kwong Wah Street ? Is he a reliable and honest guy ? <_< ...

Any recommendation from you guys to a good and honest gunsmith to get a complete mechbox from ?

By the way I am situated in Malaysia! So its a little bit troublesome for me to deal with them, unless they are honest enough to keep their words, and sent me the goods when I paid for it.

Thanks and cheers in advance! :D

dude,

I'd like some more info on that mech box you're after.

It sounds like you're trying to get a custom made one. If so, I hope someone else here can help you. You should also try the technical discussion section.

I believe there's more than 1 airsoft shop in that area, also.

Hopefully the locals will pick this thread up again.

Has any one of you guys utilize the service of a guy name |Ah Kwun|, his shop is a small one situated inside Yan On Building, Kwong Wah Street ? Is he a reliable and honest guy ?  <_< ...

Any recommendation from you guys to a good and honest gunsmith to get a complete mechbox from ?

By the way I am situated in Malaysia! So its a little bit troublesome for me to deal with them, unless they are honest enough to keep their words, and sent me the goods when I paid for it.

Any chance that being "Gun Doctor"?

If so, he's disappeared and DO NOT get anything from him.

Tell us more about what you are looking for, I am sure we can at least try and help!

Has any one of you guys utilize the service of a guy name |Ah Kwun|, his shop is a small one situated inside Yan On Building, Kwong Wah Street ? Is he a reliable and honest guy ?  <_< ...

Negative:

In general there is no honest Gunsmith in the Kwong Wah St. area :(.

This is not from hearsaying, but my own experience.

Shops in the KW St area fall in one of the following categories:

Tendancy to ignore customers (e.g. S-3 Shop, even many locals say so),

sometimes arrogant (Guns & Guys for example), or just confusing you (many shops)

as they don't seem to know their own business too much (untrained part-time staff

on hire and fire basis, mostly undedicated, newbies should be careful as they will

pretend to know much and might talk loads of nonsense, best is to always talk to the boss).

A staff of Guns & Guys once admitted to me that he doesn't play Airsoft and actually has no interest in it. What a sucker.

Another story is: Make sure you really know who fixes your gun. It might not be the person

you were talking to. Due to their amount of workload they might give it to a friend, who is

not a gunsmith and actually is just a customer like you and me. The quality of the work is accordingly. I have my own very bad experience with that :( .

Positive

Marine Shop seems to be the only exception, so far. They just recently moved close to War4 and opposite to GI shop. Advices are accurate, guns are properly fixed and on time. If things can be done yourself, you are informed about that, and I remember the boss once even gave me the tool to do so. Thatz what I call customer service and it helps both: I get my things done and he has won a loyal customer. That's somewhat like PR and Customer Relationship right? Something seemingly most local retail shops here never heard of.

Negative:

In general there is no honest Gunsmith in the Kwong Wah St. area  :(.

sometimes arrogant (Guns & Guys for example), or just confusing you (many shops)

as they don't seem to know their own business too much (untrained part-time staff

on hire and fire basis, mostly undedicated, newbies should be careful as they will

pretend to know much and might talk loads of nonsense, best is to always talk to the boss).

A staff of Guns & Guys once admitted to me that he doesn't play Airsoft and actually has no interest in it. What a sucker.

Another story is: Make sure you really know who fixes your gun. It might not be the person

you were talking to. Due to their amount of workload they might give it to a friend, who is

not a gunsmith and actually is just a customer like you and me. The quality of the work is accordingly. I have my own very bad experience with that :( .

Positive

Marine Shop seems to be the only exception, so far. They just recently moved close to War4 and opposite to GI shop. Advices are accurate, guns are properly fixed and on time. If things can be done yourself, you are informed about that, and I remember the boss once even gave me the tool to do so. Thatz what I call customer service and it helps both: I get my things done and he has won a loyal customer. That's somewhat like PR and Customer Relationship right? Something seemingly most local retail shops here never heard of.

Very true.

A friend of mine actually gave his gun to the gunsmith (Gun Doctor) for a simple upgrade. He got his gun back missing goodies he previously installed, such as Systema gears, pistons... son of a *****!

I used to only go to Den Trinity. Right up to until Clarence left and Raymond doesn't have much time. Clarence is the only gun smith I know where I can get my gun modified and then sell it later on and actually get a PROFIT. :D

The only shop I have I bought from and remotely trust right now is War 4... Since I know the owner and a guy who works there pretty well. Otherwise, I have heard that UN Company are also rather good in terms of service.

JC i've had bad experiences with WAR4.

###### service to me and i've had rubbish purchases from them. and my mate that bought a TM G36 from them had alot of funny problems with it. (upgrade to a 9.6v battery is just tape around where the small connector used to be holding the exposed wire to the big connector, gear box wasnt new, otherwise why were one of the gear scratched to hell before it even fired a shot? the charger that came with it needs to be fixed by smacking it on the floor because it's just knackered. the outer barrel is bent to the inside on one side so it defects the BBs every time if you have that outer barrel installed.)

as for my problems? they sold me a monster.

the gun was completely annihlated but hey. they've lost a customer that would have spent loads of money on them. (talking about 4figures HKD every time i come back to HK) shame. JC, you can tell your mate that he should be more careful of his customer services. :)

KWP, i also agree on the business side of the shops. they only care about the money. i've spoken to this newb at one of the shops i refuse to name at airsoft street. apparently the nylon bushings that come stock in some guns are more durable and will be good on the performance because it's more 'slippery' whatever that means. and then he proceeded to say that the power is all in the battery. so i just pwned him infront of his boss and told him i will be telling people about how stupid that mistake was by trying to show off because his friends turned up. so i definately agree on the part time staff there.

so now i have a recommendation.

CA shop, they didnt seem to ignore me.

they're a new shop and spent loads of money on the shop, so they have a better standard of service to what i've experienced with other shops.

although they dont have much parts for sale, in general, everything CA there is pretty good.

Thanks for your heads-up guy !! Billymak, JCYC5, KWP and urban-ninja :D , appreciate it very much,

This Ah Kwun guy is supposed to be a gunsmith, gotten 2 modified mechboxs from him for HK$1450.00 a piece, was supposed to be "very well modified", it was delivered last minute to my friend in his hotel at 2am... minus the batteries which he said forgotten, and will sent it via ems post !!! Chasing him ever since for the EMS tracking number., but to no avail, and that was 2 weeks ago..... no sign of batteries 2pcs. of 10.8V , HK$380 a piece...and thats HK$760.00, no tracking number.. nothing !!!???

I'm not sure whether its "Gun doctor", got his contact from a friend here who visited his shop when he's there in H.K., Friendly guy apparently, but now I have doubts whether he actually sent my goods that i have paid for ..in FULL !!! God !!! :o , there goes my batteries... :(

Well.. call me stupid, but my friend actually believe that he'll sent it over, after all its 2am in the morning !!! Well.. at least he made the delivery of the 2 mechboxs, .. not sure whats the ingredient yet ...which he said its fulll systema..(i have doubts there)

I wish i have a privilege of choosing who to fix my stuff, or where to sent it to for repair, we have no such gunsmith here...as most of the online store doesn't sell custom built-up mechbox as requested... :angry: , either you have no say on the ingredient or and its too damn expensive... , moreover, i don't know how to open or upgrade a mechbox.. thats the disadvantage i'm facing here...

KWP, its so sad to hear the shops there are so money minded and takes customers for granted !! They should have acted professionally to retain or attract customers ...

so you recommend Marine Shop ? We have a group of airsofters (abt 30+) here that would like to buy upgraded mechboxes like this (according to their own modification)... would appreciate it you can pass me the contacts number and person-to-contact..., but the problem is whether this shops are reliable enough, when we paid them in full, will they actually sent the goods ? Appreciate your help on this .. ..thanks !!

Urban-ninja, pardon me with my newbie question, CA shops only sells classic army stuff right? Does their aeg parts actually fit into a tokyo marui aegs , say if i get from them a whole CA version2 gearbox for my TM M4? and whatever stuff in the gearbox..

Negative:

In general there is no honest Gunsmith in the Kwong Wah St. area  :(.

Positive

too true about the sh*tty service! i HATE talking to them, they're so rude. the only person i like talking to is the manager/owner of war4. he's very nice and he actually knows his stuff. they other ppl there arn't very helpful. GNG's has one guy that i dont mind talking to either, i dont know his name but he's the young guy. he's nice about things too.

may i ask where exactly is the marine shop? i am familiar with war4's location but have never heard/seen "marine" shop anywhere...?

CA has THE BEST SHOP. i LURVEEEE CA's shop!! they are VERY VERY nice. they let u test fire guns too! they will let u go thru ALL they're stock on an item if u can't find the one u want (personal experience)!! and theyre actually nice about it too! "if ur not happy with that one, then we're not happy either!" they will even swap parts on guns if u like gun A but liked gun B's carry handle more. then they will take gun B's carry handle and put it on gun A and give it to u!

the only problem i find with CA's shop is that they're batteries are expensive. other places sell batt's for about 30-50hkd cheaper.

Sid,

Send me all the details and I will try.  Though I must tell you their retail operate differently from the warehouse and I might need to call their warehouse for you but they're nice pople :)  No problem.

I am afraid to visit the shop as I still need to pay my bills and you're kinda forcing me to pick up another chamber and slide. :( hahah

Bronney and Sid: Any news? Has Bronney been to UNCo yet? Just curious.

Funnily enough every time I visited the CA shop when I was back in HK (I went like 6 times :P) the shop was hardly ever full, only like 1 or 2 extra customers but that's about it....

... but everything is so nicely laid out and everything :D and really friendly staff. The whiteness of the shop reminds me of a very clean Hospital lol

Been any games in Hong Kong lately?

Any AG-HK test games? Pilots lol

Bron: Could you get us a preview of what the ID cards "could" look like please?

KWP and those Hong Kong nese geardos: Could you tell me where you could get Chinese/Russian uniforms etc?

Thanks, "tung ji"!!!

:lol:

Bron: Could you get us a preview of what the ID cards "could" look like please?
No sorry I can't show you. It'll look like a credit card size and material with a clip at the back. When I really work on this I would ask Arnie for his mascot and things in vector. I am not doing drafts because it's not confirmed.

Archived