Royal Mail Delays?

Finius

Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct place to put it, but since it is a question arising from an online sale, I figure it could go here.

Basically, last Wednesday, I posted a Bipod and some Magazines off from my local Post Office, and they have still not arrived. I was told to go for second class, as both first and second could expect delays and would be pretty snail-esque, which is what I did. I am just a little concerned that a week later, within one day of each other, both buyers have contacted me saying their stuff hasn't arrived, so, basically, is anyone still experiencing delays with stuff? Should I be worried? And is there any chance it is a delay at the sorting-end which will simply clear up by itself?

Cheers guys, Tom.

Received this today

Dear Mr. Bates

We are pleased to report the draft agreement between Royal Mail and the Communications Worker's Union (CWU) has been reached and is currently being considered by the Union's executive. We will communicate the decision as soon as possible.

We are very pleased to confirm that we have reinstated Special Delivery guarantees for all areas except items posted to or from the Liverpool (L) postcode area due to unofficial industrial action.

Please refer to our website, www.royalmail.com/update, for the latest information.

Unsubscribe me from further Royal Mail communications.

Royal Mail Group Ltd is registered in England and Wales, under number 4138203, registered office 148 Old Street, London EC1V 9HQ. Royal Mail, the Royal Mail cruciform and the colour red are registered trade marks of Royal Mail Group Ltd in the UK and other countries.

Beenw aiting 20 days for a SPRING from ehobby - yet received things posted and ordered last week from RSOV and other places from HK.

As well as the official strike last week there were unofficial walk-outs at some offices (Leeds and London that I know of) so the Royal Mail were pretty much at a stand-still for most of last week and now have a huge backlog.

Two packages posted to me a week last Friday arrived yesterday and I there are several from about the same time I'm still waiting for. We're getting customers complaining that parcels we shipped late week before last (ie almost TWO weeks ago) and postal payments send to us still haven't turned up!

So, yes, it's fair to say our post system is pretty much still f###ed up at the moment. :(

Beenw aiting 20 days for a SPRING from ehobby - yet received things posted and ordered last week from RSOV and other places from HK.

way Ive seen them handle strike mail in the past seems to be to chuck it all in a big pile and work thru it as a backlog alongside current mail. I expect the thinking is - "well that stuffs late already, lets not gum up the works for stuff thats been posted after the strike by giving stuff thats accumulated during the strike any sort of priority"

chaski - yes and no on that question. as members of both royal mail and parcel farce are not only members of the same parent company but are also members of the CWU it is effecting some areas, however as most of the reasons for the strikes arent effecting parcel farce not many of their staff are striking, though a number of them are striking and this can still cause delays but nothing major that if managers could be arsed to sort parcels would add anything more then a days delay!

as for delays, hell yes, lol, been waiting 17 days from a parcel from my dad, lincolnshire to suffolk, i know thier backward yocal places but come on!!!

It's hit and miss. I got some .20g BBs from Airsoft Direct yesterday that were posted on tuesday, on the other hand a BDU jacket posted on saturday, some spare button cell batteries posted on monday and a pair of gloves sent out on tuesday, by the exact same method, still aren't here. I got a weaver mount from Hong Kong yesterday which was posted on the 11th October, but the laser posted to me on the 8th is nowhere in sight. I also have a G3 bipod and silicone spray in the post from Fire Support, which was posted 1st class on tuesday, which has yet to arrive. It's a complete cock-up :blink:

way Ive seen them handle strike mail in the past seems to be to chuck it all in a big pile and work thru it as a backlog alongside current mail. I expect the thinking is - "well that stuffs late already, lets not gum up the works for stuff thats been posted after the strike by giving stuff thats accumulated during the strike any sort of priority"

Now that sounds like an effective process ;)

I heard a judge decided it was illegal for Royal Mail to strike again

also, i am experiencing delays, ordered a USB hub on friday last week which was despatched the same day, it still hasn't arrived

I'm also awaiting the delivery of something i returned so i can get my refund, and also my compensation for royal mail loosing £200 of airsoft kit over 2 months ago, which was insured, but they've taken this long to get as far as asking for proof of the cost of items

verrry verrry slow

I have to say, royal mail really ###### me off with this one, got my card eaten by an ATM cos it had a crack in it, the replacement then took 2 weeks to arrive, meanwhile i was in freshers week at uni with £20 and no way of getting any other money out since all my details and stuff were at home, fun times

so yeah, not the only one, i would guess it's burried somewhere

It's hit and miss. I got some .20g BBs from Airsoft Direct yesterday that were posted on tuesday, on the other hand a BDU jacket posted on saturday, some spare button cell batteries posted on monday and a pair of gloves sent out on tuesday, by the exact same method, still aren't here. I got a weaver mount from Hong Kong yesterday which was posted on the 11th October, but the laser posted to me on the 8th is nowhere in sight. I also have a G3 bipod and silicone spray in the post from Fire Support, which was posted 1st class on tuesday, which has yet to arrive. It's a complete cock-up :blink:

I finally got my BDU jacket (4 day delivery), button batteries (3 days) and gloves (2 days) yesterday, and my G3 bipod and silicone from Fire Support arrived this morning (3 days). Three days for 1st Class delivery? I'd hate to send anything by second class :unsure: Still waiting on my red laser, sent on the 8th. Wonder which pile that's at the bottom of :rolleyes:

I sent a gearbox to Urban Ninja (just for him to have a look at, not commercially) via Recorded 1st on Tuesday, and it's still yet to arrive. The Royal Mail have a huge backlog of post they're having to process, so don't be surprised if there's a delay. It's probably best to take this into account and wait a few days before approaching sellers and questioning them about posting dates etc. :)

I sent a gearbox to Urban Ninja (just for him to have a look at, not commercially) via Recorded 1st on Tuesday, and it's still yet to arrive. The Royal Mail have a huge backlog of post they're having to process, so don't be surprised if there's a delay. It's probably best to take this into account and wait a few days before approaching sellers and questioning them about posting dates etc. :)

Oh, I'm not doubting the seller of the laser at all. He has 100% positive feedback on ebay, and I trust those kind of sellers. I do, however, also trust in Royal Mails ability to "lose" items in strike actions, as three items went missing for good in the other strike actions. By "lose", I do, of course include "Hmmmm .......... that's an interesting looking package. Think I'll lose it to my house", because actually, really, definitely losing items is just about impossible ;)

BTW, I just noticed you're in South Yorkshire. I'm in Barnsley, mate :D

Oh, I'm not doubting the seller of the laser at all. He has 100% positive feedback on ebay, and I trust those kind of sellers. I do, however, also trust in Royal Mails ability to "lose" items in strike actions, as three items went missing for good in the other strike actions. By "lose", I do, of course include "Hmmmm .......... that's an interesting looking package. Think I'll lose it to my house", because actually, really, definitely losing items is just about impossible ;)

BTW, I just noticed you're in South Yorkshire. I'm in Barnsley, mate :D

That is true. There's been several cases around here (in Rotherham) of posties 'losing' mail over the past year. It usually turns up in their sheds when Royal Mail contact the police... :unsure:

ive been having the same problem, guardsman sold me a nade but it has not yet arrived, that was 3 weeks ago. but then again hes refusing to answer my PM's so, he could just be playig me around.

i was not refusing to answer your pms, i couldn't get to a computer last week.

anyway im here now and have pm'ed you :)

I heard a judge decided it was illegal for Royal Mail to strike again

nope he only made that one strike illegal as the appropriate 7 days notice wasnt given (apparently the notice was a few hours late - bloody post) but the judge ruled that was enough to put an injunction in for that strike, but if there is no resolution it is perfectly legal (if all the correct notices go in) for the to strike again but as they are now voting on the offer their not going to be on strike for about a month at the earliest

still doesnt do anything to sort the mahoooosive backlog of post - which is a pain as im now waiting on magpouches and a marpat shirt! grrr

Archived