New Lineup of VFC AEG's on Kapowwe Airsoft (taking pre-orders)

OverKiller93

Well I've heard about the 105 being in limited service @ Red Alliance, and I have seen some pics of it in use, while I haven't heard or seen the same about the 104. It is perfectly possible they are both in use among some special forces, those seem to have all kind of equipment anyway. I doubt though, that any of them will be used in larger scale in the near future, except if the 105 would replace the AKS-74U in it's role as a compact rifle for vehicle and artillery crews.

Woah, Where'd you get the pics? And why did you quote me? :P

edit: neat, the bolt is not just a metal sheet... lol...now I get it...

no, were not sure if the bolt is a half bolt like on their old models. as far as we know the full bolt (with gas piston, WOOOOO!) doesnt come standard with ANY of their new models but is available as an accessory.

i'll probably hold out for the Dboys AK74M, i like it but im not sure if i like it enough to spend VFC money on it. the AIMS however, i hated every aspect now i like it more every time i see it, i recon i;d rather get VFC than unicorn for the AIMS though.

The 104 is chambered for the 7.62x39mm AK-47/AKM cartridge, while the 105 is chambered for the never 5.45 x 39 mm AK-74 cartridge. Externally, they are exactly the same, so only the mags will tell if it's a 104 or a 105. Btw. the 105 is in limited service among the russian armed forces, while the 104 is for export only.

Yeah I thought that would be the case, and isn't DBoys coming out with thier own 105 too?

Then why do you need one released? :P

VFC's AEGs are just of unique quality, and at least from my point of view, are worth every last penny of their price. If you don't care that much about quality and just want an okay-ish replica of a certain weapon, they are not what you're looking for of course.

/edit: The bolts suck, though. What were they thinking!?

For my taste, the bolts are just too weak and wobbly. Have you ever used an ICS or G&G bolt? I want that manly metal-ish "Twack!" on my VFC AK too.

That made me think of custom fitting an ICS bolt, rewiring the GB and using a lipo in the remaining space of the battery compartment... *drool*

/edit: Moe, looking at the pics you posted, I've noticed a couple of weird things. First, all the "AK 104"s seen on those pics have a skeleton folding stock, instead of the normal solid folding stock of the AK 104. Then the mags; on three of the pics, those look like first generation AK-47 mags. I've never seen any of these on current pictures. Also, the fact that these guys are using Kobra red dots and even a PSOP (on an carbine assault rifle) is rather odd. That would be highly unusual among the russian armed forces. But now the strangest thing: The guy in the first pics has matching camo on the BDU and his cap! :lol: All this make me suspect these pics are actually promotional pictures and do not display real russian soldiers on duty (maybe as models, though).

For my taste, the bolts are just too weak and wobbly. Have you ever used an ICS or G&G bolt? I want that metal-ish manly "Twack!" on my VFC AK too.

That made me think of custom fitting an ICS bolt, rewiring the GB and using a lipo in the remaining space of the battery compartment... *drool*

The ICS bolt sounds nice when I played with one but the VFC is sweet too! It sounds like a vegetable cutter... which is cool in my book. :D

lol plague, your getting as bad as GRIM :D

I might have to buy a vfc aims for my 18th (in march wooo) looks really nice.

i know, i know. you have to realise that once you have a red alliance account you truly are beyond help :P go on RA and soon you'll be like me and all the others, tutting whenever we see the wrong letter in the name of a gun, shaking our heads in disaproval at using the wrong calliber magazine and the like XD

i really am surprised GRIM isnt on there too, although he would be disemboweled for wanting an ultimak :D

as for the stock durability, the stock will probably be solid polymer, so pretty durable and VFC trunions are sturdy pieces of steel, so no worries there.

The RS solid folding stocks are, just as everything on an AK, extremely durable. This, as well as the fact that VFCs skeleton folding stocks proved to be of very high quality, makes me expect their solid folding stocks to be sturdier than most fixed stocks on the guns of other companies :P

Archived