Airsofter's opinions on outsourcing and Blackwater

Mr.Hyde

Well, I got accused of supporting Blackwater when I mentioned that I was an airsofter.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. Now, I don't like Blackwater as their actions give the Us army a bad rep. I didn't want to go to Iraq in the first place and can't wait to see bush out of office. I am not saying the US army is perfect, by any means.

If this should not be here I'm sorry but I wanted the views of some airsofters.

I think that this war reflects badly on our sport. I've gotten a lot of guff because Blackwater and told that airsoft premotes actions such as theirs.

I do not believe this and really would like to set the record straight.

Airsoft is a sport. We support Blackwater about as much as paintball, baseball, cricket, and competitive midget-tossing do.

Even if you have a PMC loadout, that doesn't mean jack. It means you like the look, or have to conform to team requirements.

Honestly, I doubt the whole Blackwater issue is as clear-cut as the mainstream media makes it out to be. They're just guys trying to do their jobs in an absolute sh!thole... but this is getting off-topic, and should be moved as such. ;)

Yeah I was at an intersection once and a car didn't stop so I unloaded my ak at their windshield. Unfortunately, the BBs just rolled off.

the two things are completely unrelated. Airsoft is a hobby/sport. being a private military contractor is a profession.

can we get the background on the person that accused you of being a baby killer.

Hmm can you say left wing? This can only be made worse by a democrat getting into office. Watch those toes people.

Oh, not this **** again. Being far left liberal myself, I think your train of thought is narrow minded.

Also Hilary for President <_<

Oh, not this **** again. Being far left liberal myself, I think your train of thought is narrow minded.

Also Hilary for President

yeah it's inevitable that it will turn into this. i can totaly see where he is coming from though. With people like senator Harry Reid being a very media hungry official, it is easy to form a very bad impression of the democratic party. I wouldn't get upset about it though, in the big picture, our entire generation(just like this thread) will just be a zit on the butt of this planet(forum).

onebigbagostupid for president

I could go on about how some f**king idiot at blackwater decided it'd be ok to use ridiculously aggresive tactics and alienate the population of a country where they're working or how every other PMC in Iraq has decided that a low-profile approach is best while Blackwater travel in convoys armed with M249s and M2s, stop traffic at intersections and create roadblocks whenever they feel like it.

However, instead I'll just use the :padlock:

Archived