African Mercenary Loadout

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard rumours that WA were making one, but TBH, A CZ75 looks very similar to the early Hi powers, though I'm opting for a .45 for two reasons

1)As Cyber Mentioned, the stopping power of the .45 round, as well as their availability via the black market

2)The cheepsoft WE colt 1911 .45, witch i love, not to mention the GBB feel.

I'v got a skorpion for my imperial commisar loadoutr, and it feels very nice, though with a body kit to make it look like a bolt pistol it is a bit more blockyer than a normal VZ.

Good news, bad news time.

Good news is, my kit's here. Bad news is that both the M1945 suspenders and the Czech day pack are confusing the f___ out of me. Somehow, getting a WWI-era holster and 1950s French canteens to work on a USGI Vietnam-era web belt is easy. Figuring out how the straps work on a back pack and suspenders is apparently too difficult for me, though. Working on the suspenders, right now. Might have to acquire an M1945 field pack, but we'll see.

EDIT 2: Turns out the suspenders are designed for someone much shorter than I. This is a problem. I may have to take needle and thread to them to get them to work. Or I'll just get reproduction M1936 or M1943 suspenders instead. Even if I have to jury-rig those, I won't feel bad about it.

Something that occurred to me today just out of the blue...

African Merc would be The Impression to use if you have a pump-action shotgun around. As long as it's got wood-like furniture, it'd be right at home in the 40's to 80's, and synthetic furnitures would make appearances from then onward.

What else packs that kind of close-range firepower to tearing up simbas? Especially if one has either Maruzen shell job or Tanaka, which both can give out a decent BB spread per shot.

Also, shotguns would be the easiest weapons to 'haul in' as they -could- be used for hunting four-legs as well.

Indeed, and synthetic furniture would have been around since the 60's- even in the 5 commando pics I have sytnehyic furniture can be seen on some FAL's.

Shotguns would certainly have been around, although smg's also pack considerable close range firepower. I'd imagine most were bought in or locally made.

-matt

I'm thinking about getting some french Vietnam Camo from SOF, but I cant decide wether it is worth it. PARA MAT or hotchiss would be good, isnt their a spring version kicking about?

Unfortunately not as far as I´m concerned... MAT would be great :D ...so I guess the realistic options left, would be a M1 Carbine (8mm) or MP40...but these would fit more to any early Para (Pre-MAT) loadouts

What Vietnam-Camo are you referring to ? Duckhunter, Lizzard, or british Brushstroke ?

Aaaand...another Version....Sort of Congo-Style Merc.

-Para-Beret ( &Selous Badge)

-Belgian Dension Smock

-Patt. 60 Trousers

-Pattern 58/44 Webbing

-AK 47 & Bajonet

Merckongo2.jpg

@Seawolf http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products.asp?pg=40&offset=0 scroll down to "French Para Uniform" I think it works out at about 135 ish Euros. Just for the increasingly warm britrish summer days.

Oh and I have a shed load of WW2 aeg's so that isnt an issue, maybe even break out the garand.

@Seawolf http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products.asp?pg=40&offset=0 scroll down to "French Para Uniform" I think it works out at about 135 ish Euros. Just for the increasingly warm britrish summer days.

I see, thanx for the link. Wow, thats expensive. you may try ebay.fr ...thats were I got my repro... less expensive ;)

Oh and I have a shed load of WW2 aeg's so that isnt an issue, maybe even break out the garand.

Sounds cool.... afaik the M1 Carbine was in use with most french paras, and the german MP 40 prior to the MAT don´t know for the Garrand though. But for a merc-loadout it should fit anyway I guess ...:)

Got some old M47 french stuff as well...but unfortunately no AEG to go with it yet :(

@Seawolf, 1st, sorry, saw you country as germany so assumed you were german, only just noticed your sig bar. Doh.

Im trying to avoid US gear, I have far too much as it is, with 3 different 'nam loadouts, so maybe just using the french shirt with OG trousers or vise versa with an M2 carbine, or the M1 GBB if & when it arives.

Cheers pal

Syd

Hi all,

I thinking of getting back into airsoft over the summer and I've always wanted to do an African Merc (since I am from SA) loadout. My previous one was Russian Spetznaz and I still have the uniform, which is 'Kamysh' or Russian Tiger Stripe. It looks a bit French Lizard (as was mistaken for by other players) and I was wondering if it is possible to use it in any way. I think I could use the trousers, but I am unsure of what to use for up top. Could I have a 'shopping list' of what to look for at U.S. Surplus stores?

My new weapon (I think) will be a CA SAR Sportmatch M41 SG or G3A3. Africa's favourite rifle (other than the AK-47's)

Thanks!

Post pics of the camo then we can see better; i'm not too sure myself about it, but you can break up the modern russian effect by combining the jacket with plain og trousers.

For the surplus, avoid most things american and look for european (not russian) webbing and or a chicom chest rig. Forage cap, post pics and you should be done

-matt

@Seawolf, 1st, sorry, saw you country as germany so assumed you were german, only just noticed your sig bar. Doh.

Im trying to avoid US gear, I have far too much as it is, with 3 different 'nam loadouts, so maybe just using the french shirt with OG trousers or vise versa with an M2 carbine, or the M1 GBB if & when it arives.

Cheers pal

Syd

;) You´ve got PM

Post pics of the camo then we can see better; i'm not too sure myself about it, but you can break up the modern russian effect by combining the jacket with plain og trousers.

For the surplus, avoid most things american and look for european (not russian) webbing and or a chicom chest rig. Forage cap, post pics and you should be done

-matt

http://www.red-alliance.net/articles/reviews/kamysh.html

Link to Kamysh /\

I don't know if I'll find UK and European gear in the middle of no where, but I'll try - I may also go for a 'Modern African PMC' look as well. Would you suggest a beret or slouch/panama hat?

If you are doing a merc from the 70s this might be a good uniform to get ( but it is pretty rare)

Dsc00050.jpg

This is a Canadian-manufactured uniform for the Army of Tanzania in 1975. Obviously, the pattern is DPM but it does not have the same colouration as the Brit 68 pattern. South Africa made an excellent copy for its recce boys.

I just wanted to add that when "Mad Mike" was running 5 Commando he would not tolerate camouflage uniforms "as it would make the lads look unsoldierly"( this would be in the early-mid60s).

I was thinking that I could use my Kamysh trousers and an OG (or olive drab in the states) button shirt. How would I go about carrying G3 mags? Would any vest do or is there something specific I ought to be looking for?

French Lizard pattern:

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00104.php

Kamysh

kamyshbdu2a.jpg

Archived