Halo 2/3 Battle Rifle

Vamp V^^V

Right.

Sorry for the very long stoppage in posting, it's just that I have a small marriage project running in the background so I've been fairly busy, and not had any money.

BUT, this is now getting underway.

I have a Famas, the SV version. I also have tons of plasticard, a G36C carry handle. And JD Weld, and a suitable (I think) RDS are on their way.

I only got the Famas today, so I've been taking a look over it, and trying to guage what needs to be done in terms of bodywork. Remembering that I dont have much (or any) experience in AEG modding, so I want to try and keep it as simple as possible. But for it to look anything at all like a battle rifle, there are some glaring things that need to be done. Obviously the original carry handle needs to go ASAP.

Also, I will need to mod the G36C handle before putting it on, so it looks a bit less like a G36C handle hastily glued to a Famas.

I am planning to do some work to the foregrip, to alter the shape of it, but it will still need to be comfortable to hold, and as that is where the battery goes (who knew?) I dont want to mess that up.

The stock will also need a bit of work, but that can probably wait till last.

I have a different flash hider, but I'll need a converter of some sort (have sourced some from RedWolf).

And I'll certainly need to change (lop off) the weird handguard.

So those are the ideas I've thought of so far.

As always, I welcome any input, but *constructive* criticism please guys :P

If you don't like the idea, then that's fine :) But if so, please don't just say "It's a bad idea."

I will post up tomorrow when I've caught some Z's and decided where to start!!

Vamp.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't really see how the g36c handle/rail will be useful other then providing a base to mount on the famas. Would be easier makign the carry handle out of plasticard and maybe reinforced with some metal. I dunno, the g36c part just seems a bit to angular.

Cheers.

It'sa good point, and one I have thought of. But basically, I am just using it as a base for the RDS, I'm hoping to do a lot of modding work to it, and I couldn't find a bettter alternative in the form of a pre-existing handle. I didn't really want to try and build my own.

Have started work on it now. I changed my mind about completely lopping off the Famas carry handle and replacing it with the G36C one. Instead, I'm planning to take the top of the Famas handle off, and then secure onto the 'struts' the G36C rail.

This will hopefully (assuming it goes well) give me a higher base for a scope/rds (making it easier to use with a full face mask, and also the G36c rail is way too low to look good on the BR, I reckon now.

So I'm going to do that, and then use plasticard to alter the shape of the whole carry handle/rail bit to curve off the front.

It's based on the standard BR55 from Halo 2 era. Mainly because I couldnt work out how to figure in the gas tube on the BR55HB! Lol. And I prefer the look of the standard 55.

I will try to upload some pics of my 'progres' (I use that word lightly..) later today.

So far I have removed the upper part of the famas handle, and am in the process of trying to affix the G36C rail in its place.

Thanks, Sturmjager :)

edit: pics as promised.

After cutting off the rail.

post-11376-1219418985_thumb.jpg

I didn't quite cut it straight..

post-11376-1219419008_thumb.jpg

But after much filing and cutting I have fixed the G36C rail on.

post-11376-1219419027_thumb.jpg

post-11376-1219419044_thumb.jpg

Fingers crossed it will hold!!

Just checked on it, and so far it's holding well. When I get home from work tomorrow I shall make sure it's okay, possibly add some more JB Weld in any gaps (it needs to be rock solid), or/and sand off the excess before I start adding to the shape of the handle/rail to make it more BR like.

I would have used an F1, if I could get an F1. And the rail high, I know, I wasn't 100% happy with it either. But I wanted to make sure I'd have adequate room to view the sights with a full-face mask, etc.

And lol, Sturmjager, at the moment all I have is a cheapo red-dot :P BUT, I really like the look of it, I will post a pic of it on the rail tomorrow, I expect. And if it doesn't suit, I am open to any alternatives anyone can suggest!

I am currently working on the handguard, and its going well so far :)

Thanks for your comments!

And lol, Sturmjager, at the moment all I have is a cheapo red-dot :P BUT, I really like the look of it, I will post a pic of it on the rail tomorrow, I expect. And if it doesn't suit, I am open to any alternatives anyone can suggest!

Something similar to this would look best on a BR55 Rifle, though of course, something a tad bit shorter in length.

417desertrt.jpg

The BR55 has a Trijicon ACOG... Fail...

Does it? Because in the pictures I uploaded on the first page of this thread it doesnt look anything at all like an Acog to me. Where did you find this fact?

Please feel free to offer any constructive advice that you have, please don't just post 'you're doing it wrong. fail.'

And more work is currently underway! The handguard is coming along nicely :D

Read please.

Second bullet.

Yeah I know that, since i'm the one that placed that one there a year or so ago on Halopedia.

Though I stated it is "similar in style" to the ACOG, not directly a copy of it.

Just look at the two sights in the pictures above, for the HB SR model, the only direct relation it has to it is the front of the sight.

For the regular rifle, there are no similarities.

Archived