Halo 2/3 Battle Rifle

Vamp V^^V

I've made a post in Gear about my intentions of building up a loadout based on the Halo ODST Marines, so I thought here I'd make a post about anyone who has any ideas for creating a Battle Rifle from a Famas. (I'm sure someone thought of it before, but I couldn't find any threads about such.)

I think that the Famas, probably F1 would be the obvious choice for the base, and it *shouldn't* require a vast amount of modification. The top rail, possibly the stock, and the barrel/foregrip would just need some minor alteration to make it more aesthetically correct.

BUT, I dont know what I would use to do this, having no experience in custom making a gun, etc. So that's where I could use some pointers or friendly advice :)

Thanks very much!

post-11376-1202766432_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mate i know i someone made a halo style airsoft battle rifle the very first one and in halo 3 with a working counter and compas who and where i dont know google it....

Edit*

It was sold for $800

OR

nightmare studio

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q...sa=N&tab=wi

This is the halo sniper :

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn55-e.htm

here is one of them

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12867/Halo-F...-Rifle-Replica/

Cheers for all the comments and adive guys :D

Burke, although that would be a great shell to use (obviously, lol) I'm not that skilled with plastic modding, and I think it might be safer to build it up from an airsoft gun to start with.

And Crimson, that is awesome! The final model of the assault rifle is fantastic, but probably a bit beyond me :P

I reckon that a cutdown G36C carrying handle would be ideal for the top, although possibly just hack down the famas handle itself? I think VN style mags would look the best, so I might have a go at modding them to fit when I get the Famas.

Sounds like a cool Idea. I think it would be pretty difficult to make that gun out of parts from exsisting AEG's without it looking different. You want that WOW its the "Halo Battle Rifle" remark. I believe the way forward is to custom build a mould/s for the item. There's are many tutorials about that kinda thing on Film Prop Forums. Best bet is talk to some of those guys and see what they say.

http://www.therpf.com/

i believe a FAMAS would be an excellent donner AEG. If you did a good job with it. It could become quite an investment i think..

biguk, that's not a bad idea, and I agree that it would be difficult to make it look perfect by using existing AEG parts, but that's probably the way that I'm going to go at the moment. I want to try and keep costs down as much as possible, without it spiralling out of hand. Plus, I have no experience with building AEGs, so trying to make one from scratch would put me well out of my depth, I think.

And Terrorist killer, I have searched the forums for anything related to the Battle Rifle, but havent seen anything like that. Do you mean buy a working airsoft version? Because I have seen plastic formed models, there's one in a post above, but I decided that making an AEG out of it would be pretty difficult.

Hey,

If it helps and you can find it have a look on zeroin.co.uk because i did the same thing last year came out okish. The front grip and stock are the hardest to do they carry handel is simple get an RIS for it i used the L85A2 extra RIS its a tight fit but it does fit.

PM or ask if you get stuck but im sure yours will come out better than mine.

Thanks

From the looks of it, the carry handle consists of 2 vertical bars, rather than a long ris (notice it stops just infront of the scope. You might be better offusing some kind of plasticard, though I have no experience using it myself - just throwing ideas around lol

Good luck though, be awesome to see it all done

Al

Thanks for all the replies and ideas guys, I really appreciate it.

I have had a look around the 405th, Merchant, and there are some great ideas there :D

And Bankz, I'll contact you if i need any ideas for methods or if I get completely stuck, which is quite likely, lol.

I'm getting close to finishing up the ODST armour, so this will be the next stage :)

Archived