upgrade echo 1 mp5 pdw/k

sniperguy25

Sorry, forum rules state we can't talk about upgrading the gun's FPS over UK limits.

We can now, rules been revoked.

Basicly any spring over a 120 will give you 400+ and you might want to re-shim the gear box while you've got it open to make sure the gears mesh properly. I'll write a more detailed upgrade list for you later when I'm home from work ;)

We can now, rules been revoked.

Basicly any spring over a 120 will give you 400+ and you might want to re-shim the gear box while you've got it open to make sure the gears mesh properly. I'll write a more detailed upgrade list for you later when I'm home from work ;)

i put an m120 spring in my echo m16, and it broke the gear box into about 3 pieces. :( thats why i'm worried about putting a 120 spring in the mp5. thanks for your help. :)

Sorry, forum rules state we can't talk about upgrading the gun's FPS over UK limits.

However, the galaxy MP5k has metal bushings, a decent piston and motor. The thing can take any "upgrade" that's thrown at it.

i forgot to mention that i also order a 9.6 volt battery for it, is there any reason why the gun shouldnt be able to handle that?

i forgot to mention that i also order a 9.6 volt battery for it, is there any reason why the gun shouldnt be able to handle that?

the sub machine gun should be able to cope with 9.6v. if it fits in the battery space all ok. the motor may burn out quicker than on 8.4v but ur looking at a few 10000 rounds down the line and other things may of gone before the motor does.

(quick note try using the edit button instead of multiple posts and to quote more than one person, click quote next to the ones u want to quote and click the add reply at the bottom)

I can't remember exactly what I did to get my 9.6v to fit now, i think I just removed the cocking handle from the tube and cut it down until the battery would fit. Though I suggest you get a can of black krylon paint and give the battery a spray to disguise the battery in the gun, it looks a bit silly otherwise :P

As for upgrading to 400fps, whatever you do make sure you have solid metal bearings in there

As for upgrading to 400fps, whatever you do make sure you have solid metal bushings in there

Fixed.

Bearings (the ones with the little balls) are best for high ROF on sub 350 setups, where as bushings as best for high ROF on 400+ setips as they're stronger (I think :huh: )

I'm sure Catman will rip me a new one if I'm wrong ^_^

Well if it was my MP5k and I wanted to get 400fps reliably then I would fit...

Systema M120 spring

Element 6mm bushings (not bearings ;) )

Guarder bearing spring guide

Guarder bearing piston head

Systema Magnum motor (short shaft)

Plus a re-shim.

hehe cheers, I meant type bushings :P:D

Yeah, don't use the ones with the bearings inside they're not ideal for high FPS. If they break the little ball bearings go everywhere, I took a friend's gun apart that this had happened to once, he'd replaced the bushings but not thoroughly checked the gearbox for debris, I found one of the ball bearings stuck between two teeth of the spur gear, it was so wedged in there that it took a hammer and screwdriver to get it out :P On the sector gear every 3 (or so) tooth there was a dent it had made, amazingly it hadn't caused any teeth to break.

the m4 has a v2 gb which is sorta weak in the front part where the cylinder and cylinder head go. the v3 gearbox in the mp5pdw is much stronger so you dont need to worry about it breaking for a while

I know one who had 5 version3 gearboxes broken with m80-m120 springs. So, if you have bad luck its as weak as version2 but if lucky it can tolerate up to m140.

Archived