ICS reveal release date for the L85A2 and CPX

FarEast

I did get confirmation from ICS that there was a delay on the L85. They decided to make a couple final tweaks to improve the accuracy and reliability of the gun. I couldn't get any more details from them other than that. Also some other updates I got from them for those that are interested:

- ICS is still looking a releasing LiPo batteries for their guns. If you want to see them do this, let them know.

- It appears the Sig is going to have Burst fire after all. I will try to get details how they are accomplishing it.

- Updated expected release dates:

Sig 551, End of July

Galil, End of 2008

New MP5's, End of 2008

FNC, 2009

- ICS is looking to start expending their accessories/parts line. First up is a crane stock, expected release date is June. They are also looking at doing their own green laser.

Hey, Tweaks are good; I'm willing to trade a small delay for additional durability.

I haven't really been overly fond of LiPo for some reason, perhaps it's because of the price. More accessories is always a good thing; I'm still anticipating an L22A2 kit for their L85 (So sue me, I'm trying to raise popularity for this so ICS will have a reason to make it).

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The following is a quote from the one of the other other threads regarding this topic. In an attempt to concatenate all available information on this subject, I have posted it here.

zero one have just moved to a new building and so got delayed in replying to their e-mails as they moved their systems over. Thats why you didnt get a reply. In regards to the ICS L85, zero one said to me that they delayed its release a couple of weeks just doubly make sure everything was good. Zero one said they were now expecting them in 2 to 3 weeks, and i got that e-mail a little while ago. My guess on their arrival would therefore be any time after the 22nd of this month. Zero one said they have just asked ICS to send them a sample over so they can take some more pictures and get a better idea of what to expect.

I for one dont mind waiting, if it means that the end product is better then fine by me, i just dont want a repeat of the incident i had with my G&G L85... :S

Also note: Apologies for the double-post; it's too late to add as an edit.

The latest Gossip, in case anyone was wondering, This was posted on the ASR forums.

Quote from: Kakaroth on June 10, 2008, 02:10:49 pm

Ok, I got some news from MadOnion again. According to their sources the shipping should start early next week and will be simultanous to all distributors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone else can confirm on this?

Just thought some people would appreciate gossip on this (seeing as how that's all we seem to be getting anyway).

Here's the latest, if anyone is still even watching this thread.

Hey folks. Just asked zero one again on the status of the ICS L85. Here is what they said:

ICS had a last minute production problem, they have rectified it and started production, we should have the guns by the end of the month!

On behalf of ICS; “so sorry for the delay”

So yeah...end of the month then, only a week and a bit. I will be posting a review of mine soon after i recieve it.

This was from the user spetznaz123 on ASR. It appears as though this user signed up in order to post this, as is currently htis user's only post.

I would be very surprised if there actually was more following for this on a US based forum than a UK based one, but that is where the news and discussion is.

It's killing me right now trying to reserve the cash just in case it comes out this month, so frustrating not having a definite date when it should be so close. I think I may crack under the pressure soon and spunk it all away on various other kit I've been waiting ages to get.

It's killing me right now trying to reserve the cash just in case it comes out this month, so frustrating not having a definite date when it should be so close. I think I may crack under the pressure soon and spunk it all away on various other kit I've been waiting ages to get.

I know the feeling. I've been tempted more than once to go for the RealSword Type 97 instead of waiting for this. Of course, then I look at it, and realize how ugly it is compared to this. I have weird tastes, so shoot me. Also, in my book, a steel body beats a polymer body any day.

End of the day, doing the job I do, I'm always going to recommend an L85. However, after BF2 changed my whole knowledge base and overall outlook on small arms (inspired me to research anyway) I've been quite a big an of the new chinese designs, the carbine and sniper rifle particularly, they look pretty sleek and bullpup is the way to go if you ask me.

Not sure I'd say the 85 is particularly good looking either, but being the size it is with the accuracy it puts out make it an excellent choice for use in AEG form. The mag well's fiddly, the hand guards are supposedly a bit weak, and if you're left arm's not ripped then you'll struggle repeatedly cocking the real thing, but only that first one should really be a problem in airsoft. Accessories is another issue, but I think it makes it all that more interesting to see any variation on the standard, whereas all the pimped-out M4s just start to look the same after a while.

At this moment in time, even though I have a pre-order down at Zero-One, I might wait until next month. Anything I buy I don't get to see until I get leave to go home at the end of july anyway so there wouldn't be much point. Better late and improved than early and incorrect though.

End of the day, doing the job I do, I'm always going to recommend an L85. However, after BF2 changed my whole knowledge base and overall outlook on small arms (inspired me to research anyway) I've been quite a big an of the new chinese designs, the carbine and sniper rifle particularly, they look pretty sleek and bullpup is the way to go if you ask me.

Not sure I'd say the 85 is particularly good looking either, but being the size it is with the accuracy it puts out make it an excellent choice for use in AEG form. The mag well's fiddly, the hand guards are supposedly a bit weak, and if you're left arm's not ripped then you'll struggle repeatedly cocking the real thing, but only that first one should really be a problem in airsoft. Accessories is another issue, but I think it makes it all that more interesting to see any variation on the standard, whereas all the pimped-out M4s just start to look the same after a while.

At this moment in time, even though I have a pre-order down at Zero-One, I might wait until next month. Anything I buy I don't get to see until I get leave to go home at the end of july anyway so there wouldn't be much point. Better late and improved than early and incorrect though.

It's a funny story really, At first, I loved the look of the type 97 rifles, but they slowly grew on me... in the opposite direction. I still do really like the 97B and the sniper ones, but I just like the L85 so much more. What's this about the handguards and magwell? I thought that was sorted out for the A2, am I misinformed?

Spoke to Zero one today. They told me that they are expecting them by the end of this month. But they told me that last month too ! :huh:

Cheers for the update.

It's a funny story really, At first, I loved the look of the type 97 rifles, but they slowly grew on me... in the opposite direction. I still do really like the 97B and the sniper ones, but I just like the L85 so much more. What's this about the handguards and magwell? I thought that was sorted out for the A2, am I misinformed?

Far as I could ever tell, the A1 and 'improved' A2 handguards are made of the same plastic, although the A2 version material did seem a bit thicker; end of the day unless you swing it sideways in to a big tree by the butt it shouldn't be a problem. The issue with the A1 magazine housing was the steel itself, it could become bent or warped preventing insertion of a magazine, this was apparently rectified with the A2, however it's never had any sort of lip to it like an M4/16 mag well, making reloads slightly more fiddly by comparison.

For you US based people, I talked to TSD last night. TSD says they will have the L85's in their hands in 3-4 weeks, which as stated previously, they either have shipped or will be in the next few days. Other updates from TSD:

- The following receiver kits are available currently: M4 R.A.S. 14.5 (MA108), CQB 7.5 (MA112), S.I.R 14.5" Standard Upper Kit (MA120), S.I.R 14.5" Complete Upper Kit (MA121), S.I.R 7.5" Standard Upper Kit (MA122), S.I.R 7.5" Complete Upper Kit (MA123), and we will have M4 7.5" Complete Upper Kit (MA125), by end of July. We can order the MP-5 Lower Receiver Kit-Early stage/SEF (MP86) in the next order. Contact Evike or Speedytoys for ordering info

- ICS Fixed Short Stock (MA91) is currently available. Contact AirsoftGI, SpeedyToys, or Blazingtoys.

- New AK's (steel 47's)... AKS74U (ICS34) will be available late July, AK74M (ICS35) late August.

All I can say is FINALLY access to ICS's SIR model. It's about time...

I know that doesn't help you EU people out much other than it confirms said products are available. If you have been waiting for the receiver kits, this means you can pester your retailers about them now.

4....more....weeks.... lol ive long givin up on this, but its good to hear ics is getting their other products out, i.e. their AKs.

Xavier, any info on the ICS sportline M4 models? Will they have the split gearbox design?

EDIT: hehe, nvm about the Sportline m4s, just saw your post in that thread.

I chased up zero one last week and they say another 2 to 3 weeks as ics have delayed shiping for some reason.

Do you mean an additional 2 to 3 weeks past the delay we were already talking about, or from now? If you mean an additional 2-3 weeks, that puts this in at mid to late August. Otherwise, we're still expecting it late July.

Woot brain fart! Is it possible ICS postponed the shipping because hey also want to release their SIGs at the same time? Id assume it would save on shipping if they did both at once.

It is possible, but I hope this isn't the case. I would rather that ICS spend the time doing upgrades and modification in order to make their L85's more reliable, durable, and accurate. If that is the case, then that means the guns are probably just sitting around waiting to be shipped, which would be something of a slap in the face for those of us that waited so long for them.

Archived