ICS reveal release date for the L85A2 and CPX

FarEast

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The second delay, as far as I can remember, had nothing to do with the gun itself, but more with a technical problem with the machinery at the factory... Geez, how much more?! I think they are going for the Duke Nukem Forever of replicas :P

Heh, I made a similar joke about this on ASR; I like how you think. I would expect the deadline to be correct this time because we got it from TSD and ZeroOne. It takes a month for guns to get from their factory to TSD, and they told us they would be getting them in about three to four weeks. Going by that, ICS must have already begun shipment.

So, just to be clear, we're now expecting SA80 goodness in late July?

And it is confirmed that they have actually been shipped from the factory to the shops?

No, we are expecting L85A2 goodness in late July (sorry, pet peeve, SA80 refers to the family rather than a specific model). It is confirmed that it got shipped from the factory to DISTRIBUTORS. I can't confirm if it has been shipped to individual shops that deal direct with ICS. I'll try to get a hold of ICS on Sunday or Monday and see if they can give me updated EU shipping info.

So, just to be clear, we're now expecting SA80 goodness in late July?

No, we are expecting L85A2 goodness in late July...

No, you're hoping for ICS L85s. Anybody who wanted an L85 has been able to purchase one for at least the last three years.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people talk about the ICS gun like it's the only version out there when there's hundreds of people happily using other brands already.

an L85 would be a cool gun, if the price isnt super high...

USD408 is the MSRP here in the states, if I remember correctly. Funny, it feels like I'm having the same conversation here as on ASR...

In that case:

Last we've heard, it's $408. I really, really, hope this doesn't get pushed up as well.

If it goes much higher, I might just have to get one of those STAR L85 AFVs or a RS Type 97B. Truth be told, it's the AFV model that I want, but I'm hoping on an AFV kit to eventually be made for this. Like the L86 LSW kit they announced (and then never gave any further information about), but less vaporware and more tangible. Otherwise, I have access to a CnC mill that I just need to pay for materials for. That might be an interesting mod.

EDIT: Stupid quote tags...

No, we are expecting L85A2 goodness in late July (sorry, pet peeve, SA80 refers to the family rather than a specific model).

No, you're hoping for ICS L85s. Anybody who wanted an L85 has been able to purchase one for at least the last three years.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people talk about the ICS gun like it's the only version out there when there's hundreds of people happily using other brands already.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people start splitting hairs about different names for the same gun, and when other people wade in and start getting pedantic about the particular brand of gun when we are in a thread discussing ICS guns.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people start splitting hairs about different names for the same gun, and when other people wade in and start getting pedantic about the particular brand of gun when we are in a thread discussing ICS guns.

All right, all right, let's stop our passive-aggressive bickering and get back to the subject. I realize being slapped by delay after delay has made us a mite touchy, but let's look at it this way, there are only a few weeks before we can get our ICS L85A2 airsoft guns. Personally, I expect to have to wait a little longer so that it can get shipped to retailers like ASGI, but there was that thing about simultaneous arrival at something or other. The whole system only makes sense to me in a fuzzy way because what I know about it was gleaned off of posts by XavierMace.

The reason I was being picky on it is that ICS has mentioned making other front ends (such as the L86) which would fall under the SA80 family. And the last time I didn't make it 100% clear what I was talking about, I was getting email's/PM's about it for a week. I just want to make sure there is no confusion. I don't see everybody classifying the hundred different AK's (47, 74, RPK, RPD, etc) variants under just the vague term AK. The SA80 is the name for the family, not the single gun. Given that they are talking about releasing other members of the family, it's an important distinction.

And maybe things are different on your side of the pond Stealthbomber, but I don't know a single person over here who has been happy with their L85 (of any brand) without a significant amount of tweaking. More over the ICS part was kinda assumed since we are in an ICS thread...

The reason I was being picky on it is that ICS has mentioned making other front ends (such as the L86) which would fall under the SA80 family.

Say, "front ends" sounds a little... plural to me. Is anyone else getting a little plural vibe from those words? What front end kits have you heard mention of?

^^

No comment at this time. :)

pressad_0c5ae.Large.jpg

(Click Image for full size)

ICS Plastic M4's

Not really new news, just "Official" news. After they had to slap a certain other news website for reporting them as AIM's...

Basic points of note:

As with their other plastic models, 100% identical to full model other than body (obviously)

3 models, including the Commando which isn't available as a metal model.

Features their latest internal revisions (trigger contacts, wiring)

I'll post pricing info as soon as I can get it.

^^

No comment at this time. :)

Xavier, you tease. If there's a project (or projects) in planning, it can only help popularity to release the info. If they're only just considering doing it (them)... they told us about the LiPO batteries before it was decided, didn't they?

Xavier, you tease. If there's a project (or projects) in planning, it can only help popularity to release the info. If they're only just considering doing it (them)... they told us about the LiPO batteries before it was decided, didn't they?

Sorry, but I only give info when:

1) I have permission to.

2) When it's at least a semi-sure deal.

People read WAYYYY too much into posts. If I post "ICS considering making XXXX front end later this year", I will spend the rest of the year telling people no I don't have a price and no I don't have a release date. ICS has already stretched themselves too thin with their promises, so I am not even start down that road. But if they give me some more concrete info (IE press release or ship date), be certain I will let you know.

Sorry, but I only give info when:

1) I have permission to.

2) When it's at least a semi-sure deal.

People read WAYYYY too much into posts. If I post "ICS considering making XXXX front end later this year", I will spend the rest of the year telling people no I don't have a price and no I don't have a release date. ICS has already stretched themselves too thin with their promises, so I am not even going to start down that road. But if they give me some more concrete info (IE press release or ship date), be certain I will let you know.

Yeah, I know the deal; I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't know how it is for the others, but I'm just getting a little antsy waiting because, like I said earlier, I sold my primary back in April in preparation for this. On the upside, I've been getting very acquainted with my sidearm.

Latest info:

US MSRP for ICS "Sportline" plastic M4's: Estimated $200-$225, so you save roughly $100-$125 going with a plastic body over the metal.

Also, as some of you might be aware, the first of the M4 Upper kits have hit the stores. However, pricing it way out of line with the pricing I was lead to expect. I currently have an email in to both TSD and ICS asking them to confirm pricing.

Awsome news!!!

Make some pics, tell us how is it :D

I concur. I'm looking forward to an in-depth review featuring plenty of pictures. There's a good number of questions left unanswered. For example, what top rail does it come with, dovetail, weaver, or both? How about the new gearbox design, I want to know how it holds up. I'm also looking forward to hearing about the handguard. I hope it doesn't move as much as the AA one.

I got the chance to use one of those recently, and that was one of the first thing I checked. It bothers me if I can move the handguard with respect to the receiver, even if it's only a small amount and with a good deal of resistance.

Either way, it's about time. Review away.

If I remember correctly, ICS were gonna include both types of rail so that you could roll with a SUSAT, or any other optic you chose to use. Which is handy given that the British Army is now in the process of phasing out the SUSAT in favour of ACOGs.

I just need to know when these are going to reach Z1, I've been gagging for this for too long....

Hmm I might be mistaken, but I think the issue was the it was voted for the dovetail and RIS will be sold seperately as an accesory.

It hurts me when I hear from my local retailer that they don't even know wheter the package has been sent to them or not :(

We want a user review ASAP :D:D:D

Archived