Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there all, Nice set up White feather. Bellow you will see the set up I go sniping in. I do have a suit that I had made (just need to do the trousers). It works great but... The terrain here is difficult for ghillie suits, (thorn bushes everywhere, in fact they are the only type of bushes) so a suit gets hoplessly hung up, I'm going to cut down the length of the camo on it and thats should "help" with that problem. But I personaly perfer the set up i'm using now. It allows me to be fast, mobile and I have no problem sneaking around and remaing hidden.

I guess i should say a little about my load out.

------Weapons-----

APS2SV 550fps using .3 with a 4-16X40 TASCO Scope

KSC Glock 19 with the works (metal slide hi-fl....)

Rubber Knife (you can't see it in the picture, it's on the other side of my body)

--------Gear---------

Standard US woodland BDU's +boonie (i'm looking for multicam, for no other reason than to be different from everyone else and it would work great in my terrain)

Generic OD Vest (as you can see I have the vest to the sides of my body, i have no problem crawling around)

Replica OD flack vest (this is so i can lye down without having thorns in my guts, plus it makes crawling alot more comfurtable)

Standard combat boots (actualy have steel toe caps)

King arms Elbow and knee pads

King arms OD nomex gloves (these are great)

Glock holster (ordering a OD one some time soon)

Bolle X800T Tactical Goggles (these are amazingly good, they sit close to the face and i haven't had them fog up *sniff* my pride and joy) :D

and a scrim net or shemagh (to protect/hide my face, depends what i feel like that day)

I think thats it, if you want to know anything feel free to ask

Edit: P.S. You guys make me feel like a giant, i'm over 6.1 possibly 6.2 and weigh 210 pounds [95kg] and no it's not fat than you very much. :P

post-1579-1114359475_thumb.jpg

Nice suit Aimpoint. I just got 4 cans of ultra flat camo Krylon spray paint. Oh, and I bought a bipod. It's a haris styled bipod, from Walmart. From what I can tell, it will be able to withstand the extreme recoils and abuse that airsoft guns normally give. Should be as good as quality as CA's.

Since I can't edit the last post I made...

gallery_236_23_201228.jpg

It was getting dark and I had to use the flash. The colors are off a bit in the picture. It's not 100% done, I'm going to add a little bit more green tomorrow. Also, in the picture, all of the masking tape is still on.

I added a nice light coat of the khaki color, then started with green, then brown, then a few small splotches of black for contrast. I then sprayed very very lightly some green, to get a nice dark greenish look over the entire thing. I plan on hiding in alot of evergreen trees with alot of dead pine needles on the ground. It should work pretty well. I'll get final pictures tomorrow.

Since I can't edit the last post I made...

gallery_236_23_201228.jpg

It was getting dark and I had to use the flash.  The colors are off a bit in the picture.  It's not 100% done, I'm going to add a little bit more green tomorrow.  Also, in the picture, all of the masking tape is still on.

I added a nice light coat of the khaki color, then started with green, then brown, then a few small splotches of black for contrast.  I then sprayed very very lightly some green, to get a nice dark greenish look over the entire thing.  I plan on hiding in alot of evergreen trees with alot of dead pine needles on the ground.  It should work pretty well.  I'll get final pictures tomorrow.

looks great....should be foward to look at the final piece....=) keep up the good work

That made no sence scott.  You buy a thigh loster and you wear it, simple as that.  Dont see why you would think they will screw up your cammies.

LOL thigh loster lol sorry that was funnie.... :D i get what you're saying scott...for now i have to put it over my canvas..-.- which sucks...good way to go is a duty belt holster

bstimage311hm.jpg

That image shows, in my opinion, the importance of using, as they call it, unconventional shooting positions. This guy does not look human, and really doesn't show any threat to an observer (assuming they don't see the rifle!). If you're looking for a sniper, this is something that might be passed over. Being an effective sniper in airsoft is more about being hidden very well than actually shooting. I think the level of concealment should be even moreso than that a real sniper will need since it's alot more likely for someone to get within 10-20 feet of you.

Only problem that will arise from this, besides back pains, is an increase in difficulty at pulling back the bolt on spring powered sniper rifles.

Also, it may not be a good idea to put anything in front of the muzzle of an airsoft gun. It could greatly affect the accuracy and power of the BB, ruining a shot. Maybe cover it, then poke a hole through.

My m14 is here and i love her to death. Thinkin about calling her emmie, but thats my sisters friends name, so i dont want to sound like a stalker. *cough* yeah and back to the gun. Im going to get a 450 FPS upgrade, and a new barrel soon. and a scope ill need one of those to. And a ghillie. dang the paintjob too. why does the world conspire against my to young to be filled by work wallet?

Edit: can anyone suggest a good scope for max 80$ USd. i looked at this Accushot but im not sure if its that great. My sniper buddy has one, but its blurry cause he has bad eyesight, and he didnt want to recalibrate it, so could you tell me from experience or just gut instinct on this scope

Oh and if you reccomend any of the other scopers, just tell me.

Compatible rails would be nice too.

Im ranting arent I?

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/new.htm

Archived