.20g or .25g

Kaiser

Hey I am just wondering what you guys think is the better one to go with. I am going to be and AUG for more of a long ranged use ( something like a semi sniper) and its going to be in woodland, I dont know if it matters or whatever. But what do you guys thinks works best?

.20 are cheaper, .25 tend to be more accurate (particularly if there's a bit of wind gusting)

I've gone completely to .25s (then again, I do tend to aim first ;) )

That's with an AUG SR.

well it depends.. how long is your barrel going to be (stock, or did u upgrade to a 550mm or longer?) and how many fps does your gun shoot at? i find that with my vsr-10 at 0.7J (duno about the barrel length tho, havnt checked how long it is yet) and with .28g bbs shoots very straight even with a moderate crosswind, whereas my m4S-system upgraded to 400fps with a stock barrel and .2g bbs shoots straight for around 30-40m, then the wind blows the bbs away to the side (the vsr with .28g shoots straight for around 60m in the same wind) I ran out of .25g bbs, but i know that they are better for snipers, as you need the extra accuracy , and .25 bbs WILL be more accurate, even if only by a little bit. If you AUG is in stock form, go for .23 bbs, if its upgraded to 350 or 400 fps, go for .25 or .28 in slightly windy situations, and .2 if theres no wind, in moderate to strong winds, go for .3g bbs, you'll see the difference once you try them. But if you want a choice between those two, then go for .25 :P

Wow..... some of these responses are retarted.

.20 - Foor for indoors. Will give max range and wont have to worry about wind.

.25 - For outdoors. Wind wont affect it so it will be more accurate, however your shots won't go as far.

.25g BBs do not hurt more.

They hurt the same as .2g BBs.

The .25g BB may have more weight behind it, but it travels at a slower speed.

A .2g BB will travel faster but will have the same energy as the .25g BB (providing it is shot from the same gun etc)

.2g BB at 328 FPS = 0.99J

.25g BB at 0.99J = 293 FPS

Same energy, different speeds = same pain.

Archived