BB's?

Monopoly

Hello there. im simply interested in waht kind of BB's i should use for my 450 fps 10 g-spec? im interested in acurrecy.

plase say a little bit more about the ammo then jsut the size. klike a personal exsperience ^__^

thanks in advance

- Monopoly-

You should have written this in the "pinned" thread above (BB COMPARISON).

Buy the 0.29g SUPER GRAND MASTER pellets by MARUZEN.

They are expensive but certainly worth it. If you are on a tighter budget, get the 0.28g BB's by GUARDER or even G+P.

Good Hunting ;)

Im not going to close this thread or merge it yet but can i just ask;

What is with all these threads recently? Seriously its like every other day we get a thread asking what bb to use with 10, 100, 200, 300, 450, 500, 999, 234, 654fps on a L96 or a VSR or a JG BAr10 or this or that.

Am i the only one thats getting anoyed with it?

This is nothing compared to how many people ask me "how did I make my ghillie suit?" or "What am bezt gun?" on YOUTUBE, everyday.

I guess people use forums in different ways:

1 Some, want to keep information organised into categories and will happily read through a topic, to find what they want. They learn lots more, on that same topic, along the way.

2 Some, see it as a place to get their question answered quickly.

We just have to do the best we can and tidy up after people fitting category number 2, once the question is answered.

As for "what pellet to use?" I would recommend 0.29g SGM for pretty much any bolt action rifle over 400fps; if you have the budget.

Good Hunting ;)

A 30 page BB comparison thread is slightly intimidating to read. I can sympathize, but not much. I spent my first 3 days on these forums reading all the relevant stickies.

Maby we should stop answering questions like this? Just direct them to the appropriate sticky and tell them to read through it. I know it sounds harsh, but it'll learn them to stop asking the same question over and over. Then I guess it'll only really teach the one person that lesson, then another person comes along and asks the same thing. And the forum descends into a most unwelcoming place... I dunno. :blink:

Edited: I can't spell.

Is this a reference library or a discussion forum?

I was under the impression it's the latter.

When people ask questions you should embrace them, encourage discussion and, as a result, you'll often find that different facets of a subject will be discussed on each occasion a similar topic is raised.

If, on the other hand, you simply catalogue existing opinions and direct future enquiries to those opinions you'll find that people will become disinterested in the forum and go elsewhere for their information.

Please try to bear that in mind when dealing with inquiries, eh? :)

Whoa. Sorry if this is something that is asked rapidly around here.

Yes the big ol' BB thred thretens me, with its 30 pages of usefull information about .3g, But im interested in any other BB's you might find usefull for me. For exsample a lighter BB wil alwass go longer, so maybe you got exsampels of any lighter bb's that preform well? if this is in post # 15 in the big BB thred, then dont reply, and i migth actualy read all the way throug.

I've done it my self,,,,,,,,,, just the other day!!

Quick search for completely obscure part of airsoft gives no results. Post slightly sarcastic new topic requesting info, expecting no replies. Become inundated with links to 6 page thread from less than a month ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& (feeling rather stupid) THREAD CLOSED.

Fair play!

Having said that, there does seem to be an upsurge in sniper interest at present..............Even in the real world!!

I can't go to a site & be left alone any more. Used to be that as a sniper you were sort of shunned, as a loaner, & ignored by all but your own team mates. Now it's a que of interest & offers to 'be your spotter mate?'. :mellow: Often resulting in blown cover due to 'Fookin' 'ell did you see that, did you just get 'im? great shot mate!' :huh:

I don't seem to be able to log on & not see a 'wot am bestest sn1p3r' in 'general', 'theck' or 'newb' at present. I don't even bother with the stock 'have you tried the sniper section etc. etc.' any more.

& yeah bb's over .25 are in vogue. I've got mates advocating .43's in marui g17's hailing them as the greatest leap forward since sliced bread & stating that they'd use them in their aeg's if they were cheaper!!

Forum or library? It's a good call & a bit of both. Spose it's down to personal choice. If you want to air your opinion, do it. If your opinion is 'why don't you read all the info previously available in another area?', then that's both valid & helpful too.

I do think that having the 'sniper haven' kind of hid away under 'the game' isn't exactly high profile & will result in being missed by the short sighted.

Greg.

a lighter BB wil alwass go longer, so maybe you got exsampels of any lighter bb's that preform well? if this is in post # 15 in the big BB thred, then dont reply, and i migth actualy read all the way throug.

Well, the statement about lighter pellets going "longer" is actually wrong, as you will find if you read the intimidating thread. The thread actually contains information on lots of pellet weights/brands and includes some under .30g

I guess, if you want to become informed in a subject, then the best thing to do is read as much as possible on that topic. Although I know that takes time and effort to research; we try to keep information on a topic together and limit off topic posts, in such threads, for easier reading.

Either way is good, but the amount of times a new question/thread is asked, yet has been answered in the latest 10 threads, is becoming more and more frequent.

The upsurge in interest, I guess is due to cheapsoft sniper rifles. Can't be a bad thing.

Good Hunting ;)

its true that lighter pellets dont fly further, you should use the heavies BBs what your rifle can handle, its hard because there isnt much good quality BBs over .3g and i wouldnt use .3g BBs in a rifle thats more powerful than 450-500fps because they become unaccurate 40-50m with a slight wind. with no wind i have used .3g xtreme in 550+fps rifle with good results

now im using .43 TFC which is better than digicon/straight .43 in my rifle

tfc .43 orange has improved a lot, last time i bought them (about 8 months ago) they were the worst bbs i had ever seen but now their surface is smooth, i couldnt see any little "holes" in them anymore

so you probably have to try different weight and brand bbs which suit your rifle

Tmks88, could you do a weight/size comparison for a sample of TFC bb's compared to the Straight ones please? I haven't got any TFC ones (all of my mates nabbed them because they were visible in the air!), and if they turn out to be better than the Straight as you say, I'll get some more ;)

sorry i dont have the equipment to measure the diameter of BBs and neither a scale with 0.00g accuracy

straight .43 ruins the hop up (i guess cleaning it will help) thats why i dont like them

i watched a TFC .43 closer and saw that there are still some imperfections but now it is coated with silicone or something like that, they werent before maybe that makes them more accurate than they were before

• 2 weeks later...
whats the difference between coated and non-coated

The coated ones have, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a coating of teflon or graphite. They are usually grey or silver in colour. & guess what? Yep, the un-coated ones don't. :o

I think the idea behind the coating was to help loose friction & increase initial bb speed. But in practice, the coating comes off, bunging up the barrel & making the hop, friction free. Thus making the gun less efficient.

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

From my own personal experience, I found that the combination of type of BB, hop-up bucking and barrel plays a major role in overall BB distance trajectory. I used to have the "curve right" VSR problem. This problem is very annoying and I later realized that it's because the BB is over-hopped. Don't ask me why it curves right.

I have tried the combinations of the following:

Laylax Air Seal Chamber for VSR-10 / G-Spec

Dees Custom 6.01mm Barrel

Prometheus 6.03mm AEG barrel

Tanio-Koba HOP Twist Barrel

KM TN AEG 6.04mm barrel

Firefly Hop Up Bucking for Marui VSR-10/5.1/4.3/G26/P226/M1911/MK23

NINE BALL Air Seal Chamber Packing for VSR/Hi-Capa/Glcok/SIG/MK23

S II S 0.28g BB

Maruzen APS Super Grand Master 0.29g BB

Straight 0.36g BB (was shooting 580 fps, now at 490 - 500 fps)

Straight 0.43g BB (was shooting 580 fps, now at 490 - 500 fps)

The best combination I find and sticking with. The BB flys real far and straight. About 270 ft.

KM TN AEG 6.04mm barrel

S II S 0.28g BB

Maruzen APS Super Grand Master 0.29g BB (if I got extra money)

From my own personal experience, I found that the combination of type of BB, hop-up bucking and barrel plays a major role in overall BB distance trajectory. I used to have the "curve right" VSR problem. This problem is very annoying and I later realized that it's because the BB is over-hopped. Don't ask me why it curves right.

I have tried the combinations of the following:

Dees Custom 6.01mm Barrel

Prometheus 6.03mm AEG barrel

Tanio-Koba HOP Twist Barrel

KM TN AEG 6.04mm barrel

NINE BALL Air Seal Chamber Packing for VSR/Hi-Capa/Glcok/SIG/MK23

S II S 0.28g BB

Maruzen APS Super Grand Master 0.29g BB

Straight 0.36g BB (was shooting 580 fps, now at 490 - 500 fps)

Straight 0.43g BB (was shooting 580 fps, now at 490 - 500 fps)

The best combination I find and sticking with. The BB flys real far and straight. About 270 ft.

KM TN AEG 6.04mm barrel

S II S 0.28g BB

Maruzen APS Super Grand Master 0.29g BB (if I got extra money)

+2

Great post, very imformative and full of personal experience rather than hear say. Interesting results, how the wider bore barrel 6.04mm and lighter 0.28/0.29g pellets gave the best results.

I have heard other people mention the "VSR right hook" with the firefly rubber and DB 6.01mm barrel.

I found the best results are VSR10 6.05mm PDI (554mm) with 0.29g SGM with no hook (but is a tanaka rifle, not VSR). I tried the firefly hard rubber, but it gave far worse results than the NINEBALL.

Good Hunting ;)

Archived