M72A1 LAW

Lance Jackass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

ok guys, I know this is a little late to post my design, but, i think it will work & it might help other people as well, so here goes,

I was lying in bed last night when i came up with the idea (after spending alot of time looking at how people have done it) and this is the idea

since i have no experience with airsoft (no where i can go around here plus the lack of funds) so i have based this on the way that some of the old Nerf guns worked

lawdesign5.jpg

this is the RPG itself, The warhead is made from some sorta foam so you dont go and knock anyone out if you happen to get a headshot :P

The "rocket moter" is a pvc tube covered in the thick pipe insulation foam, it might work with just the foam & no pvc but I think the pvc will give it a little amount of weight to make it a little more life-like

the tail fins are made from strips of foam so they can be bent to fit into the launcher & then they spring up when the RPG leaves the tube

lawdesign4.jpg

this is based on various designs on google, a resevoir at the back which is filled using a bike pump via a mounted bike valve should only be pressured to about 100-120 PSI

the trigger valve should be some sort of Solenoid Sprinkler Valve to allow easy use via electronic switches

then the air is fired up the PVC rocket mount/guide into the back of the RPG & this should then launch the projectile in a similar fashion to the old Nerf Bow + arrow

lawdesign1.jpg

lawdesign2.jpg

lawdesign1.jpg

well, thats my views and thoughts anyways, tell me what you think & if you make it I would sure love some feedback/improvements/ect

if i ever get around to building it then i will make sure that there is a full project log

another thing i thought was good about type design is that with a few adjustments to the dimensions & you could probally use this in any type of "Tube" Launcher :)

have fun all

Erm...

This might seem a little bit daft but can anybody post a link to a suitable nerf gun to go inside a LAW?

I had a wander around a Toys R Us a while back and I couldn't find any of that kind of stuff at all.

Is there a website which sells these things?

I built a simple launcher a couple of years back which just fired bath sponges (yes. I know. :)) but I'd like an excuse to buy a LAW66.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived