M72A1 LAW

Lance Jackass

Hey.

Im looking into building an M72 LAW. Ive found two routes:

CO2 capsule powered (cheapest)

OR

Moscart internals

At the minute i favour the C02 route as i have 10 12gramme bulbs sitting infront of me but im looking into the moscart idea aswell.

Now for the CO2 route what would i need? IO know that i need a co2 quick chnage adapter but does anyone know where i can get one from please? Im thinking that the CO2 route would require a metal barrel instead of PVC to handle the pressure?

The moscart idea would be easier thinking about it- fancy trigger linkage to push the firing pin into the grenade. This would only be worth doing with a 165rnd shower though. Or the GB tech slugs....

So does anyone have any ideas or advice please?

Cheers

LJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I thought about somehow making an M79 in the same way. The real turn off with these 'special' weapons is the shells. Yes they look nice and are fun to load in but they are also self contained gas units which drives the cost up. I personally would go through a route of using cheap shells that only hold bbs (something like the Maruzen Shotguns and such) or just loading the bbs directly into the weapon itself. This drives down the cost of reloading it since moscarts aren't cheap at all and I wanted to carry around 7 shells for the M79. This would require a bit of customization that I'm not really ready to commit myself to at this point in time, but I've given it some thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Right ive nearly got a moscart now. So whats the next step please anyone?

And for the upper parts of the law, what should they be made of? I mean how do you join plastic to plastic or metal to plastic strongly?

cheer

LJ

I'd have thought a decent epoxy should do it. It you want to you could build it so you drill through the plastic where you want it to fit (not sure what joins you are making)

I've been toying with the idea of making components out of fibreglass so you could try that too.

Isnt fibre glass expensive and needs loads of tools?

Depnds on what you are trying to do, if you just need internal fittings to drill into you can get away with using body repir fibrglass for cars and some latex gloves (ooh matron...)

tooling is't major either, wooden spatulas, a couple of brushes wet/dry paper.

Fibreglassing can be expensive if you get someone else to do it as it's time consuming work. skilled labour costs. I wouldn't try making visible parts until you have some practice and expect to make mistakes too, but if you stick with it I don't think it would be beyond you. Just an idea anyways.

Probably a bit late in the day but...

If I was you I'd make your M72 something different to a moscart. After all, if all it's gonna do is fire a moscart then why bother to unsling, prime and aim a whole new gun? Why not just fit an M203?

After all, all it can do is fire a single shot.

I'd suggest you get yourself off to Toys'R'Us and get yourself a decent nerf gun. They're dirt cheap and some of them shoot sponge rockets which look cool AND shoot straight.

A couple of the guys around here have built launchers and we use them tactically in games. A simple use would be that if you can shoot a rocket through a window then the room inside is considered clear. Anybody in there is dead.

A more complex use of the launcher is to use it to take out various strategic targets during a game. This usually involves shooting rockets into cardboard boxes. ;)

Anyway, if the guy carrying the launcher gets shot the launcher gets left on the ground and the attackers have to retrieve it before they can continue the mission.

Anyway, I just think that making it a bit different to just another nade-launcher would be a more interesting idea.

Cheers guys. Well it could use the gb tech slugs so it could be used strategically.

The idea was to use it as a one shot weapon. So although it uses moscarts, the moscart will be modified by having a ring welded around it. This makes it only able to be loaded into the LAW not an m203 etc.

Since the moscart has to be modified then theres no chance of firing 3 shots etc from a one shot wepaon. So it will have to be taken back to the safe zone to reload- making it fairly accurate to the original.

And theres something cool about LAWs- they'd scare me more thqan an m203 aimed at me.

Archived