The desert squaddy look

Lance Jackass

Why mixed Desert/Temperate CS95?

Simple, some things aren't issued in desert pattern and guys buy a fair bit of kit themselves which again doesn't come in desert.

As for the Desert coloured hand guards you mentioned. I've never seen them and I was only 9 during gulf 1 so I don't really remember that far back.

If they were a seperate item rather than just old & faded/Painted/Tape covered they most likely aren't used anymore because firstly it cost money (why spend cash on a pretty cloured handguard rather than something useful), and it's also rather pointless.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desert body armour...

I got a spare set if you're interested, complete with lightweight kevlar liner. Was going to stick it in the for sale area in a week or so (it's in a storage box at the mo) size 190/120, so a mid to large build 6 footer. Lemme know otherwise I'll put it in 'for sale' when I get it out.

Ether that or i'll wear both and be hyper-mega-bulletproof...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO ive just been ripped off on ebay and now you offer to sell me one? lol

Would the plates fit in my 190/108 anyone? If so i might buy them off you xeno bait if you want?

Sorry, it's the new style - no plates just the cover and kevlar inner but with an ffd and map pocket on the front. Liner is 190/120 so I don't think it'll go in yoour cover.

How much did you pay on Ebay?

I payed £15 on ebay. Hopefully it will come with plates in it lol.

I'd think you'll be lucky to get the liner at that price... then again sometimes that's the way ebay goes. Mine were both about £50, but they're both brand spanking new (or as near as) if you do get plates I'll be jealous. I only got them with the dpm one!

Sorry, it's the new style - no plates just the cover and kevlar inner but with an ffd and map pocket on the front. Liner is 190/120 so I don't think it'll go in yoour cover.

How much did you pay on Ebay?

Ah... See, I have the cover in Temperate (it was only £8), and I was sitting there thinking "Where do the plates go then?" when I first got it :P

I wore it to a scrim the other day for the first time, no Kevlar, just the cover.

Well ive got my CBA today. Its really weird to wear with a jacket, but works good enough with a 95 shirt.

desert17ul.th.jpg

Still cant believe i did that picture lol. Notice the product placement. When im playing at soldiers i allways use shockwaves to keep what little is left of my hair in place.

desert26pm.th.jpg

Even worse picture- the cr@p hat will be a desert one when i get round to buying it! All i need now is a cr@p hat, desert combat trousers and some PLCE webbing....a gun would be nice too.

Does anyone know what the clip is for on the back of the CBA? Looks like it attaches to a PLCE belt?

cheers

LJ

Yeah thats my thoughts eddie. Il wear dpms in the field but in CQB il wear my CBA to take the sting out of the hits.....with 95 shirt sleeves rolled up! Crazy logic.

If i can get some desert combats byt then it should look allright. But il be pwning an mp5 so its not going to be accurate for a while lol.

Archived