Airsoft Miniguns

Manstoat

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a rifle style minigun, that would be awesome, but not very realistic as there is nowhere for the motor or delinker, but still cool.

if i were to make one i would at leats want it to look as if it could work, so it would need some sort of motor housing, and maybe use standard mags or a drum mag, which wud be empty in real life in no time but what the hell. minigun are not meant to be carried by one man anyway, but it is uber cool :)

as for the rifle in deep rising, that was cool, like a mini-mini-gun :P i recon it wud be a fairly simple design, one i may even attempt :)

Real Minigun Ammo Chutes. They are priceless. Period.

The FEW I've ever seen advertised were snatched up immediately. Prices around $6000 are not uncommon for damaged real ones.

Wait a minute. You're talking about the normal feed chute, made of stainless steel? Mean just the model seen in Predator and T2? How many feet you get for $6000? Here in Finland you can buy a two feet piece for $350. Surplus chute, but practically like new. It's not that hard to find.

Wait a minute. You're talking about the normal feed chute, made of stainless steel? Mean just the model seen in Predator and T2? How many feet you get for $6000? Here in Finland you can buy a two feet piece for $350. Surplus chute, but practically like new. It's not that hard to find.

Hi Mate,

That's what I'm talking about, the same stuff used for any 7.62mm gun. Can you get me some? How much woudl it cost to post to the UK?

happy.al, I'll have to ask the current price for the chute. Euro/dollar exchange rate is not on our side at the moment. Are you going to use it with an M134 or some other project? If it's going for Minigun, you'll need correct adapters for it. And is there need for Huey 7.62 mm ammo box, they're also available from the place I get my stuff.

Those are steel bb's used on television. P3 guns can handle both regular bb's and steel pellets without need to change barrels or worrying about damaging the gun. With normal Excel's, it's not that bad everybody thinks it is. At least I haven't killed anyone with my gun yet, or even hurt. Gas operated minis are not the best choice for close encounters, since muzzle velocities on these are pretty high.

I think this is the place to show one of my projects:

miniac.jpg

mini2b.jpg

Real .50 cal tripod and P3 M134. I had plans to modify the mini so that it could be only used with tripod. However, there are two minor things that keep me from doing this: first, I'd need another M134 for hand-held setups, like T2 gear. Second, when I asked Dillon Aero for spade grips and M2 tripod pintle, the price was no more than $2700. I really don't like the self made parts, no matter how wise it would be to use them here. So I have to either rob a bank or just try to save for another M134 and those Dillon parts.

That's A2. I hate the P3 A2 delinker, it's missing so many details that were included in A1 model. I've had plans to rebuils the delinker assy. A2 delinker is even missing the feed chute connectors, so I had to make them myself.

M2 came from Denmark, it's US ww2 surplus stuff, dated 1943. Great condition for its age, and the price was only around $600 including shipping. Took awhile to find one, even despite the European countries are full of ww2 left-over tripods.

Minigun market is in interesting situation right now, we have Echo1 and the upcoming CA/P3 version. If I may suggest something, I'd say take a gas version. They're much more fun because of their rate or fire, isn't that what Minis are all about? When I saw the internals of Echo1 and the sticker that warned not to pull the trigger more than 5 seconds, I wanted to cry. I don't even want to imagine what happens if Echo1 misfeeds a round and what kind of damage that one poor bb can do to the whole system.

Here's few rate of fires of airsoft minis I've seen:

Echo1 - around 3000

P3 M134A1 - around 3500 with 14,4 V battery

P3 M134A2 - around 4500 with 16,8 V battery and modified feed arm

Asahi M134 - around 6000

I've found a P3 A1 which hopefully will be on it's way to me from the USA very soon, I know it doesn't have hop up but it'll still be fun :)

I really don't like what I've seen of that Echo1 version, it looks like the toytech version with a different badge, also that mag sticking out the side just looks wrong. I'm sure it'll be great fun but for the price I'd perfer a gas version.

I hope that the CA version is going to be good, I fear that the price will be sky high (about US$5k is my guess) even so I might take a look at the once they've been released.

How many Volts will the P3 take? you say that you've seen one with a 14.4v and 16.8, is it just a case of increasing the voltage to get higher ROF, or is the motor different on the A1's and A2's?

Crenna, your toy is NICE. My house full of M2's pales in comparison. thanks for posting the pics, if you have more, I'm sure I speak for everybody saying, where are they.

No question, P3 reigns supreme, my hat stays off here.

For the rest of us _______ the _______'s, home cobbling is the closest we'll get.

What's most frustrating about doing this is the ridiculous amount of parts to make from scratch, and 90% are purely cosmetic.

Hence my argument that at some point, we need to see what a purely designed to BE and LOOK like airsoft tech gun looks like.

The only cosmetic part that gets a free ride is the barrel pack itself.

0001MINMINI.jpg

As usual, I'm willing to create a backstory for my creation (cue background music by RUSH. Tom Sawyer will do)

Mean, Mean Pride..

Because Will Smith left the Darkseekers alive in BOTH endings for I Am Legend, they now dominate the earth.

Being communal creatures, they've inhabited the now-empty movie theaters. They've figured out that reflected radiation does no harm to them, so they watch movies.

Terminator2 is their favorite. Having watched it for ten years straight, the mere sight of a minigun causes them to "self-terminate" rather than be ripped to shreds.

The few remaining Humans have no real weapons, but they DO have an account at AEX (hey, it's my story, maybe GreenGas makes you immune), so 6mm's for everybody. All guns have fake motorized barrels to do the actual killing with. The airsoft gun is only used to get their attention.

Two plinks, backa da head. He whips around, sees the barrels spinning, and proceeds to mash his head into a handy solid thing.

Sounds silly, I hope...

Ok I am a complete mini gun noob here, but I want one BAD!!!!!!!!

I have a few questions for you gents.

I dont have the biggest cash flow for the gun between $600-1000 hopefully round the $600 so my GF doesn't put me out living with the mini in my car :)

Also I am not looking for a gun for heavy use, just plinking and maybe the occasional appearance at an event to scare the noobs :)

I am also not looking to build the gun myself, i dont have the facilities are skill to cobble something like that together, my realm of knowledge revolves around sniper rifles and gas pistols.

Lastly I am looking to make the purchase after the new year as right now I have other projects I am working on.

Any suggestions guys?

Ok I am a complete mini gun noob here, but I want one BAD!!!!!!!!

I have a few questions for you gents.

I dont have the biggest cash flow for the gun between $600-1000 hopefully round the $600 so my GF doesn't put me out living with the mini in my car :)

Also I am not looking for a gun for heavy use, just plinking and maybe the occasional appearance at an event to scare the noobs :)

I am also not looking to build the gun myself, i dont have the facilities are skill to cobble something like that together, my realm of knowledge revolves around sniper rifles and gas pistols.

Lastly I am looking to make the purchase after the new year as right now I have other projects I am working on.

Any suggestions guys?

You've seen them all. A minigun is not a simple item, so any faithful replicas are worth the ducats.

Google around, you might find a used one that needs TLC for a good price, but the demand keeps this seldom.

Quite a few people have built their own mockups, I'd be looking for somebody's well-done scratchbuild if you're wanting a credible poser.

Your average viewer is happy to see barrels spinning. The details are lost. Try this, sketch a mini "from memory" and then pull up a photo to see how close you were. It takes a bit of study time to sort out the part shapes and their relationships to each other.

A discerning weapon nut will immediately spot missing or wrong detail, but most will skip this and want their picture taken with it anyway.

As long as it's black, big, (even though "mini" is right there in the name), the barrels turn, and you can break stuff with it, we're done.

Consider a cartoon version of a motorcycle. If it has 2 wheels, fins sticking out somewhere, and an exhaust pipe, it's a motorcycle.

chopperB.jpg

So consider detail the cost of lower ownership.

Maybe starting with part of a "real" airsoft (this is getting absurd) M134 is a good avenue. Many Real-Real M134's (aw, forget it...)have taken shape from less than a complete donor.

I built my first Brownings on the kitchen table using a small bar clamp, a coping saw, and a cordless drill.

Tough knuckles and Betadine help.

I'm not sure which parts are different inside the P3 A1 vs A2. I bought my gun used, and it had some kind of modifications made for feeding arm. 16,8 V is about the maximum I can use, otherwise the barrels rotate faster than the feeding system can feed bb's, resulting the gun to dryfire. My A2 is the older version without hopup. Range is not that bad, approx the same as 400 fps Marui AEG (M134 running with much higher fps though). The only thing I like better on A2 is the internal magazine capacity. A1 can take about 1500 rounds, A2 6000 rds. If you're not using a selfmade autoloader with A1, you'll run out of ammo way too fast.

The way I see it, there's no shortcut home with Miniguns, just like there aren't with NVGs. You just need to pay to get something that makes the diffence. Of course self-made guns are not a bad choice, especially if you can do the job the way Killbucket can (which is the most impressive self-made Mini I've seen). Before I bought my gun, I had a million ideas how to make one myself. I just didn't find a solution for high rate of fire, that is the trademark of Miniguns (imagine Arnie in T2 standing with an M60 against the police... wouldn't work). M134 isn't a wise choice for airsofting; you can't creep with it, you can't prone with it and you barely can aim with it. There's just some kind of factor that makes them so cool, maybe movies have something to do with it.

happy.al, if you get that A1, you must take proper pics of the delinker/under the gun. I want to see detailed pictures of a well-made linker assy.

While I was rummaging around in the 1970's a minute ago, I stumbled across my old toy "M16".

It had the trigger hooked to a little geartrain, so pulling the trigger over and over spun a little flywheel, and it made a LOUD, obnoxious Klack-klack-klack!

What if you just drown out the airsoft with something artificial?

Archived