Airsoft Miniguns

Manstoat

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way to price this as of yet. I have a lot of other guns to finish first.

The current wait list is 22 customers deep.

What you're looking at is a virtual "doodle". Sometimes to unwind, I draw stuff nobody but me would ever want

The CNC will kick out a few test parts along with production this week, so hopefully I'll be able to assemble a box of parts for one.

There has been a flood of emails since this morning, I made the plans available on my site at air-sharp. VERY few parts need to be fabbed, This is a really small minigun.

A can of Rockstar is 6.25 inches high, and just over 2 and 5/8ths in diameter.

Here's a render of a CAD model, along with a few "actual size" Rockstar cans for comparison.

Shown with handles folded:

HailForce000001.jpg

And deployed:

HailForce000002.jpg

Note the pintle loop under the chin. May as well be able to slip it right onto one of my tripods.

I've seen them go for as cheap as $2.5k. (Recently on CA.net.)

-Vic

I know, should be on it's way to me soon :)

Before I saw this one for sale I was very close to buying a Airsharp Minigun from Killbucket. I think he does great work and like to watch all his mingun threads. His miniguns are by far the best home made ones I've seen.

I think in a game it doesn't really matter which one you have, you're going to be a huge target.

And when you get that Mini, you MUST post tons of pics (so that I can start copying the missing details on my A2)

I'll upload few pictures of my M134 soon, so you all will see how poorly detailed P3 A2 is.

Got to admit that I was really looking for a A1 for this very reason. If I'm honest it's going to be more of a model to look at than to be used in games.

Don't get me wrong, it WILL be used in games, but ever since I was 10 years old I've always loved miniguns, so I'd perfer one to look great, and that (hopefully) I can work on to work great too. I do plan to have an external bb feed.

Looking forward to all those pictures of yours Crenna, from the pictures so far it looks good. When I get the A1 I will take as many pictures as you like.

What size gas tank are you using? My current one is 1.2Ltr (72cu) will that keep it going for a while?

"and that (hopefully) I can work on to work great too."

Bear in mind, the mini is an assemblage of unique parts.

You won't be getting a lot of upgrades from Evike for it.

If you NEED to work on it, you will be mostly on your own.

I myself would have a new one apart in the first week, just to see its guts, and how they work.

However, my 40+ years of tech/design experience (I was even a Sears Appliance Repair Tech for five years) are no guarantee it would go back together and work properly.

(hint: if RC helicopters baffle you, skip the mini idea completely)

The one that sold for 2.5Large probably needed a Journeyman mech before it ran...

There are two major movies featuring the Mini, the last one, T2, made in 1991.

The fan base for the things diminishes with time, fewer moneyed individuals pony up the cash.

In 1992, say you made and sold 25, $5,000 items.

In 2002, you can only find 15 customers.

In 2008, 12 customers...

Airsoft came along ten years too late for the mini (and the Tec-9!).

If a new movie hit today, we'd see cheaper, more plentiful minis.

But nooooo, Damon has to play Sniper (yet we don't have piles of Chey-Tacs. What gives?) all the time. So Billy Zane....

Some pictures of the missing details. Notice the simple desing of A2 delinker, compared to real Minigun below. That's right, P3 decided to make more profits by cutting the details, but they sure didn't lower the price.

134_a3.jpg

134_a2.jpg

134_a1.jpg

Bottom of the gun:

134_a4.jpg

Real one in T2:

t2_mini1a.jpg

t2_mini1b.jpg

No matter if the gun is real one, blank firing model, model gun or an airsoft gun; this is the first impression when you pick it up:

t2_mini1c.jpg

OT for a mo, but THATS THE CHOPPER BUNCH FROM THE WHEELIE CARTOONS! omg thats so nostalgic!

Skrugg, skrugg!

I miss Penelope Pitstop, sob.....

I wouldn't fault P3 for today's economics. That they persist in the dream is commendable. Something HAS to give, as I like to say:

CHEAPLY-QUICKLY-CORRECTLY.

For best results, pick only two.

0001MINMINI_parts.jpg

This panel represents a chunk of 6mm ABS, 24" x 10.25"(these are the machine offsets).

Outside of the tubing parts, this is all the parts that need to be fabbed to make one of the little minis in the renders posted previously.

Parts List:

3" (i.d.)ABS Celcon tubing (yes, common black plastic pipe from the hardware store):

One ea., 9" long.

One ea., 13" long.

One ea., 6" long.

1/2" (i.d. again)PVC tubing:

Seven ea., 17.75" long.

A small handful of #6 x 1/2" sheetmetal screws, and the 18 components depicted above, along with a stripped Chi-Com M14, and you have a MINI-Minigun.

It's less than three feet long, assembled. The barrel pack is 3.5" in diameter.

The ShopBot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKwRTNl_BVA

Is cutting M2 model kit parts today. And tomorrow. And...

I'm going to try to drop the needed parts into the empty spaces around today's parts(the barrel discs are only 3.5" dia, dinky) that are run.

3" tubing is everywhere, I set this up so a 24" "repair section" from the hardware store could be cut right at 13", leaving the "scrap" 9" long. The 13" section becomes the main body tube, the 9" becomes the "drive motor" casing (this will also double as the ammo dump).

Then I just have to find a 6" section in the shop to become the "delinker".

This will actually hold the power pack, so a longer section may be used. We'll see.

I'm not sure which parts are different inside the P3 A1 vs A2. I bought my gun used, and it had some kind of modifications made for feeding arm. 16,8 V is about the maximum I can use, otherwise the barrels rotate faster than the feeding system can feed bb's, resulting the gun to dryfire. My A2 is the older version without hopup. Range is not that bad, approx the same as 400 fps Marui AEG (M134 running with much higher fps though). The only thing I like better on A2 is the internal magazine capacity. A1 can take about 1500 rounds, A2 6000 rds. If you're not using a selfmade autoloader with A1, you'll run out of ammo way too fast.

I have a A2 as well, or what P3 deemed a 2.5. It has hopup which works well, but is a PIA to set. As for the internal magazine capacity, I have used my mini in 2 skirmishes and have fired it plenty in my basement. I have never gotton even a full 3500rnd bag of ammo into the magazine. That is pretty disheartening, as even being conservative with the trigger, I have to reload every 30 minutes. :( P3 makes a autoloader, but it is unclear how it gets the bbs into the gun, and how many it holds. It should fit into the packpack that I have though.

Minigun%2041.JPG

Every 30 minutes doesn't sound that bad, considering you get to be Arnold the whole time.

I wouldn't turn down a date with Scarlett Johansson because it was going to be short- quality time, you know?

I'm willing to bet the autofeeder for these is similar to a motorized hicap, and it just "pumps" more ammo into the internal bay. Shouldn't be too hard to make up.

Of course, you will be having electron shortages next...

I'm looking into building a whistle of some kind into one of these, kinda like the Stuka's Jericho-Trompete siren. Enemies would soon be sharing a need for clean pants.

There's a video about the autoloader on you tube or on P3's site. It looks great, but basicly it's just a motorised hicap, it feeds the bb's from the container into a tube, which you attach to the gun. It is linked into the trigger, but I think they are charging far too much for it.

Archived