Dboys Gas K98

Cohacq

That isn't an 8mm Marushin.

That its not made of wood.

It'll most likely be made of cheap pine or whatever the chinese equivalent of pine is with a cheap stain on it.

It shouldnt be too hard to sand it down and give it a better finish.

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind this. So its basically the springer version but gas powered…

…then why not just use the spring version with a less powerful spring or do what another forum member has done and take the wood and outer barrel (including furniture) and replaced the insides with a JG BAR’s.

Fits and looks the part, down power the spring to fire at a more regular skirmishable level (330-350) and you’ve got a good and accurate KAR98 (but with a 20 round clip!).

Gas version would have been good but only if it had an internal mag.

I think you mean up the power, the spring version only put out about 280fps. They've done this because its the cheap and obvious option as its a direct marushin clone, not because its something anyone actually wants.

Yes I do, too many spreadsheets up on the system here.... :unsure:

...but downgrade if applying to the JG BAR conversion

I’ll look but it wasn’t much as it wasn’t (according to the person who did it) that hard.

The plus points are that as the Dboy KAR98 has a full wood stock and assembly, any places where it won’t fit can be sanded or chiselled down to suit with care.

Main focus was that you used the inner barrel, receiver/bolt & trigger assembly and “dropped” it strait in.

It looked so simple that I even considered it and I’m sure to when I get sufficient cash to by both donor RiF’s.

Will report back with details later after I’ve done a search…..

What a waste of time and effort this gun is. They'l be lucky to sell any as not only is it no where near as usable as the Tanaka but it's worse than the k98 springer they brought out - now you've got to hump a gas can around the field as well as loads of shells.

Most worrying point is that they won't sell any and decide that there's no market for WW2 guns when we're screaming for Stens, Brens, MP44s... and the ACM guys haven't even bothered doing a hi-cap for a top seller like the MP40. I guess that shows you how little they understand the market.

Come on China (or Japan) - you can't keep churning out endless variants on the M4 forever you know. We're bored!

Most worrying point is that they won't sell any and decide that there's no market for WW2 guns when we're screaming for Stens, Brens, MP44s... and the ACM guys haven't even bothered doing a hi-cap for a top seller like the MP40.

But the Enfield is still wanted most, as for hicaps in ww2 airsofting? Well i think the paintball guys do WW2 games sometimes, but frankly i'd rather play no WW2 airsoft than have to play with hicappers. Having a bolt action rifle (i'd prefer gas for quicker action, fps can vary etc. as im not going to snipe) against spray and prayers just wouldn't work

• 2 months later...

Archived