Vietnam Weapon Choices.

FireKnife

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The M1919 was standard issue for the ARVN and was still used on US armoured vehicles during the war. Given the problems with the M60 its perfectly possible that the infantry would try to get their hands on M1919s if the opportunity arose. I've seen pictures of them in use by SF for sure.

As for Stingers- I don't know if they were used in Vietnam but I doubt it. They were a WW2 field modification of which only a few (6 I believe) were made to provide a bipod fired MG with greater firepower than the BAR. The introduction of the M1919A6 solved this problem effectively and AFAIK no more were produced for military use.

The 1919 was used and there was a conversion for it so that it could feed the same ammo as the m60(.308)

While the MP5 did exist i would like to see the link you have to that. The Uzi was used on a few HALO insertions, and the MAC10 was restricted to an evaluation weapon(tested by Navy Seals but never fielded).

id say save up and get ahold of a CYMA m14, myself and a few friends all have nam loadouts but we all baught tm-m14's over any other weapons simply because on the airsoft feild they kick *albatross*

fixed, CYMA is better internally (slightly) and EXTERNALLY (MUCH MUCH better 'wood') as well

Archived