KSC System 7 USP Tactical 45

I have been waiting for someone to make a nice factory USP Tactical for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised when KSC announced they would be adding the Tactical to their new System 7 lineup. As soon as Red Wolf had them up on their site I ordered one . Took about a week for me to receive the my new GBB.

What you get. The box is a very simple grey box with a Styrofoam liner.

DSC02299.jpg

Inside the box you will find the gun, mag, manual, barrel plug, assorted extra paperwork and small bag of unmarked bbs.

DSC02298.jpg

The gun itself is very solid with no loose parts. It is mostly plastic but the finish is very close to the real thing. Hopefully aftermarket metal slides and barrels will be available down the road.

DSC02300.jpg

The gun has lots of little details that add to the realistic look and feel.

DSC02301.jpg

The controls on the KSC are ambidextrous and function exactly like the real steel. The weapon can be placed on safe with the hammer down or with the weapon cocked. The safety is also a decock.

DSC02303.jpg

Hows the gun shoot. With G+G .25 bios and propane this is about average.

DSC02315.jpg

The gun has a hard sharp recoil and can easily go a mag and half without more propane.

DSC02292.jpg

Fitting into a real USP Serpa. This took a little work on the front site channel of the holster. I had already Dremmeled out the channel for my RS Tactical but as it turns out the KSC front site is slightly higher and wider. Be very careful, my KSC actually got jammed into the holster before I Dremmeled it.

DSC02314.jpg

More to follow

Hows it stack up to the real thing?

DSC02294.jpg

Pretty well actually. There are some miner differences but they can easily be chalked up to slightly different models.

DSC02295.jpg

Differences that I noticed.

1. RS has night sights while KSC has a standard sights. It should be noted that both models have fully adjustable rear sights.

2. KSC has ambidextrous controls while RS has controls on only one side.

3. Serial number on the frame is a slightly different font

4. Several of the trades on the RS are filled with white paint

You can be the judge

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

Disassembly is essentially the same as the real steel. Pop out the slide stop and the rest is pretty easy. One issue I have noticed is removing the outer barrel. The barrel O ring is just enough so that the outer barrel can not clear the slide. I have no doubt if it were to be removed there would be no issues. I have no plans to remove to O ring because I'm sure it would break in the process.

DSC02318.jpg

Overall a very nice GBB. At $217 plus shipping it is a bit on the pricey side for a plastic GBB but if your looking for a Tactical it's definitely a great option.

Edited by nachostheclown
Is the hopup improved at all from the initial KSC USP.45?

Are the mags improved so they don't leak eventually when using propane compared to the original KSC USP.45?

I don't have an older model to compare hopups.

The design for the mags is new and not compatible with older models. I think only time will tell if there are any issues with mag leaks.

DSC02320.jpg

Edited by nachostheclown
Kinda disappointed that the KSC has standard sights instead of nightsights....

Agreed. They could have gone that extra step and did something like TM did with the 17. Although some other RS Tactical owners have told me they did not get night sights stock on their guns.

If it were not for the sights it would be very hard to tell the H&K from the KSC. They really did a great job.

Edited by nachostheclown
I don't have an older model to compare hopups.

The design for the mags is new and not compatible with older models. I think only time will tell if there are any issues with mag leaks.

Do you have a TM Hi-Capa or TM SIG to compare against? Those hops work great in comparison to the original KSC USP.45, so just trying to get a feel for what KSC might have improved other than the gas system.

Typically, the original KSC USP.45 mags would exhibit leaks pretty quickly. I thought I saw some marketing text about the System7 stuff that the mags were redesigned to withstand higher pressure than the original series, so just curious.

Thanks.

Do you have a TM Hi-Capa or TM SIG to compare against? Those hops work great in comparison to the original KSC USP.45, so just trying to get a feel for what KSC might have improved other than the gas system.

Here are some closeups if that helps. As far as how the hop-up performs, in my limited experimenting it seems on par with my TM GBBs.

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

Any chance of taking some pics of the manual too?

That hop-crown set system looks standard for recent KSC items, but the recoil spring guide seems rather 'different' (for lack of a better word, bizarre was not quite right)

This looks interesting.

I can't say if there is any improvement over the original. But I can say with the exception of the sights it's extremely hard to tell between the real weapon and the airsoft, even side by side.

As Utty's post pointed out the real weapon actually has mold lines on the hammer where the airsoft's hammer actually does not and looks better.

Edited by nachostheclown

Just an FYI, I don't think all "real steel" USP Tactical 45s included night sights. My dad's didn't...he just had adjustable sights. How does the KSC's trigger feel. Is it similar to the regular KSC USP 45 or is it like the "real steel's" match grade? Also, is the trigger stop adjustable?

Just an FYI, I don't think all "real steel" USP Tactical 45s included night sights. My dad's didn't...he just had adjustable sights. How does the KSC's trigger feel. Is it similar to the regular KSC USP 45 or is it like the "real steel's" match grade? Also, is the trigger stop adjustable?

Roger, I have talked to other RS Tactical owners and they have said the same thing in regards to the sights. When I say hard to tell the two apart except for the sights I was speaking in regards to my RS and it's options.

As far as the trigger pull it feels on par with other higher quality GBBs it's definitely not match grade. The trigger stop is fully adjustable.

Edited by nachostheclown

Can't remember if this has been discussed previously but are KSC releasing a USP Compact Tactical?

I would really prefer that over the full size model....please KSC! I know the released a PS10 but that's not really the same is it? <_<

Edited by chris u'5
They do have a compact tactical, it is called the USPc P10SD or sometime like that, but it is using the 9mm frame i guess it could be called the USPc9T

I really want a USPc45T or a USPc45 that would be awesome

See three posts above your own <_<

The P10 isn't a USP Tactical Compact.