CA P90 Sportline mini review.

greg

Just an update, my P90 died over the weekend. The gearbox locks up on semi and won't unlock even after firing on fully auto. As I said last time, i'm not confident with internals, so i've not opened it up to try and find the problem (and don't want to void my warranty if I can get a replacement/refund on it)

I'm not sure if it's common or not, but it's worth mentioning here.

^ just because you did it doesn't mean every other setup with the same parameters will work out.

To add fuel to your argument, SilentVectorX has his P90 running some stupid high ROF on Nylon Bushings at around 360-380 FPS (I think, maybe he said 400? I dont remember) The spring is an SP110, he is trying to frag the gearbox and hasent had any luck from an 11.1V LiPo (A good one) to his large 12V and nothing is breaking it yet. He's had the wiring smoking.

I guess it kind of depends, if any of the gear shimming is off at all I can see it being a much larger problem as the gears would wobble and cause uneven wear but his seems to be holding up just fine.

Marsden H's gearbox work is known in the midwest so I'd say his conclusion is fairly spot on. (/wave Hi Marsden, Whiskey11 on Airsoft Nebraska :D)

I did a thread dedicated to this a few months back "nylon bushes with M100 springs, do they really go bang?".

Search it if you like, there was loads of 'you must change to metal blah blah' but very little actual first hand evidence that nylon bushes were as poop as common belief makes us think.

Greg.

Just an update, my P90 died over the weekend. The gearbox locks up on semi and won't unlock even after firing on fully auto. As I said last time, i'm not confident with internals, so i've not opened it up to try and find the problem (and don't want to void my warranty if I can get a replacement/refund on it)

I'm not sure if it's common or not, but it's worth mentioning here.

get it fixed under warranty easiest thing

• 1 month later...
Have you taken any picture's of the body work yet greg? be interesting to see what it looks like and wether its worth a go myself.

Unfortunately I can't do 'getting photos on Arnies'. If I could, I'd have been showing off, my beauties for some time.

Check out the 'Hydrographics' webby, for an idea of what they can do. The Hienz scooter & HD Green Mocycle are well worth a gander. :)

Greg.

• 8 months later...

I figured I'd resurrect this, as it's coming up for it's first birthday.

It hasn't seen a lot of action since September but just had another 12,000 rnds through it.

Total now has to be well over 60,000. Still bright & fresh as a daisy. Same chrono, same rps, same sweet noise or lack of. :D

No sign of those dodgy plastic bushings giving up yet! So :bleh: to everyone who thinks you have to replace them as a matter of course. She gets her next good thrashing in a week & will then probably see a load more action as the summer comes along.

The high rof, is a problem as the 300 rnd hi caps, last about 5 or 6 squeezes of the trigger. :D

I'm so glad I got this gun, it's great.

Greg.

Archived