A&K vs. Jing Gong (Echo 1) vs. DBOYS

jond36

It really depends on what you're looking for.

A&K is the only manufacturer to produce a low cost LR-300. Dboys probably produces the best AKs of the companies mentioned. JG is the only one to produce the G36 series.

A&K is probably the lowest end of the bunch in terms of internal quality. The M249 and the LR300 seem to be decent guns, but both have some teething problems that need to be fixed before they can be the "best they can be."

The JG G36C is regarded by many as being "made of win." As a result, it is often recommend to beginners over many other rifles.

Do you know what needs to be sorted out in an A&k lr 300 Gigueand? Because I was thinking about buying one

Back on topic, I think JG/ E1 would probably be your best bet, they're the best out of those three companies that I've seen and heard of. Which isn't to say the others are bad, but I have heard they can be a little lacking

#1 DBoys/Kalash/Boyi - of those 3 best quality internally and externally (steel bodies, JG just started to make metal bodies that should explain a lot of their know how...)

#2 Jing Gong - many models, quality externally and internally so so, could be better, they get a win because big variety of models and they shoot very hard from get go (which makes them to break very easy also) i have never heard so many models breaking with other manufacturers, what ive heard its like every other JG is a lemon...real QC

#3 A&K externally big + but internally problems

for Echo1 which is just a rebrander and i know personally Echo1 guy here in China, new carton boxes basicly sometimes tune some parts to show for, but basicly is if you buy Echo1 = Jg/Cyma/DBoys is same no difference other than carton box or some fake markings, save some money and go for the source

Frontiers, I had heard that the LR300 from A&K was good, asides from the terrible hop-up. Of course, I don't consider that too much of a downside, it would be nice if I didn't need a new chamber, but it isn't hugely expensive, and I'm going to be upgrading the bucking and nub anyway. The reviewer later said that the cylinder compression could use work, but I think that was a wear thing, as he hadn't mentioned any issues in the review. As it was reviewed, it seemed like it was quite consistent, and accurate for a 11" barrel. Also had all shots within 3 FPS, which is pretty good for a clone. What internal issues are you thinking of?

#2 Jing Gong - many models, quality externally and internally so so, could be better, they get a win because big variety of models and they shoot very hard from get go (which makes them to break very easy also) i have never heard so many models breaking with other manufacturers, what ive heard its like every other JG is a lemon...real QC

for Echo1 which is just a rebrander and i know personally Echo1 guy here in China, new carton boxes basicly sometimes tune some parts to show for, but basicly is if you buy Echo1 = Jg/Cyma/DBoys is same no difference other than carton box or some fake markings, save some money and go for the source

I'm not going to comment on Dboys or A&K, but I would say that is a bit unfair towards E1 and JG. JG does not have perfect QC, but it is nothing like "every other one being a lemon". Yes they will break faster due to the higher spring, but you try the same thing in a TM and it's not going to do all that much better. As for E1, my understanding is that they either do their own QC, or buy with from the factory more stringent standards. They also either do some internal work themselves, or buy new versions that the factory (or original company) has yet to market, for instance the E1 G36C started coming with metal spring guides and bushings before JG, and if I remember actually had a weaker spring.

I'm not going to comment on Dboys or A&K, but I would say that is a bit unfair towards E1 and JG. JG does not have perfect QC, but it is nothing like "every other one being a lemon". Yes they will break faster due to the higher spring, but you try the same thing in a TM and it's not going to do all that much better. As for E1, my understanding is that they either do their own QC, or buy with from the factory more stringent standards. They also either do some internal work themselves, or buy new versions that the factory (or original company) has yet to market, for instance the E1 G36C started coming with metal spring guides and bushings before JG, and if I remember actually had a weaker spring.
i KNOW Echo1 QC ;) ive been with him inside the factory many times at the same time when he has been checking things ;) trust me, you dont lose much if you buy straight JG, and i know many retailers and they all complain about JG has many lemons where i base my idea that its not so good quality.
where's galaxy in all this?

Galaxy is very small factory and havent made anything new for ages, so i think is not so fair to add them to here :)

Frontiers, I had heard that the LR300 from A&K was good, asides from the terrible hop-up. Of course, I don't consider that too much of a downside, it would be nice if I didn't need a new chamber, but it isn't hugely expensive, and I'm going to be upgrading the bucking and nub anyway. The reviewer later said that the cylinder compression could use work, but I think that was a wear thing, as he hadn't mentioned any issues in the review. As it was reviewed, it seemed like it was quite consistent, and accurate for a 11" barrel. Also had all shots within 3 FPS, which is pretty good for a clone. What internal issues are you thinking of?

yeah, ive heard many good things about LR300 series but that has also some issues, its more like any A&K is not for any newbies, need to know what you are doing or else you will have problems :(

i'd go for the a&k especially the lr300. the body is much nicer built than a jg or dboys, it has a tougher gearbox, receivers aren't pot metal unlike jg and dboys.

it shoots 430 fps ootb. just replace its stock piston head with a jg piston head to eliminate airleaks in the cylinder. i did this and it now shoots 475 fps all stock. nozzle doesn't have airleaks. replace the hopup chamber with jg hopchamber because accuracy sucks.

about the gear noise, just replace bevel gear with CA or jg and lubricate

I'd rate them in this order JG, Dboys, A&K. I dont rate Echo1 because they are all three of those brands just re badged for to rip off the American market.

JG: 80-85% of the way to being TM quality. They still have some faults but usually its stuff that can be fixed at minimal cost.

Dboys: Their AKs are pretty much bomb proof, Their M4s I wouldnt touch. A little internal tinkering will be needed.

A&K: Nice externals, strong motors to crank pretty much any spring but need a little internal work and new hop rubbers.

i have owned JG g3s and 2 'full metal m4s'. i haven't had a single problem with any of them. the new m4s are great skirmishing weapons out of the box, only let down for me has been the battery. ive owned a dboys scar and m4 and the quality is nowhere near as good as JG in my opinion although the external finish is nicer

i have owned JG g3s and 2 'full metal m4s'. i haven't had a single problem with any of them. the new m4s are great skirmishing weapons out of the box, only let down for me has been the battery. ive owned a dboys scar and m4 and the quality is nowhere near as good as JG in my opinion although the external finish is nicer

in Arnies someone reviewed the new M4A1 of JG, and it got pretty bad review :P, i think they are overpriced, overhyped crappers, if you think price/quality ratio and all in all, you can get much better stuff for cheaper price like Cyma or DBoys/Kalash or AGM. And talk about the Steel bodies ;)

• 1 month later...
Do you know what needs to be sorted out in an A&k lr 300 Gigueand? Because I was thinking about buying one

Back on topic, I think JG/ E1 would probably be your best bet, they're the best out of those three companies that I've seen and heard of. Which isn't to say the others are bad, but I have heard they can be a little lacking

Buy 3 more 4mm x 12mm bolts for the hand guard of the A&K LR300 and you are good to go. A TBB would help but stock is adequate. It is a tad noisy out of the box but has not deteriorated. After 10k bbs, I still have no justification to open up the gear box.

Out of these three, I rank them like

1. JG

2.DBoys

3. A&K

I have had some great experiences with JG, some decent experiences with Dboys, and some pretty horrible experiences with A&K. I personally say that I think CYMA ranks above all of these. Just put a lighter spring in and they should be good for quite a while.

My experience is quite different.

I would rank

1. A&K

2. Army Armament (off topic)

3. JG

and the other Chinese brands are inconsistent.

The first time I opened the up the gear box of my M249 was when I found I had completely worn down the graphite brushes of the motor. There wasn't a single scratch on the rack gear of the piston. That's how robust it was. Admittedly, the mag-box is trash and I had to get a MAG small mag-box within a week.

Archived