So you play airsoft?

My wife and I were lookign for hosues and the realtor asked what we do do in our spare time so my wife went into this elaborate speech about airsoft and ######. I just wanted to face palm, the realtor asked about five times "whats airsoft?" She had no clue what my wife was talking about till i said, (what I always say) "Its like paintball."

If it is a mate then along the lines of:

I run around a wood with replica guns firing bb's at other people with replica guns.

If it is a serious question then i say:

It is played indoors or outdoors using replica guns that fire small bb pellets at low velocities. I play it with other likeminded people in a series of games and events similar to those on video games.

'FireKnife'

So my question is when asked about the sport and if you play, what is the best way to respond?

For most people, explain that it's a lot like paintball, complete with safety gear, rules, referees and objectives.

For those who look like they would enjoy it, show them videos of Op:Irene and say this is the big events that Airsofters play at.

I usually explain it's like paintball but the guns look real, not like toys. And then just tell 'em more and more about it. I'm unlucky as my girlfriends best friend's ex used to be an avid airsofter and he was a *beep* and eventually cheated on her with someone he met at his local so it's kind of stigmata when it comes to people around those two. But I've got quite a few friends into it and we all take it very seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived