Any BB's heavier than 0.43?

fr3sh

It's a quick question and couldn't find it anywhere else to be honest, thought the sniping section would be most relevant as sniper rifles use heavier BB's generally than AEGs.

Are there any heavier BB's than .43s? And if so what are they like (how well made, functionality etc) and where can I get them from? I remember reading something about .88s a looonnng time ago :P

steel bbs....

If you shot me with that i could turn your gun side ways ,shove it where the sun dont shine then get you banned from the site and every other site i could for life.

dont be f*cking stupid.

why would you want that weight anyway,do you know the fps you would have to run to get the flighing straight over a long distance,well over 500fps.

Incidentally I did a bit of number crunching, if a UK sniper puts out 500fps/2.31J with a .2, thats about 340 with a .43. So we can assume people are getting 60-80m shots at 300fps with a .43 if you account for hop application, which sounds about right for hopped in velocity

So, with these .87s if you wanted to chuck them at 300fps, you'd need at least 640fps with a .2, think when you start getting towards 380fps with that weight you are getting closer to 800fps w/.2s

So yeah, just stick with Guarder/Xtreme .28s, .29 SGMs or MB/Blaster .36/.4 for airsoft purposes

maybe he doesnt want them to skirmish with?

just a thought...

precisely, I'm looking to be making a target rifle soon going atleast 600fps, strictly no skirmishing. Just wanted to see what kind of accuracy you get with these, but I was looking for non-metal alternatives - no point trying if it isn't good for your inner barrel.

steel bbs....

If you shot me with that i could turn your gun side ways ,shove it where the sun dont shine then get you banned from the site and every other site i could for life.

dont be f*cking stupid.

why would you want that weight anyway,do you know the fps you would have to run to get the flighing straight over a long distance,well over 500fps.

you should perhaps think and give a person the benefit of the doubt before you post useless material on the forum. no offence :P

Hit up a ceramic ball bearing manufacturer.

Zirconium Oxide balls, (glass) weigh roughly 0.70 grams @ 5.953mm depending on the purity. and these are a milky white color.

The ZrO2 balls can be bought as low at 0.075USD per ball. (granted min order quantities are 1 ton)

I'm looking to be making a target rifle soon going atleast 600fps, strictly no skirmishing

save yorself a lot of bother and just buy a £25 spring air rifle (pref in .177), much better for targets than an airsoft gun will ever be.

and a LOT cheaper! LOL

Jim :lol:

Hit up a ceramic ball bearing manufacturer.

Zirconium Oxide balls, (glass) weigh roughly 0.70 grams @ 5.953mm depending on the purity. and these are a milky white color.

The ZrO2 balls can be bought as low at 0.075USD per ball. (granted min order quantities are 1 ton)

Glass has its own painful disadvantages though, I think there isn't probably anything heavier thn .43 that's reliable too or I would've heard of it.

save yorself a lot of bother and just buy a £25 spring air rifle (pref in .177), much better for targets than an airsoft gun will ever be.

and a LOT cheaper! LOL

Jim :lol:

yeh but I'm not gonna be shooting people with air rifles on the weekends am I lol

Glass has its own painful disadvantages though, I think there isn't probably anything heavier thn .43 that's reliable too or I would've heard of it.

yeh but I'm not gonna be shooting people with air rifles on the weekends am I lol

But your using it for target shooting...

Actually you don´t need more then 500 FPS w/ 0.20g to effectively shoot steel bearings 0.87g. Those who haven´t tried, take a KJW M700 and try them. As long as you give enough hop up lift to the bb then 500 FPS is enough to push 0.87 bearing to 92m effective range standing human target. Tested and tried.

B.

precisely, I'm looking to be making a target rifle soon going atleast 600fps, strictly no skirmishing. Just wanted to see what kind of accuracy you get with these, but I was looking for non-metal alternatives - no point trying if it isn't good for your inner barrel.

Try not to contradict yourself mate. First you say your never gonna use it in a skirmish, and then imply you'll be using it to shoot people with on the weekends.

Trust me, if you shot any skirmisher anywhere in the world with a metal BB, said skirmisher would jam you rifle where the sun don't shine and have you banned from as many sites as he could think of. Metal BBs are an absolute no for skirmishing.

As gisburn20 said, if you want a target rifle, but a .177 air rifle, far cheaper, easier to get hold of, and designed to do things like shoot metal ammo.

/rant over

Try not to contradict yourself mate. First you say your never gonna use it in a skirmish, and then imply you'll be using it to shoot people with on the weekends.

Trust me, if you shot any skirmisher anywhere in the world with a metal BB, said skirmisher would jam you rifle where the sun don't shine and have you banned from as many sites as he could think of. Metal BBs are an absolute no for skirmishing.

As gisburn20 said, if you want a target rifle, but a .177 air rifle, far cheaper, easier to get hold of, and designed to do things like shoot metal ammo.

/rant over

"rant over" lol!

Hehe I wasn't contradicting myself and apologies if it seemed I implied that, when I said I wouldn't be shooting people with air rifles on the weekends I didn't mean I'd be shooting at them with a target rifle instead! All I wanted to ask was are there any reliable accurate bb's over .43 and if they are let me know - I never even mentioned metal bb's, I did mention reading about .88s yes (.87s looking at the begadi site I guess I read it wrong a loonng time ago) but solely as an example of a bb over .43g.

edit: perhaps I should edit and clarify more, I don't want to get an air rifle for target shooting because I don't go air rifle shooting on the weekends, so you'll hopefully understand why then I want an airsoft rifle for target shooting, and am looking at heavier bb's just for interest in their accuracy/reliability :)

If a rifle is firing at 2.3 Joules (for example) It doesn't matter what weight of bb its firing be it 0.12g or 0.88g its still gonna fire at 2.3J. Honestly I really can't see why anybody would object to being shot by one(assuming the rifle is within field legal limits), unless of course they are getting their panties in a twist over application of physics.

edit: perhaps I should edit and clarify more, I don't want to get an air rifle for target shooting because I don't go air rifle shooting on the weekends, so you'll hopefully understand why then I want an airsoft rifle for target shooting, and am looking at heavier bb's just for interest in their accuracy/reliability :)

So, when you do use your rifle for shooting at the weekends you'll be completely unused of it's characteristics, because you've been using it with a massive fps, rather than 500...

If a rifle is firing at 2.3 Joules (for example) It doesn't matter what weight of bb its firing be it 0.12g or 0.88g its still gonna fire at 2.3J. Honestly I really can't see why anybody would object to being shot by one(assuming the rifle is within field legal limits), unless of course they are getting their panties in a twist over application of physics.

One .most sites ask for some sort of bio ammo to be used

second . irrispective of fps issues image being hit in the mouth my a .29 at 35 metres ,then the same again by a ball F**king bearing ,just think about it its not hard really

gods sake !"

The uk has a hard enough time as it is with fools and the rifs without daft ideas like can i fire metal rounds at people and still get away with it

Mods can we have a ban on stupid questions like the above , we all know the uk guidelines and limits that the home office sets

second . irrispective of fps issues image being hit in the mouth my a .29 at 35 metres ,then the same again by a ball F**king bearing ,just think about it its not hard really

gods sake !"

The uk has a hard enough time as it is with fools and the rifs without daft ideas like can i fire metal rounds at people and still get away with it

Mods can we have a ban on stupid questions like the above , we all know the uk guidelines and limits that the home office sets

1, never been to a site yet that wants some kind of bio ammo. (how we going to get 0.40g bio's)

2. Yea i would hate to be shot with a steel ball bearing

and this wasnt a stupid question, the OP wanted to do target practice. People just fail to read the whole post.

So, when you do use your rifle for shooting at the weekends you'll be completely unused of it's characteristics, because you've been using it with a massive fps, rather than 500...

true to an extent but apart from the fact that some practice is better than no practice people do have different rifles and/or springs they use for skirmishing and others for target shooting. anyway I'm not saying it'll be strictly to better myself for the weekends, sometimes people are just curious at the max. they can get out of their rifle (no rifle at the mo as I'm still waiting on delivery lol) - accuracy wise, range wise, fps wise.

i agree with you but who said I was going to use metal bb's on site? Jeez read the thread please, and where in this post did you get the idea someone said "..I'll fire metal rounds at people and still get away with it.."

let me make it clear - all this thread is for is to establish the quality and accuracy of bb's above .43, if there are any - and definitely not for skirmishing with metal/glass bb's etc. I hope that clears up any confusion now, lets not go off topic again.

the OP wanted to do target practice. People just fail to read the whole post.

thank you for being one of the few who can read and stay on topic.

The problem being its not just airsofters that read these boards and other forums <<people who want rid of the sport or have something to gain by its demise>> ,so just the thought that its possible to use such "BBs" can cause issues

I understand you JUST want to know but apart from curiosity is there any real need for them in an airsoft sence

The problem being its not just airsofters that read these boards and other forums <<people who want rid of the sport or have something to gain by its demise>> ,so just the thought that its possible to use such "BBs" can cause issues

I understand you JUST want to know but apart from curiosity is there any real need for them in an airsoft sence

so don't you think its more detrimental when people go off on a tangent and mention skirmishing with steel bb's and 'shooting people with them and getting away with it' rather than look at the actual subject of the thread? I haven't actually said or mentioned anything that may give others who want rid of the sport just cause to get annoyed about - If there is a bb heavier than .43 that is usable and doesn't cause harm but increases range and accuracy isn't that improving the sport and making it more realistic?

you can find the 'bad' in practically anything (baseball should be banned because baseball bats are weapons in the wrong hands and we should stop making muffins 'cause I choked on one earlier lol) so such people who are narrow minded and just want rid of the sport will only read what they want to read at the end of the day.

Ok you want to buy some heavier bbs to play with (and by that i mean test trial *rickroll* around with )

BUT you also want to use the rifle to go skirmishing with at weekend

So your going to change the aspect of the airsoft toy from skirmishable to target rifle just to see if heavier bbs are better

All i will say on this is to my knowledge (some 16 years of it in airsoft) there are no sites in the uk that will allow over .43 bbs and defo only a hand full who run very private games with differing insurances (i play with one group) that allow over 500 fps with single action rifles

Heavier bbs made of "other" materials over .43 will only screw over a decent hop setup with time and at a set uk legal FPS will not increase range and accuraccy ,IF there was im sure some of the more experienced players on here would have pointed you in the right direction instead of being a little harsh with there answers

Yes you can find bad in almost everything ,but baseball unlike airsoft isnt under scrutiny by the home office, police ,mothers with issues ,and

Archived