Converting CA M24 stock to VSR

Trasher

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stocks from ASG come without buttplate and triggerguard, so if you are going to order stocks from an ASG dealer, remember to order these parts too.

I have fitted the PDI bullbarrel to the receiver. I simply wrapped the barrel with some sandpaper, and sanded the front part of the stock untill the outer barrel fits.

I think I'll drill and tap a new hole in the receiver instead of filling the hole on the stock and drilling a new one. Can't see any reason why this won't work, but if I have missed something important here, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished my M24A2s (VSR24 G-spec :) ). The problem of the fitting of the hop up chamber and the cylinder unit can be easily verifiable. First, strip the hop up unit from the outer barrel, then screw back the metal block (wich connects the hop-up, the outer barrel and the stock) onto it. You only need one screw to lock them together.

Now you can put the hop up unit and the inner barrel into the new stock ,to verify the possible horizontal and vertical differences.

If you put the receiver into the stock and push the cylinder unit forward, the nozzle and the hop up unit has to fit perfectly. Do not forget to put back the screw into the bottom of the receiver wich holds together the receiver and the outer barrel, this screw can modify the height of the cylinder unit in the new stock !!! If you can put them together with minimum power, the receiver and the hop up block are in their places, Now you can glue the plastic part from the original stock under the mentioned metal block after the verification. I fixed the outer barrel-to-receiver fit problem with teflon tape.

Sorry 4 the poor quality photo, I'll make a better one soon!

35auhyt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Contact spartan imports/AEX, they are CA's nationwide distributors, and if anyone can get you just the M24 stocks without the gun it would be them.

I know a rep for spartan imports and I would proceed with them but the turn around time is months because its an item not on hand. I was hoping to find a vendor or private seller that has one on hand.

I think I found a source for my stock. I'll post pictures of my conversion when complete.

On a side note, Anyone that has done the conversion, Do you have a Fluted barrel left over that your willing to part with? I need one for another project.

Archived