The Real Steel Discussion Thread

Fuser

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CQB match was really fun. Sorry I didn't take photos, it was pissing rain for the morning, and then all the angles would have been terrible. Out of 30 I came in 11th. I had one really *suitcasey* run where the RO didn't explain the rules right and instead of letting me re-run it then basically gave me a *suitcasey* time.

Whatevers.

Anyways, things I realized.

-ICE rig works great

-My SBR's zero is clinically accurate

-I hate running. :P

CQB match was really fun. Sorry I didn't take photos, it was pissing rain for the morning, and then all the angles would have been terrible. Out of 30 I came in 11th. I had one really *suitcasey* run where the RO didn't explain the rules right and instead of letting me re-run it then basically gave me a *suitcasey* time.

Whatevers.

Anyways, things I realized.

-ICE rig works great

-My SBR's zero is clinically accurate

-I hate running. :P

Have you ever done anything like this?

If you want what is basically an Eagle FB shingle, go esstac, as I think they are cheaper but just as bombproof. They make the shingles with removable inserts. Contact Stu or Mel (the owners/operators/designer/everything) on their board and they can sell you the Kydex inserts for em, and the cool thing (maybe other pouches have this, I don't know) is that they are adjustable height. A double open top is only $30 (IIRC) and the kydex for it should be like $5-10 or less, and I got 2x doubles free when I ordered a custom rig from them. Thats some pretty freakin cool service in my book.

I actually have enough moneys for an ICE belt, I might pick one up soon.

So I got to grab my Form 4 from my FFL/SOT today on the KAC QDSS. I gotta say, it's fairly awesome. It's shorter than the M4-2000, but works just as well and I like the mounting system a lot more. It's a LOT more positive in terms of lock up. Downside is that it's not easy to take off when it's hot. Other downsides are that it's basically about 80 percent more expensive. I had heard a lot of AAC folks trash the KAC can because it's heavier, it is, but it's so negligible that it's not a problem.

Enjoy:

And because my SOT is a friggin super mega cool dude he just said, "hey you wanna try one of my spare HK 416 lowers on your upper? :P"

Some other videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affswj3chaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTvpQRkCvko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f04XarCoEqs

I'm sure the RoF on the gun eventually reaches it's max the longer you hold it down, due to multiple factors (gas, suppressor, etc). Neat lower, but the fact that H&K made it out of spec on the magwell so it can't accept pmags is lame sauce.

I have to say, it's a really nice can. I was told it's a heavy *bramston pickle*, I disagree, as it feels very similar to my M4-2000, but the sound it produces is lower pitched.

After about 2000 rounds I dunk the triple taps in a brake cleaning solution overnight to clean the inside deposits of carbon/copper out. So when I took it to the FFL it was damn near spotless, this is what it looked like after 150 rounds suppressed:

TTB_QDSS_01.jpg

You guys might like this:

Reticle.jpg

That's a pattern generator over the PEQ-15s IR designator. It's set up to be equal size to a human head at 300m. So it's about 4 inches at 100yds.

It also prevents me from ruining the standard ND filter it comes with. But can you imagine that red laser sweeping across your house at night?! :o

Am i right in thinking there is more than just the one pattern that the peq can produce? if so coud we get a pic of each? you know, for education purposes??

I don't know if I can do a photo of each, I try not to swap those around because the bands can be a little fragile. But there's 5 total:

-Triangle

-Square

-Circle

-T-shape

-X-shape (or '+' depending on orientation)

oh so the caps filter the laser? i thought there was a setting for each if that makes sense, kind of like a *in built laser shape*.

The different shapes are intended for different fire teams, units and shooters right?

thanks anyways titleist.

It's the cap that does the reticule. It's an attempt to make it so squad lasers can be separated out from other squads. How useful that is remains to be seen. I hear the results are 'meh' in that regard.

Archived