DIY Gun Rack

Panoptes

peli.jpg

Peli.

Nice but only really useful for transportation. I got fed up with the lack of quick access to my guns too, so I'd been after a rack for while. There's not too many around in the UK though. :(

So, on a whim whilst in B&Q today, I got together some stuff to build an armoury rack.

2x 850mm x 250mm 'Conti board'

4x 600mm x 250mm 'Conti board'

1x 10mm Rod

5x 'shelving thingies'

Screws

Stanley blades/knife

strip of heavy duty foam (from ammo tin).

2x A4 Self-adhesive foam sheets

2x Cans Krylon OD

1x Spare afternoon

1x Mark 1 eyeball (I never measure stuff) :D

Total cost: +/- £85 GBP (excluding Krylon) :)

Total time: 2-3 hours

Shelves look bowed; that's just the curvature of the wide angle lens...

DIY-GunRack-a.jpg

DIY-GunRack-c.jpg

DIY-GunRack-d.jpg

DIY-GunRack-e.jpg

DIY-GunRack-b.jpg

:cool:

Nice and tidy. To substitute the rod, you could have screw hooks and rubber bands like on guitar racks. Gives you individual access per gun.

Actually most guitar stands have a metal bar that coated in some soft type of rubber that flips down and is held down by pressure. That rubber bands have tendency of snapping sometimes knocking your guitar out of the stand causing the neck to break. Fender® FTW :D!!! I like the rack, and I want your L85 :(

• 4 months later...

My only criticism is that you might need some more support in the centre of the rack. It may just be the angle of the shot however it kind of looks like the centre is bowing down a bit (it doesn't look like it bows in some of your other pics so may just be the angle).

Second it's all in the finish and detailing. Nice work however one thing I would have done is drive those screws in a bit further and filled it in with some putty or something and then paint it.

Nonetheless great work man.

• 3 months later...

Archived