Too harsh for an AEG barrel?

Panoptes

It'd knacker your barrel.

If you read it it says its got the brush embedded in the rope.

If you've ever used a real steel barrel brush you'll know how harsh they are, and brass that AEG barrels is made of is a fairly soft alloy.

That's not even starting on how bad for your hop rubber it'd be!

If you need anything hasher than the supplied cleaning rod, what exactly are you doing with your AEGs?

EDIT: I have a leet post count! ;)

Yeah, it's good thinking, but a bad idea. these have several copper gun cleaning brushes embedded in the rope, which would score your AEG's barrel, ruining accuracy and possibly causing jams. let alone the fact it would shred the hop rubber.

They're great for cleaning real fireams, though! i have one for my Remington 870, and run it through every time after i'm done shooting for the day.

however, these might do the trick. you could get this and use it with a normal .22 caliber cleaning rod, or get this

There's also this titanium glazing kit to go with the cleaning rod.

I didnt see they have metal brushes in them, that would be bad for airsoft....

how about making one out of a shoelace, or other string?

Probably simpler to just use the cleaning rod and kitchen towel.... you dont have to take the gun apart for that.

I didnt see they have metal brushes in them, that would be bad for airsoft....

how about making one out of a shoelace, or other string?

Probably simpler to just use the cleaning rod and kitchen towel.... you dont have to take the gun apart for that.

I have always been looking at alternatives to the standard cleaning rods as they like to break every time i take them out of the house.

Boresnakes are great...

for air rifles and real steel.

Best bet for cleaning barrels, a piece of net curtain wire with a copper wire loop attached to the end to hold a cloth patches.

total cost £1

coils up to fit in your pocket, but is stiff enough to remove jammed BB's , and the plastic coated wire won't damage the barrel.

I use copper wire for the loop on the end for the same reason, ie. it is a softer material than the barrel.

Jim

Skinny Filter Tips...

filterTips.jpg

£1.15 a bag (I paid £5.70 for three bags inc postage), approx 350 in a bag.

Skinny Filter Tips

W6141

Perfect size for 6mm barrels.

Won't damage hop rubbers.

Will soak up any cleaning fluid or lube you care to use.

Can be cut in half for the real tight-wads among us ;)

Good fun for shooting each other indoors as well :P

They weigh 0.07g and I chrono'd one at 465FPS from a 350FPS M14, just in the interests of Science of course...

• 2 months later...

Archived