Xcom (Amiga)

IK + (C64)

Halflife (PC)

Halflife 2(PC)

Operation flashpoint (PC)

CS / CSS (PC)

Ground control (PC)

Tekken 3 (Playstation)

Don't tend to take to games these days unless they have a multiplayer element, there would be more games from the Amiga era but I was introduced to alcohol and lasses around then..... ;)

Edit: replaced GS2000 with Falcon - first multiplayer Flightsim I ever tried - much fun and hilarity, also replaced CnC with Ground control - first RTS to feature true line of site and indirect bombardment.

Not in any particular order (kinda)

Ace Combat 5

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Goldeneye

MGS3

Splinter Cell series

Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors

GTA series

Super Smash Bros: Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

:D

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Overrated tat...

Super Smash Bros: Melee

Super Mario Sunshine

Even-more-overrated tat...

My favorites:

1)Deus Ex

2)Halo2

3)Halo

4)Half-Life

5)HL2

6)Metal Gear Solid

7)Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomarrow

8)Splinter Cell

9)Goldeneye 007

10)Command & Conquer

Can you tell I like First Person Shooters?

Now that is a good first place , good to see someone playing that game :)

what are you chatting about the lezend of zelda were great games the one that comes out for gc this year looks amazing.

Yes it does!

I can't wait until it comes out. I just wish they decide on a name for it and tell us what it's about.

Nintendo can be so overly-protective sometimes :rolleyes:

I think you say that just because those are two of Nintendo's most popular franchises

No, I say that because I thought that generally speaking, both series' were overrated tat.

I hate the way, whenever Nintendo releases a game, even though it's a kids game and is almost IDENTICAL to the previous ones (OMFG BUT THis one is teh celshadED!!!111), all the Miyamoto fanboys automatically suck it's d*ck anyway... :rolleyes:

Actually Ocarina of Time was a classic that followed the usual story-line of the Zelda series, but was still one of the best games ever created by Nintendo.

Majora's Mask however had a very unique and enthralling story-line, that kept me entertained for hours on end.

The Wind-Waker had a differnt style of Gameplay than the others(kinda) and had a very different art-style, although it once again returned to the save the princess theme.

The Mario games are fun, plain and simple, although many of the newer ones are too easy. The ones I listed were at least challenging in some aspects.

I don't play games if they aren't entertaining, and just because it's kid-friendly(i.e. no cussing, no gretuitous violence etc.) doesn't mean it isn't a good game ;)

If you're in the UK you can have my copy of Far Cry for a tenner posted, if you want it. I've got it, but I didn't find it anything particularly stunning...especially once it morphed into a generic monster corridor Doom 3-alike after about 5 levels.

If you're in the UK you can have my copy of Far Cry for a tenner posted, if you want it. I've got it, but I didn't find it anything particularly stunning...especially once it morphed into a generic monster corridor Doom 3-alike after about 5 levels.

ah, maybe after I play it, I'll scratch it off my list then. :P My problem right now is not the lack of access to the game, but the lack of access to a PC that's good enough to play it on. :P But thanks for the offer anyway. :)

Farcry's engine was stunning when it originally released, the lush vegitation and welcoming lagoons felt like you were takng a wander around a holiday programme ! (well, except the genetic experiments and merceneries ;) )

I found the guns weren't very satisfying though - after Call of Duty and the like, I dont understand it when a designer includes a zoom button in an FPS but doesn't make it bring up the weapons' sights, it breaks the spell for me, really taking away from the immersion. <_<

The night vision modes were kind of funky but not a reason to buy the game

Multiplayer was a bit weak, hence it didn't last long with me and my m8s.

Shao14: How can you put Far Cry in your list of favourite games if you haven't played it yet? Hehehe.

I didn't like it all that much either to be honest. Too much like other first person shooters. I didn't play much to be fair to it, but I prefer my games to have a bit of ingenuity and innovation.

It was Frontier that I put on my list, First Encounters was the sequel which IMO was inferior, although it was a more rounded game overall. It was just too buggy.

The secret ship in First Encounters was the Mirage, and there is no such thing.

David Braben just started rumours about the presence of a secret ship so that people would carry on playing until they found it. Or at least, that's the theory. There is nothing in the program code that proves the existence of said ship anyway :P

There WAS a Thargoid saucer in Frontier that you could fly if you used a trainer to change your ship to a different one, but once you had done so you could only ever land on planet-based stations because trying to dock with an orbital station would crash the game.

Ok ok as far as Frontier. To get the thargoid ship you needed to get to Dangerous by a certain date then take a mission (appears on all planets) which led to you test piloting a fantastic ship to a certain sector (miles and miles away) when you got there you were met by Thargoids who asked you to mine a herb for them on a special planet (that why they are coming into our space). Once you had done this they offer you a VAST ammount of cash or a thargoid ship. Take the ship and you can jump half the bloody galaxy in one go and you have a *fruitcage* off big laser. Well the only problem is that you have no auto pilot and you have to do your first dock manually (which is smeg hard as you keep missing mars althogether). When you have finally done it you get a special news report that the thargoids have attacked our space and you can then tool up the thargoid ship and go looking for them.

I have done this with the help of a walkthrough. The hard part is getting to dangerous in time.

Basho

led to you test piloting a fantastic ship to a certain sector (miles and miles away) when you got there you were met by Thargoids who asked you to mine a herb for them on a special planet (that why they are coming into our space).

Aaah, you're talking about the Argent's Quest (or is it Turner's Quest? I can never remember)

That's in Frontier: First Encounters (the sequel to Frontier: Elite 2)

Once you had done this they offer you a VAST ammount of cash or a thargoid ship.

Yeah, that's right.

I thought you meant the rumoured Mirage ship which has never been found and according to people who have hacked apart the executables, does not exist at all.

Anyway, when oh when will another come out?!

Tell me about it!

Rumour has it that Frontier Developments are working on Elite 4 at the moment. They have had a page on their website about it for ages with some concept art from it, but not much else.

Then there was a job advert posted on their website a while back that seemed like it may have had something to do with Elite 4.

Current estimates are either the end of 2006 (if we're very lucky!) or somewhere near the Lave system in 3200 :D

Shao14: How can you put Far Cry in your list of favourite games if you haven't played it yet? Hehehe.

Hehe, it was not in my list, technically. Notice the space between Far Cry and the list above it? :P I only played the demo, and really enjoyed the beach. :) It is potentially going to be added in that list.

Hehe, it was not in my list, technically.  Notice the space between Far Cry and the list above it? :P

Hehe, fair enough :P

It was the beach level that put me off the game. Sure, it looked nice but it just felt so... empty. Hard to explain.

Archived